[UK] 65% of Resident Evil 4 sales were on PlayStation platforms, 20% on Xbox and 15% on PC (Physical + Digital)

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You seems exactly like Valve living in promises of decades ago without delivery nothing of substantial except for some one one two tries in the last decade.

Numbers don’t support your claims… just that.
Nothing substantial other than making something that seemed impossible like making gaming on Linux viable a reality.

Nothing like having better performance and less stutter while running a DX game on Linux using Proton, this is where we are at already and if not for a few stupid devs blocking Linux gamers I would say the experience is already superior to gaming on Windows.

You are still basing your conclusions on old SteamOS and Steam Machines but contrary to MS Valve actually learns from their mistakes and adjust their strategy.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Nothing substantial other than making something that seemed impossible like making gaming on Linux viable a reality.

Nothing like having better performance on Proton while running a DX game on Linux, this is where we are at already and if not for a few stupid devs blocking Linux gamer I would say the experience is already superior to gaming on Windows.
Games on Linux was viable since beginning…. I’m not even not sure what are you talking about… there is no limitation to develop games for Linux.

What happen is that developer didn’t saw Linux as a platform with userbase to buy games… and that is true today.

1.2% of Steam users as end of 2022 uses Linux.
It is the very definition of niche and you still call developers stupid lol

Superiority, 1-2 framerate better, etc was never a point in discussion why Linux doesn’t receive games 🤷‍♂️ I’m not even sure why you bring that when nobody cares (Steam user, developer, publisher, etc).

Mac M1/M2 are technically better platforms for games than Windows or Linux… so what?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Games on Linux was viable since beginning…. I’m not even not sure what are you talking about… there is no limitation to develop games for Linux.

What happen is that developer didn’t saw Linux as a platform with userbase to buy games… and that is true today.

1.2% of Steam users as end of 2022 uses Linux.
Lmao, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. You go on being a Windows fanboy but your days are numbered. I have no respect for any enthusiast that isn't on Linux already or who is acting like a doomer.

Valve is the competition Sony and Nintendo need not MS.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Lmao, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. You go on being a Windows fanboy but your days are numbered. I have no respect for any enthusiast that isn't on Linux already or who is acting like a doomer.

Windows fanboy… that is news.
@Remij will be proud of me.

😂😂😂

I mean you don’t have respect to many people… 1.2% is like 1.2 million gamers only… MacOS has more Steam users (~2%?) and Windows is basically the main platform by a big shot (> 95%).

Edit - Typed 20 instead 2.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sorry guys I got it wrong because Linux dropped from the 1.2% from end of 2022.

March 2023 Steam stats.

Windows: 97.95% (96.37% at end of 2022)
Mac: 1.41% (2.37% at end of 2022)
Linux: 0.84% (1.27% at end of 2022)

What that means?

Gamers moved from Linux to Windows from end of 2022 to end of March 2023.
Arch Linux 64bits (the Steam Deck Linux) is at 0.09% a drop from 0.13% from end of 2022... so people installing Windows on Deck.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Dude there's no point, it's like arguing with a brick

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
If we compare marketshare to the resi 4 sales split between PS5 and x series. You can really see how bad the sales have tanked on Xbox.

DAMN @peter42O, IS THAT YOU?
Peter_85, Witcher avatar, obsessed with making Xbox appear better than it is

Hopefully that puts your argument to bed. Sales ratio is 1.2:1 but RE4 is 3:1 and now, thanks to you, we DO KNOW the splits for Ps5 and Xbxs

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
DAMN @peter42O, IS THAT YOU?
Peter_85, Witcher avatar, obsessed with making Xbox appear better than it is

Hopefully that puts your argument to bed. Sales ratio is 1.2:1 but RE4 is 3:1 and now, thanks to you, we DO KNOW the splits for Ps5 and Xbxs
If it's 3:1 in the UK imagine how it is worldwide.

Then people act surprised when devs won't port games to Xbox on release without being paid upfront.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Dude there's no point, it's like arguing with a brick
Do you believe Steam Linux users are increasing when all the Steam data shows the opposite?
I mean I have no ideia what point he is trying to make because all Steam data shows the complete opposite of what he says.

One think is to like Linux or hate Windows... that is fine.

Another is claim that Valve plan is do dominate in 10 years with Linux the market.
The things are more simple that that... Valve choose Linux for Steam Deck because it was cheap and they had a price target to reach with Steam Deck.
They were fast to say after that that you can install your own Windows in it.

Steam today has less users using Linux than actual Steam Deck machines on the market... what that means to you? You filter only to the Linux that come with Steam Deck then the number won't be 20% of Steam Deck machines on the market.

🤷‍♂️

It is like the other guy trowing sales data in wall text without any data to back up it.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Do you believe Steam Linux users are increasing when all the Steam data shows the opposite?
I mean I have no ideia what point he is trying to make because all Steam data shows the complete opposite of what he says.

One think is to like Linux or hate Windows... that is fine.

Another is claim that Valve plan is do dominate in 10 years with Linux the market.
The things are more simple that that... Valve choose Linux for Steam Deck because it was cheap and they had a price target to reach with Steam Deck.
They were fast to say after that that you can install your own Windows in it.

Steam today has less users using Linux than actual Steam Deck machines on the market... what that means to you? You filter only to the Linux that come with Steam Deck then the number won't be 20% of Steam Deck machines on the market.

🤷‍♂️

It is like the other guy trowing sales data in wall text without any data to back up it.
You keep talking about stuff you know nothing about... how is Valve working for over 10 years on Linux cheaper? Your ignorance is in full display here. You clearly don't understand Valve.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You keep talking about stuff you know nothing about... how is Valve working for over 10 years on Linux cheaper? Your ignorance is in full display here. You clearly don't understand Valve.
Valve released SteamOS in 2013 and it found no success.
They released Steam Desk in 2022 and choose to ship with Steam OS because it is cheap... and give easy access to users to change to Windows... it is not having success again.

Their userbase is not on Linux... if it was not the cost they could have shipped with Windows because it will have more success with their userbase... it is very clear and you can see that on Steam stats.

I'm not sure why you can't understand... the data is pretty clear:

MARCH 2023

ArchLinux (Steam Deck): 0.09% (0.13% at end of 2022)

You can see Linux is shrinking while Windows is increasing by the choice of Steam users? Maybe you need the same data from previous years I don't know 🤷‍♂️

MARCH 2022
Windows: 96.57%
Mac: 2.43%
Linux: 1.00%
ArchLinux (Steam Deck): 0.12%

Steam Deck didn't icrease Linux use in Steam... at least not in terms of market share and even looking at raw number of users Steam should had to increase a lot in users to make 0.09% today to be bigger than 0.12% in 2022 (a jump from 120 million to 160 million to make 0.09% from 160m to be equal to 0.12% from 120m).

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Valve released SteamOS in 2013 and it found success.
They released Steam Desk in 2022 and choose to ship with Steam OS because it is cheap... and give easy access to users to change to Windows... it is not having success again.

Their userbase is not Windows... if it was not the cost they could have shipped with Windows because it will have more success with their userbase... it is very clear and you can see that on Steam stats.

I'm not sure why you can't understand... the data is pretty clear:

MARCH 2023

ArchLinux (Steam Deck): 0.09% (0.13% at end of 2022)

You can see Linux is shrinking while Windows is increasing in the choice of Steam users? Maybe you need the same data from previous years where Linux reached over 2% of Steam users 🤷‍♂️
Again, you just don't know what you are talking about. SteamOS 3.0 is completely different than the old Steam OS and the thing that changed everything was Proton.

Valve saw with Steam Machines that they would need an universal solution for Linux gaming systems to become viable. The Steam Deck is an opportunity for them to improve the experience but their goal is obviously much more ambitious.

Anyone that is actually following the progress being made can see where things are going. Today one can easily be a PC gamer and never boot Windows unless you are into some specific game made by a shitty dev like Bungie or Epic that go out of their way to sabotage Linux.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Again, you just don't know what you are talking about. SteamOS 3.0 is completely different than the old Steam OS and the thing that changed everything was Proton.

Valve saw with Steam Machines that they would need an universal solution for Linux gaming systems to become viable. The Steam Deck is an opportunity for them to improve the experience but their goal is obviously much more ambitious.

Anyone that is actually following the progress being made can see where things are going. Today one can easily be a PC gamer and never boot Windows unless you are into so specific game made by a shitty dev like Bungie or Epic that go out of their way to sabotage Linux.
And? It is shrinking.

More people are using Windows today in Steam than in March 2022.... and less people are using Steam OS today than in March 2022.
With actual data you can say that people are buying Steam Deck and installing Windows.

Again...

MARCH 2023
Windows: 97.95%
Mac: 1.41%
Linux: 0.84%
-- ArchLinux (Steam Deck): 0.09% (0.13% at end of 2022)

MARCH 2022
-- ArchLinux (Steam Deck): 0.12%

You need a jump in Steam users from 120 million in March 2022 to 160 million in March 2023 to make the difference between 0.09% and 0.12%.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
And? It is shrinking.

More people are using Windows today in Steam than in March 2022.... and less people are using Steam OS today than in March 2022.
With actual data you can say that people are buying Steam Deck and installing Windows.

Again...

MARCH 2023
Windows: 97.95%
Mac: 1.41%
Linux: 0.84%
-- ArchLinux (Steam Deck): 0.09% (0.13% at end of 2022)

MARCH 2022
-- ArchLinux (Steam Deck): 0.12%

You need a jump in Steam users from 120 million in March 2022 to 160 million in March 2023 to make the difference between 0.09% and 0.12%.
My brain is shrinking from reading your nonsense, have a good day.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
My brain is shrinking from reading your nonsense, have a good day.
Facts you say.
You can't deny them because they are public.

I have no ideia how can you read the data and don't understand 🤷‍♂️

I undertand your point that Valve give the choice to users user Linux but you need to realize that is not happening... Steam users are choosing Windows.
I can't be more clear than that.

You even called developers stupid (they are not... you sell you product where your userbase is and you will have profit) and tried to say anybody not using Linux don't deserve your respect whatever that means lol

Linux on Steam is a very niche bubble... and that bubble is well becoming smaller.

Last edited: