Ubisoft exec: get used to not owning your games !!!! |UP| with Larian Studios response and Concerns.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I never said that the company would lose money. Every company is in business to make money. But here's an example, let's say I buy Hellblade 2 for $70 on disc or $70 via digital or I pay $11 and complete it within 30 days for what will be a monthly rental and then cancel the subscription which I have done every time. Digital, Microsoft will make $70, Game Pass, $11 and Disc would be probably around $30-$40 after the fees the retailers, distribution, etc. get. So I never said anything about the company losing money but when it comes to me and how I choose to play games, they'll make less money off me than those who'll buy the game. Game Pass will make Microsoft more revenue and profit if everyone stays subscribed after signing up but I don't since I cancel before it renews.

Talk about missing the forest for the trees. Yes, you do all that, and in the end you get mediocre games in return. You're losing out, not them, because you're paying for a subscription service to play a game you'd probably never play, meaning you're actually losing money, not saving.

Every business/company is going to push what they prefer customers to choose. People keep talking about physical when it's basically dead and the best part is, two generations ago when digital started on Xbox 360/PlayStation 3, everyone said, it won't last, it will die. But the opposite happened. Vast majority of consumers will do what is better for themselves and at the end of the day, there's no cheaper way to play a game day one than via a subscription service especially if you're like me and cancel before the subscription renews.

Physical is so dead that AAA games are around 50% or above physical. This has been discussed extensively in this forum. Additionally, recent games that decided not to go physical (Alan Wake 2 being one of them) bombed hard.

Edit:

Majority of companies aren't going to give you a trial/demo and in some cases, that hurts game sales which is why publishers rarely do it. Indies are more likely to do it than AA/AAA publishers. You think I'll spend money to try out the game? You do realize im cheap, right? lol

It hurts game sales because those games are shit. If the demo of a game is good, people will buy it. And yes, I realise you're cheap, and it's unfortunate that you don't realise that people like yourself, that like to willingly being fucked in the ass by corporations, are what's wrong with modern gaming.

For example, Prince of Persia The Lost Crown is a game im interested in and want to try out but I will wait until Outlaws or AC 2024 is released and on Ubisoft+ so when that happens, I will play the game I want to play 100% for a cheap $18 monthly rental while also being able to try out the full game of POP as opposed to a demo.

Good for you.

Reactions: JAHGamer
D

Deleted member 223

uA-U6q.gif
Damn....

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Talk about missing the forest for the trees. Yes, you do all that, and in the end you get mediocre games in return. You're losing out, not them, because you're paying for a subscription service to play a game you'd probably never play, meaning you're actually losing money, not saving.

Physical is so dead that AAA games are around 50% or above physical. This has been discussed extensively in this forum. Additionally, recent games that decided not to go physical (Alan Wake 2 being one of them) bombed hard.

Edit:

It hurts game sales because those games are shit. If the demo of a game is good, people will buy it. And yes, I realise you're cheap, and it's unfortunate that you don't realise that people like yourself, that like to willingly being fucked in the ass by corporations, are what's wrong with modern gaming.

Good for you.

Plus leaked data showed that sony games sells more or less 50%+ physical.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Plus leaked data showed that sony games sells more or less 50%+ physical.
Yep, and it's not just Sony games. The reason why splits are so heavily trending to digital is simply because a lot of games do not release physically, that's it. I'm very happy that Alan Wake 2 bombed after they decided to not have a physical release.

• Heart
Reactions: Gediminas