[UK Sales]Street Fighter 6 sold 52% on PS5, 23% on PC, 17% on Xbox, and 7% on PS4 (Physical + Digital)

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You are right. I was talking as a whole. Regardless selling 36% less than a classic isn't something to snot about. If you want to pretend 16 is on the same table as 7 go off
FF 16 is my game of the year and I don't see it changing. I'm just saying the drop off isn't good. But I've been saying I expected a decrease in sales with this title as it's definitely alienated some of the franchise. But they still have ways to push it. I just hope Sony sticks with it for the long haul.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
FF 16 is my game of the year and I don't see it changing. I'm just saying the drop off isn't good. But I've been saying I expected a decrease in sales with this title as it's definitely alienated some of the franchise. But they still have ways to push it. I just hope Sony sticks with it for the long haul.
Dude the game brought over 200mil in revenue and there is no way this game cost as much Sony first party games. Plus moved ps5s which is $500 a piece. Only stupid wouldn't stick with it

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
"X game sells a 1mil copies after a year"

Wow so deserved 👏

Fucking weirdos
You realize that a indie or unknow cheap game sells 1 million is indeed good, mo?

For a Franchise that used to sell way more than that it is not.

What are you saying is the same that Xbox fans were happy after Halo 5 sold laugagle 5 million units lol
Franchise sales matter here.

If the next Zelda launch sells less than ToK launch sales it will be the same... a decline in launch sales... you can discuss the reasons but not try to create a narrative that the sales were good.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
You realize that a indie or unknow cheap game sells 1 million is indeed good, mo?

For a Franchise that used to sell way more than that it is not.

What are you saying is the same that Xbox fans were happy after Halo 5 sold laugagle 5 million units lol
Franchise sales matter here.

If the next Zelda launch sells less than ToK launch sales it will be the same... a decline in launch sales... you can discuss the reasons but not try to create a narrative that the sales were good.
What final fantasy sold more than 3mil copies in the first week? You act like ff use to sell 5 6 mil copies. It's an jrpg. My expectation were 2 mil at best

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Wait where besides from Steam does it sell?

Also if I were to be Capcom, I would approch Sony and ask if they want to buy time-exclusive outright for like 20M per game.
Asian specific stores, like for China. This time it isn't on Epic or GoG.

For a Franchise that used to sell way more than that it is not
Game probably close to 4mil if not there already.
SF6 sold over 2M copies in a month, something that 99.999% of the indies don't sell. It's also the first Capcom fighting game ever that achieves it, meaning it's on track to end selling above their best selling ever game (SFV, 7.2M sold until now), pretty likely 10M+ as Capcom estimated.

Many Capcom fighting games sold more than 2M, but not in a month. Capcom's 2nd best launch for a fighting game was SFIV with 2M shipped (not sold, which is the case of SF6) in a month and a half (not in a month, which is the case of SF6).

SF6 reaching 10M sales would mean best selling fighting ever only after MKX (12M+ as of 2019) and MK11 (15M+ as of last year). Thanks to its MP+GaaS+eSpòrts approach SF6 will have legs, we have to remember that SFV has been selling 100-200K copies per quarter almost 7 years after its release.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
ethomaz why have you decided to hone in on Final Fantasy i'm confused. I didn't see you as install base tier FUD spreader.

Anyway, another platform split where PS5 is slaughtering Xbox.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Dude the game brought over 200mil in revenue and there is no way this game cost as much Sony first party games. Plus moved ps5s which is $500 a piece. Only stupid wouldn't stick with it
What is the correlation? Stop quoting my comments with nonsense.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What final fantasy sold more than 3mil copies in the first week? You act like ff use to sell 5 6 mil copies. It's an jrpg. My expectation were 2 mil at best
Split releases without WW launch week
FFVI: 1.55 million Japan launch (no ideia with WW launch)
FFVII: 2.0 million Japan launch (no ideia with WW launch)
FFVIII: 2.5 million Japan launch (no ideia with WW launch)
FFIX: 1.95 million Japan launch (no ideia with WW launch)
FFX: 1.75 million Japan launch (no ideia with WW launch)
FFXII: 1.8 million Japan launch (no ideia with WW launch)

Split releases with WW launch week
FFXIII: > 4.6m
1.5 million Japan launch and after 3 months combined 5 million with WW release (LTD in Japan is 1.9m so you can be sure over 3.1 million was only for WW release that brings it to at minimum 4.6m launch shipment combined)

Worldwide release
FFXV: 5 million
FFVIIR: 3.5 million
FFXVI: 3 million

Probably very few sold less than 3 million at release if you combine WW launch.... most from SNES / NES era.... on PlayStation it probably always sold more than 3 million at launch.

Last edited:
Reactions: sugarbetik

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
ethomaz why have you decided to hone in on Final Fantasy i'm confused. I didn't see you as install base tier FUD spreader.

Anyway, another platform split where PS5 is slaughtering Xbox.
I'm not on Installbase...

I'm a PS fan and FF fan (RPG in general) and I will always stay on facts over narratives or defense control.
BTW I'm playing FFXVI since launch... are you?

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023

I'm a PS fan and FF fan (RPG in general) and I will always stay on facts over narratives or defense control.
Saying you’re a “fan” is irrelevant and doesn’t give you the credibility you think it does from having a terrible take as to what success looks like for this game. Labelling people as “defense control” for calling you out also isn’t helping your case either. You sound more like a disgruntled shareholder with stupidly high expectations than a fan anyway since most fans would be happy that SQ is happy with the sales and leave it there.
Go play it rather than die on this random hill.. seriously though what were your expectations? The only people ranting I’ve seen are folks at IB and reee who don’t have anything better to do since they are not playing it.

• Shake
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022

I too like Street Fighter and find these sales numbers interesting

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Saying you’re a “fan” is irrelevant and doesn’t give you the credibility you think it does from having a terrible take as to what success looks like for this game. Labelling people as “defense control” for calling you out also isn’t helping your case either. You sound more like a disgruntled shareholder with stupidly high expectations than a fan anyway since most fans would be happy that SQ is happy with the sales and leave it there.

Go play it rather than die on this random hill.. seriously though what were your expectations? The only people ranting I’ve seen are folks at IB and reee who don’t have anything better to do since they are not playing it.
That is what I'm saying since start of that thread...
The sales are not good for FFXVI because they show a decline in the franchise and if you love the game or not is irrelevant for that.

You guys are just trying to defense control know facts... if you want really to understand why the sales dropped then disccuss the reason instead to try to create unrealistic narratives.
My comment about if you are playing the game is related to you guys here saying I'm hating the game (or ranting whatever) when in fact I'm playing it daily, it was worth my $70 and I'm likeing it even with the serious flaws... so how can you say I hate the game or I'm in a crusade to doom the game if I'm liking it? It is nonsense because you guys can't accept facts.

I can love a game and I still be realistc to what it sold... it is not my issue if the game sold less than previous entries... I did my part.

Facts are facts and I can't change that... and I don't care what REE or IB thinks about that.
Actual public released numbers are enough to show the franchise declined in launch sales.

Last edited:

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
That is what I'm saying since start of that thread...

The sales are not good for FFXVI because they show a decline in the franchise and if you love the game or not is irrelevant for that.

You guys are just trying to defense control know facts... if you want really to understand why the sales dropped then disccuss the reason instead to try to create unrealistic narratives.

Facts are facts and I can't change that... and I don't care what REE or IB thinks about that.
Decline compared to what? You are comparing apples to oranges. It’s not a disappointment to anyone who didn’t already have a preconceived narrative even before the game came out.

Those people only focus on launch sales and specifically physical sales and nothing else like legs, digital sales and the fact FF fans have a split now thanks to the remake where some are more into the mainline series and some more excited for the remakes.

So with all that in mind launch sales were great and even above expectations for PS5’s install base for this genre especially when some FF fans are split and more excited for FF7R2 or the rumoured FF9R. Calling something declining based on less than a week of data is disingenuous because in the future if SQ announces another sales milestone it would make that argument look even more like a knee-jerk reaction than it is already.

Last edited:
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That doesn't change the sales lol
I mean you are just looking for excuses to not accept the sales are in decline.

Like I said we can discuss the reason but not deny the facts.
But dude, its on a lower install base and at a higher price. Its not like it getting blasted compared to FF15 lol
Personally I wasnt expecting it to be higher seller than FF15 So fast. Once PS5 has more units sold it will sell better. Like your saying future sales

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
So 60% PlayStation, and 40% MS dominated platforms.

SIE should gun for a larger pie and clearly the shrinking Xbox pie becomes harder to crack the more that flee. PC consumer flight is where it's at. Which is why a "go where the customer is" PC policy is doomed to fail and strategically self-defeating and brain dead long term. Change can't come soon enough.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
But dude, its on a lower install base and at a higher price. Its not like it getting blasted compared to FF15 lol
Personally I wasnt expecting it to be higher seller than FF15 So fast. Once PS5 has more units sold it will sell better. Like your saying future sales
PS4 install base at FFXV launch: ~48m
PS5 install base at FFXVI launch: ~40-42m