Twisted Metal Leak Details Massive Change For Franchise

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...-more-about-ground-breaking-twisted-metal-ps5

twisted-metal-movie.jpg

Made on Unreal Engine 5
Crossplay between PS5 and PC (Steam)
PlayStation VR2 support
The focus is expected to be on narrative and even dialogue choices.

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I like the last two points.

Last point especially would make sense in regards to the (announced? rumoured?) series.

Last edited:

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
just because a job listing lists steam backend knowledge means nothing about this game coming to PC, especially not day 1.

Reactions: Yurinka

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Interested to see what they come up with because at a certain time Twisted Metal was awesome fun but increasing the narrative content is not something I care about at all

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Would’ve much preferred Wipeout.

Never liked car combat stuff. Love arcade racers tho. We need more of those.

What was that hick racer that came out that everyone loved with dual sense controls? That sucked.

Edit: wreckfest

Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I actually see the narrative comment tied to the live service aspect of the game just for world building. It’s a car combat game and at its core will be a multiplayer game. I wouldn’t stress it much.

I would love to see a traditional arcade racer as a service. Driveclub was great but botched delivery and 30fps. Ideally FZERO/Wipeout would be best due to fantasy element and the gimmick of upgrading futuristic racing machines leaves a shit ton of openings for customization and modifications.

Hopefully someday

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
People assume that the rumor was true and that these job offers are related to the game, when considering that Firesprite has a lot of people pretty likely they are working on multiple games at the same time. As an example, the VR offer could be for Horizon CoM.

Knowledge about the Steam backend doesn't imply a PC release, so even less imply crossplay or day one PC release.

Would’ve much preferred Wipeout.
Same here. I love Wipeout and never have been interested in Twisted Metal.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
People assume that the rumor was true and that these job offers are related to the game, when considering that Firesprite has a lot of people pretty likely they are working on multiple games at the same time. As an example, the VR offer could be for Horizon CoM.

Knowledge about the Steam backend doesn't imply a PC release and less day one.

Same here. I love Wipeout and never have been interested in Twisted Metal.

You don’t think Twisted Metal is primed for a pc release day one? I think it’s one of the many online service games Sony has planned. Def wouldn’t surprise me if it was cross gen and cross platform.

I didn’t play Wipeout till HD collection. I loved them. Not as much as FZERO GX but it’s the closest thing playable on modern hardware.

I hope we see Wipeout come back big. I’m very much done with open world racers. It’s not the same.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You don’t think Twisted Metal is primed for a pc release day one? I think it’s one of the many online service games Sony has planned.
GT7 and MLB are some of the many online service games Sony had planned and they are not day one. Hermen said they possibly might have day one release inside their online games, not that all their online games were going to be day one on PC. In fact, some of them never will be on PC.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
You don’t think Twisted Metal is primed for a pc release day one? I think it’s one of the many online service games Sony has planned. Def wouldn’t surprise me if it was cross gen and cross platform.

I didn’t play Wipeout till HD collection. I loved them. Not as much as FZERO GX but it’s the closest thing playable on modern hardware.

I hope we see Wipeout come back big. I’m very much done with open world racers. It’s not the same.
I think its a dead franchise, I don't know why Sony would try again after the PS3 version failed. It just looks so.... 90s.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I think we can have both.....TMB and Wipeout.....I still remember when Sony brought Crash on PS4, people said it's on old game, it's just nostalgia and it did very well. I guess it's really up to how well they do it. Old games rebooted/remade can be good, especially if they were already classics.

Wipeout is definitely a game that needs to see a new generation, it was great with VR......Now a new gen Wipeout built for PS5 and VR in mind would definitely be a killer App.....

Also, Warhawk, not Starhawk, bring Warhawk back with VR. A real gamer's game.....None of that Flight Simulator coma inducing stuff....

• Shake

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im always interested to see what they do with there games and try to make them bigger. WWS has done enough the last decade and half to show most the time they do well.

But maybe it was better to make things like his and wipeout, warhawk just the smaller AA games they need to be with added online.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think its a dead franchise, I don't know why Sony would try again after the PS3 version failed. It just looks so.... 90s.
Dead franchises can always be brought back if done well. They can also die quickly if done badly lol.
Nothing is dead forever. Especially if they do a decent job of it

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
GT7 and MLB are some of the many online service games Sony had planned and they are not day one. Hermen said they possibly might have day one release inside their online games, not that all their online games were going to be day one on PC. In fact, some of them never will be on PC.

Isnt MLB day 1 on PC? But its day 1 on Xbox?