[UK Charts] The new Forza Motorsport failed to reach the Top 20 in its debut week

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Back in xbox 360 forza was huge

But now it suffers from franchise fatique and oversaturation cos turn 10 been releasing too many forza game
Not Franchise fatigue. They simply made the Horizon spinoff the only Forza people should be playing.

Reactions: Airbus

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I second this. @Welfare , any analysis you wish to provide on the new Forza's market performance in UK?

"Sales dont matter"

It's a shame... Forza used to be my favorite game on Xbox. It used to be a pretty big deal..

Look at what PC ports and day 1 gamepass did to it!

This is a big warning to PlayStation and their "vision" for the future. When games are available everywhere, they are valued less.

Oh, they've finally start to talk about it :

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's a shame... Forza used to be my favorite game on Xbox. It used to be a pretty big deal..

This is a big warning to PlayStation and their "vision" for the future. When games are available everywhere, they are valued less.
You know that it has ZERO to do with PC ports and everything to do with MS making everything into a low-effort commodity, stop being so disingenuous.

I hate PC gaming, but I don’t make blatantly wrong statements to try to conflate a corporate culture that kills creativity with what platforms a game ships on. If you were right, all the third-party games that ship multiplat day one would be as shitty as MS first-party offerings.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
You know that it has ZERO to do with PC ports and everything to do with MS making everything into a low-effort commodity, stop being so disingenuous.

I hate PC gaming, but I don’t make blatantly wrong statements to try to conflate a corporate culture that kills creativity with what platforms a game ships on. If you were right, all the third-party games that ship multiplat day one would be as shitty as MS first-party offerings.

It's more Microsofts overall vision but PC plays a part in that, where they want to be everything to everybody, to be everywhere and it results in less focus on the game and its identity and quality.

Maybe I phrased it in a way that targeted the PC element too much but right now, it is a great danger for PlayStation IMO.... PC and the creep of live-service / engagement based gaming is something I don't want infecting PlayStation.

I hope you understand me now.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Multiplat and exclusives from platform holders are treated different by the martket.

If Mario Wonder was on Switch and PC Day 1 I would not even buy it. It would be just another release I can ignore.

Exclusives like Spider-Man 2 and Mario are like an event for your platform. I don't know how to explain but that's just the way it is.

When we talk about Playstation we talk about their exclusives even if pretty much every 3rd-party is on PS too.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's more Microsofts overall vision but PC plays a part in that, where they want to be everything to everybody, to be everywhere and it results in less focus on the game and its identity and quality.

Maybe I phrased it in a way that targeted the PC element too much but right now, it is a great danger for PlayStation IMO.... PC and the creep of live-service / engagement based gaming is something I don't want infecting PlayStation.

I hope you understand me now.
You’re still completely off-base with that assertion, especially when PS ports are after the PS5 release.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
You’re still completely off-base with that assertion, especially when PS ports are after the PS5 release.
Gi Joe GIF

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Back in xbox 360 forza was huge

But now it suffers from franchise fatique and oversaturation cos turn 10 been releasing too many forza game
Huge compared with what?

I remember no Forza in 360 days crossed 5 million sold for example.
GT5 alone did over 14 million.
GT6 (considered a huge failure) did over 6 million.

There is a reason why MS shift focus to the spin-off Forza Horizon... since first Forza Horizon it sold better than Forza Motorsport.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airbus

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

That has not much to do with PC ports.
It is all about Gamepass model imo.

Remember what I said several years ago? How you will pay AAA games with the Gamepass model?
The options are to decrease AAA budget making it like some AA budget and focus on GaaS / Episodic models.

With Gamepass you won't see big quality games from MS anymore... maybe some exceptions will exists but they will take more and more years to launch.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Huge compared with what?

I remember no Forza in 360 days crossed 5 million sold for example.
GT5 alone did over 14 million.
GT6 (that is considered a huge failure) did over 6 million.

There is a reason why MS shift focus to the spin-off Forza Horizon... since first Forza Horizon it sold better than Forza Motorsport.
GT5 menu and ingame soundtracks all ready justified the purchase

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
I second this. @Welfare , any analysis you wish to provide on the new Forza's market performance in UK?
Forza Horizon is the better franchise. It's probably eating into Motorsport popularity because people have been playing a racer on Xbox since 2021.

I think FH5 has over 36M players now. It's done more to reach a wider audience than Motorsport has.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters