[UK Sales]Street Fighter 6 sold 52% on PS5, 23% on PC, 17% on Xbox, and 7% on PS4 (Physical + Digital)

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
Comparing final fantasy with pokemon?

Pokemon is rated E ( for everyone) and 16 is M ( Mature)

Man youre a joke

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
Should we compare it to the witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077, and Skyrim?

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Should we compare it to the witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077, and Skyrim?
Yeah

Dont forget to compare the numbers on ps platform only ( if u want to be fair, dont use 3 plus additional pc and xbox numbers vs 1 playstation only cos thats cheating):sneaky:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I'm not sure what are you saying at all.

Lifetime sales won't change launch sales decline... it happened... it is past... and it is imutable... no matter how anybody wish or don't acept them it won't change.
If you want to discuss the reason why that happened I'm all opened for it but to deny in every thread is a bit weird and out of reality.

BTW FFXV shipped 5 million for launch in Nov 29... in early January it had shipped 6 million.... in middle Februarry it was at 7 millon shipped.
That is exactly the opposite of overshipped at launch.
Think a bit about... these claims doesn't make any sense.

Main reason FF16 isn’t selling as well as FF15 is because FF15 was garbage.

FF8 outsold FF7 during the launch window. Why do you think that happened?

Clue is in my first paragraph.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It doesn't make sense to compare FF Japanese retail sales versus pretty much older games because now the majority of the game sales are digital, which wasn't the case at the start of PS4 and even less in PS3 gen or obviously before.

It would make more sense to compare worldwide sales for a certain period of time that could have been announced in a similar range (1st week, 1st month, a certain amount of years) because they include both digital and retail.

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
Final Fantasy has expanded though? What's happened is it's lost a huge chunk of it's Japanese fanbase? But it recouped that by now expanding in the west.

If sales were still as good in Japan we'd be seeing 1.5 - 1.8 million first week sales in Japan ... That's where he decline is, not that the franchise failed to expand.
Japan has only had about 6 months of normal PS5 stock, the pandemic stunted growth. PS5 despite all that is outpacing PS4 sales by a lot and it would have been a completely different story if the shortage caused by the pandemic didn’t happen. But you are right that the franchise isn’t declining.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Japan has only had about 6 months of normal PS5 stock.. the pandemic stunted growth.. nothing to do with the fan base declining.. PS5 despite all that is outpacing PS4 sales by a lot and it would have been a completely different story if the shortage caused by the pandemic didn’t happen.
The fanbase in Japan has declined? Like I said it's Japan sales that has decreased and the West has picked up the slack. It has nothing to do with PS5 stock. The ceiling for the franchise on PS4 was around 1.1 million... On PS3, FF13 sold 1 million copies alone on day one...

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Man im gona repeat this one more time and then im done with you

15 was rated T and released on 2 platform

16 was rated M and released on 1 platform
FFXV PS4 4.5m
FFXVI PS5 3m

Why you keep bringing two platforms? Do you think it makes things better?

D

Deleted member 782

In USA, rated T or M won't make a difference but in Japan lots of players will be shocked at how violent FF16 is and all the swearing. I think they went overboard tbh.
I agree with this, age rating doesn't play a huge role at all in influencing consumers purchasing behavior. Many M-rated games like GTA V, COD, RDR2, Diablo 4, etc. are selling like hot cakes, while games like Knack, Sonic, Sack Boy, Bugsnax, etc. with lower age ratings are flopping really hard on the market.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
FFXV PS4 4.5m
FFXVI PS5 3m

Why you keep bringing two platforms? Do you think it makes things better?
You played yourself on page 1 when you said it won’t change anything if FF16 eventually outsells FF15 which is the opposite of the narrative you are trying to spin that FF is in decline. Not surprised all you can do is laugh at the nonsense you have been spewing for 5 pages.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
In USA, rated T or M won't make a difference but in Japan lots of players will be shocked at how violent FF16 is and all the swearing. I think they went overboard tbh.

I think people are focusing too much on Japan with this whole narrative around FFXVI. SE and other japanese third parties aren’t relying on Japan anymore, if that were the case they’d be going out of business as the only games that stay in the charts are nintendo first party games. Theres really no tide to turn on that and they know it, even 3rd party sales on nintendo hardware aren’t doing great there.

Elden Ring shipped just about a million copies in Japan while reportedly doing 13 million ww. If you can’t capture a global audience you’re dead. Everyone knew the numbers in Japan would be small including SE, and it still outsold the highest selling ps5 game (LTD) by over 3 times the amount (GT7)

Final Fantasy/SE want Sony first party numbers/legs. Ghost of Tsushima is the most obvious example of a good game (that didn’t get super high reviews, 82mc) that got carried through sony marketing and good WOM. It did the lesser numbers in Japan fw than FFXVI and now its over 10m WW.

The games already done over 3 million in sales, probably closer or past 4m now. Theres really no debate here, it will have stronger legs than both 7 remake and XV due to better reviews and the timing of the release.

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
The fanbase in Japan has declined? Like I said it's Japan sales that has decreased and the West has picked up the slack. It has nothing to do with PS5 stock. The ceiling for the franchise on PS4 was around 1.1 million... On PS3, FF13 sold 1 million copies alone on day one...
Too many variables to give a definitive statement at this early stage especially when digital is not tracked and the first couple of years PS5 was impossible to buy. Ghost of Tsushima sold 1 million in Japan so I think FF can get to at-least that again in the future especially if PS5 hardware continues to grow. But anyway I was largely agreeing with you that FF is not declining which is the narrative someone was trying to push based on Japan alone which is nonsensical because the sales are still coming in WW which is what matters most and even Japan is showing good legs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danja1187
D

Deleted member 782

I think people are focusing too much on Japan with this whole narrative around FFXVI. SE and other japanese third parties aren’t relying on Japan anymore, if that were the case they’d be going out of business as the only games that stay in the charts are nintendo first party games. Theres really no tide to turn on that and they know it, even 3rd party sales on nintendo hardware aren’t doing great there.

Elden Ring shipped just about a million copies in Japan while reportedly doing 13 million ww. If you can’t capture a global audience you’re dead. Everyone knew the numbers in Japan would be small including SE, and it still outsold the highest selling ps5 game (LTD) by over 3 times the amount (GT7)

Final Fantasy/SE want Sony first party numbers/legs. Ghost of Tsushima is the most obvious example of a good game (that didn’t get super high reviews, 82mc) that got carried through sony marketing and good WOM. It did the lesser numbers in Japan fw than FFXVI and now its over 10m WW.

The games already done over 3 million in sales, probably closer or past 4m now. Theres really no debate here, it will have stronger legs than both 7 remake and XV due to better reviews and the timing of the release.
Ghost Of Tsushima, despite launching lower than FFXVI, had much better legs right after the launch and reached 600K physical sales milestone at the end. FFXVI, on the other hand, will struggle to reach 450K physical sales with its current sales momentum.

FFXVI currently has worse legs than FFXV and FFVIIR.

Third-party games on the Nintendo Switch are also performing really well in Japan.
1. Momotaro Dentetsu - 3.5m (Physical+Digital)
2. Monster Hunter Rise - 2.8m (Physical sales)
3. Minecraft - 3.1m (Physical sales)
4. Dragon Quest 11S - 803k (Physical sales)
5. Taiko Drum - 743K (Physical sales)
6. Fishing Spirit - 707K (Physical sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You played yourself on page 1 when you said it won’t change anything if FF16 eventually outsells FF15 which is the opposite of the narrative you are trying to spin that FF is in decline. Not surprised all you can do is laugh at the nonsense you have been spewing for 5 pages.
Launch sales are in decline.... there is no way to change that 🤷‍♂️
I have no ideia what you are talking because you don't talk about the sales data you have avaiable but just future wishes of what the game can sell... it is dumb.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: One eyed jacks

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
FFXVI currently has worse legs than FFXV and FFVIIR.

No it doesn’t t has the same drops, without including digital.

1. Momotaro Dentetsu - 3.5m (Physical+Digital)
2. Monster Hunter Rise - 2.8m (Physical sales)
3. Minecraft - 3.1m (Physical sales)
4. Dragon Quest 11S - 803k (Physical sales)
5. Taiko Drum - 743K (Physical sales)
6. Fishing Spirit - 707K (Physical sales)

And you named 6 games over the course of 6 years, the last monster hunter and dragon quest also did well on ps4. Most 3rd party games on nitnendo consoles fall off the charts just as fast as 3rd party games on playstation these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
Launch sales are in decline.... there is no way to change that 🤷‍♂️
I have no ideia what you are talking because you don't talk about the sales data you have avaiable but just future wishes of what the game can sell... it is dumb.
I’ll tell you what’s dumb.. having such a poor argument that you have to backtrack from FF franchise is in decline to “Launch sales” are in decline as if a games sales suddenly become irrelevant after this mysterious launch sales period is over. You are so fixated on it despite the launch sales showing an excellent attach rate for PS5’s WW install base. You keep bringing up Japans install base as if the game only ships to one country which is also equally stupid.

This has been a useful exercise in exposing your agenda that you unsuccessfully wanted to portray that the franchise is in decline when it’s quite the opposite. You want proof? We got FF7R part 2 coming out soon and FF9R rumoured to be coming soon too.. you really think something in decline would be getting projects announced left and right and sell 3 million copies in under a week? Keep digging

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
People are really into pushing the narrative that FFXVI bombed. Imagine how it would've been if it actually turned out to be a bad game and did poorly. Once again we see what PlayStation is going against and what awaits it if they ever slip.