[UK Sales]Street Fighter 6 sold 52% on PS5, 23% on PC, 17% on Xbox, and 7% on PS4 (Physical + Digital)

Unchained

5 Dec 2022

57% of Diablo 4's sales were on PC. The remaining 43% of sales came on PS5, Xbox Series S and X and PS4.

Second place belongs to Final Fantasy 16. The Square Enix title's opening two weeks sales are 36% lower than the last major Final Fantasy game, which was Final Fantasy 7: Remake in April 2020.

The third game in the charts is also a new release in F1 23. The first three weeks for the EA game are a significant drop on last year's racing title, with sales down 49%. As a franchise, F1's performance often fluctuates depending on the interest in the current F1 season.

Interestingly, F1 sold best on Xbox platforms, with Xbox Series S and X accounting for 48.5% of sales. PS5 accounted for 47.6%, and the remainder was on PS4 and PC.

The final new release in the charts is Street Fighter 6 at No.8. Capcom's game continues to be popular on PlayStation, with PS5 accounting for just over 52% of sales. PC accounted for 23% of sales, Xbox Series S and X with just over 17% and PS4 with more than 7%.

PS5 price cutting boosts console sales

Video game console sales rose 15% in June, to 110,000 consoles sold (GfK panel data).

PS5 is back as the top-selling console, with sales up 43% over May. This is due to a surge in sales of the standard PS5 bundled with God of War Ragnarok, which was reduced from £520 to £460 by retailers.

UK GSD June2023 Top 10 (Digital + Physical)​

PositionTitle
1Diablo 4 (Activision Blizzard)
2Final Fantasy 16 (Square Enix)
3F123 (EA)
4FIFA 23 (EA)
5Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
6The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Nintendo)*
7Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
8Street Fighter 6 (Capcom)
9NBA 2K23 (2K Games)
10Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I think once winter sets in and folks are home FF16 will skyrocket.
Well let's hope it's one of their main Black Friday / winter bundles as well. I know they'll be pushing Spiderman 2 hard, so hope FF 16 gets some of that love.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What all these defense control for FFXVI here?

The launch sales of the franchise is in decline... nobody can deny that.
There is nothing to do with personal opinion.

You can of course discuss the reason for that.
That is way more interesting than try to cover it with posts like "They want FF16 to fail"... what people want or not doesn't matter here... sales are facts.

To give a bit more insight... I avoid FFXV (yes never puschased any copy of it but it was bad) and I jumped on FFXVI on day one (because it is good).
Anedoctal but that lead me to thing that people that did buy FFXV are not jumping to FFXVI... while people that didn't buy FFXV are buying FFXVI.
In any case the sales of FFXVI is in decline compared with FFXV and to be it was all because FFXV give a bad taste to these that puschased it.
FFXV harm to the franchise is still very active.

And a Remake could do nothing to that... well maybe it helped... mayve without Remake FFXVI sales should be even lower but that scenario doesn't exists.

Edit - Before people come with the 2 platforms vs 1 platform.... arround 4.5m units from FFXV launch sales were on PS4... if you belive FFXV only sold more than FFXVI because it was on Xbox you are out of reality touch... FFXV PS4 sold more than FFXVI PS5... around 50% more.... and the userbase was less than 10 million difference.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: arvfab and Ezekiel

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Yeah I want a Franchise to fail that I've been playing since Winter 2000 🤣.

First two weeks is 36% lower than FF 7 Remake, I don't consider that good.
3mil in a week is fantastic. No one cares what you considered good or not. That's more than loads of games lifetime sales. Also remake comes with nostalgic luggage. Acting like both games have the same legacy is stupidly dumb

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What all these defense control for FFXVI here?

The launch sales of the franchise is in decline... nobody can deny that.
Compared to what?
FF16 is on PS5, a much lower install base than FF15 PS4/X1/PC or FF13 install Base

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Compared to what?
FF16 is on PS5, a much lower install base than FF15 PS4/X1/PC or FF13 install Base
Already expected that lol

Edit - Before people come with the 2 platforms vs 1 platform.... arround 4.5m units from FFXV launch sales were on PS4... if you belive FFXV only sold more than FFXVI because it was on Xbox you are out of reality touch... FFXV PS4 sold more than FFXVI PS5... around 50% more.... and the userbase was less than 10 million difference.

You guys are really out of touch with reality 🤷‍♂️

BTW the installbase was not that big different... It was like ~40-42m to PS5 vs ~48-50m for PS4.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Already expected that lol

You guys are really out of touch with reality 🤷‍♂️

BTW the installbase was not that big different... It was like ~40-42m to PS5 vs ~48-50m for PS4.
This must be joke. FFXV rode on ff13 hype. But let's pretend that didn't happen. And after the frontloaded sales the game tanked. and pretty much hurt the brand. Ffxvi is $70 game with bundles and special editions to boot. Ffxvi is already more successful and people actually like it more than not

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Sweet a Street Fighter thread!

Screenshot-2023-07-13-at-11-18-10-AM.png

Screenshot-2023-07-13-at-11-18-19-AM.png

Screenshot-2023-07-13-at-11-18-30-AM.png

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This must be joke. FFXV rode on ff13 hype. But let's pretend that didn't happen. And after the frontloaded sales the game tanked. and pretty much hurt the brand. Ffxvi is $70 game with bundles and special editions to boot. Ffxvi is already more successful and people actually like it more than not
That doesn't change the sales lol
I mean you are just looking for excuses to not accept the sales are in decline.

Like I said we can discuss the reason but not deny the facts.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel
24 Jun 2022
So 59% PS to 17% on Xbox for SF6..and we can expect very similar splits between PS/PC/Xbox for the game here in the US as well. That's a 3.4:1 ratio in favor of PlayStation.

To call that a slaughter is being kind, especially after all the FUD that SFV's issues were caused by being a console-exclusive. It's also crazy considering in the 360 gen, I'm pretty sure Xbox held a much better ratio to PlayStation for most fighters, including SFIV.

Yeah I want a Franchise to fail that I've been playing since Winter 2000 🤣.

First two weeks is 36% lower than FF 7 Remake, I don't consider that good.

FF VII Remake has nostalgia on its side. It's literally a remake of one of the most popular JRPGs of all time. XVI is not a remake and it's way too early to even say if it's one of the most popular or impactful JRPGs ever made.

So it's kind of an unfair comparison. Even so, being "only" 36% lower in one market in spite of those differences is impressive for XVI IMO, and it's just also showing me that other regions have seemingly more than picked up the slack for sales of that game.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That doesn't change the sales lol
I mean you are just looking for excuses to not accept the sales are in decline.

Like I said we can discuss the reason but not deny the facts.
I know you keep dooming about the sales but FF16 is still number 1 on PSN 3 weeks after release. It's selling better than Diablo, NBA 2k24 preorders, Spider-Man 2 preorders and Jedi Survivor.

Let's wait for some PR from Square before saying it underperformed.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I know you keep dooming about the sales but FF16 is still number 1 on PSN 3 weeks after release. It's selling better than Diablo, NBA 2k24 preorders, Spider-Man 2 preorders and Jedi Survivor.

Let's wait for some PR from Square before saying it underperformed.
If you want to talk about future sales I said that maybe FFXVI can put better lights for lifetime sales or FFXVII release.
But that won't change the actual launch sales... for the franchise it underperfomed.