Trump survives Assasination Attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nydius

26 Jun 2024
I think what scares me most about yesterday (and the insane spin being put out there by the media today) is it shows that, no matter who wins in November, we're probably FUBAR and headed for widespread violence.

If Trump wins, we've seen the extent to which those who dislike him will go. Riots, burning cities, calling for politically orchestrated attacks. If Biden wins, a whole lot of people on the right will believe it's the second "stolen" election and will be ready to go full Fort Sumter on the Federal Government. As I wrote in an earlier post, I know some of those types of people and they're just itching for a reason.

I'm afraid that we're speeding headlong toward a violent split and I'm starting to think the past talk about negotiating a peaceful "national divorce" might have been the best plan all along. Now... it's too late.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I think what scares me most about yesterday (and the insane spin being put out there by the media today) is it shows that, no matter who wins in November, we're probably FUBAR and headed for widespread violence.

If Trump wins, we've seen the extent to which those who dislike him will go. Riots, burning cities, calling for politically orchestrated attacks. If Biden wins, a whole lot of people on the right will believe it's the second "stolen" election and will be ready to go full Fort Sumter on the Federal Government. As I wrote in an earlier post, I know some of those types of people and they're just itching for a reason.

I'm afraid that we're speeding headlong toward a violent split and I'm starting to think the past talk about negotiating a peaceful "national divorce" might have been the best plan all along. Now... it's too late.
That's what the left does unfortunately, talk about unting people but all they do is drive people apart they play identity politics tell you you aren't black if you vote a certain way

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
If Trump wins, we've seen the extent to which those who dislike him will go. Riots, burning cities, calling for politically orchestrated attacks. If Biden wins, a whole lot of people on the right will believe it's the second "stolen" election and will be ready to go full Fort Sumter on the Federal Government.

The good part is both options have already happened, so you know what to expect either way.

Unless Biden gets replaced, which seemed obvious to me a week ago but looks like the democratic party is dead set on going forward with the candidate suffering from advanced dementia.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
All i can say to all this violence is thank god trump did not get killed; there would of been some real Helter Skelter shit going on, and when I use that phrase I mean Manson and not The Beatles meaning.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Doesn't matter who wins. Currently, USA politics is a hate circle I have no interest in partaking in. I will vote November and accept whatever result is given. I''m glad trump is okay after what happened, as his death would have been the start of something incredibly nasty in this country.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
The country is done for no matter what happens at this point. Rip america
I pretty much got off board when the DNC decided I shouldn't vote in 2020 primary to select a nominee. More or less forced to vote Biden as a usual democrat. My frustration for how they handled that election burns to this day.

I have 0 faith in either major parties and as you stated, this country is done for regardless of whichever party wants to run this clown show of a political system.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I pretty much got off board when the DNC decided I shouldn't vote in 2020 primary to select a nominee. More or less forced to vote Biden as a usual democrat. My frustration for how they handled that election burns to this day.

I have 0 faith in either major parties and as you stated, this country is done for regardless of whichever party wants to run this clown show of a political system.
After they railroaded Bernie in 2016 I knew it was cooked. The Democrats had become the antithesis of democracy. I had some hope in 2020 because Bernie had a good shot and then the Democrats rugpulled him again. What's most disappointing is Bernie then went and bent the knee and is now being a good little doggy. I miss the younger Bernie who was a fighter. Let's not even talk about the theocratic nightmare of the Republicans.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
After they railroaded Bernie in 2016 I knew it was cooked. The Democrats had become the antithesis of democracy.
Absolutely correct, I don't feel it is discussed enough on how much they wronged their own voters in 2016/2020. We quite literally, have not been given a fair choice to pick a candidate since 2008. That is absolutely embarrassing. They are very skilled at planting whom THEY want to end up at the ticket, it's almost blatant.
I had some hope in 2020 because Bernie had a good shot and then the Democrats rugpulled him again. What's most disappointing is Bernie then went and bent the knee and is now being a good little doggy. I miss the younger Bernie who was a fighter. Let's not even talk about the theocratic nightmare of the Republicans.

As far as Republicans go, I thought this whole Trump era was a meme in 2015. Almost a decade later, I am left in in awe to see that they were being 100% serious in this shift of their political climate, it's more or less a meme turned into a bad dream.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs
Status
Not open for further replies.