-38Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
-39Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
3940Dark Souls Trilogy

Reactions: Sircaw

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Look at that flopped Forsoken there. Thought it was a failure. Love all those PS games on there.

I also love how you made the thread just to piss on XVI, while posting a list with a lot of PS games on there. Nice try, though.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Hogwarts still doing well, and Forspoken beating Diablo4, FFS Blizzard! 🙁

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Genuinely surprised ff16 is out of the top 40, like thats extremely concerning to me as a fan of the franchise.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Is Forspoken deeply discounted in the UK these days ? And what's the deal with Lego SW ? It's a game with a couple of years on its back and, while it sold quite well, it didn't struck me like an evergreen a la GTAV.. why it's now number one again ?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Is Forspoken deeply discounted in the UK these days ? And what's the deal with Lego SW ? It's a game with a couple of years on its back and, while it sold quite well, it didn't struck me like an evergreen a la GTAV.. why it's now number one again ?

Not really.

50 quid

Reactions: MaxParrish

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
What is it with the obsession with this game? OP signed up here just to shit on the game. That's the only contribution here. Just bait.

Reactions: nongkris
24 Jun 2022
Can't spell 'agenda' without 'sugarbekit'

Unfortunate the game doesn't seem to have legs; I think that disclaimer (and all the talk) of a PC version happening six months later (and Yoshi-P flailing around to clarify that) have damaged early sales because at least some notable chunk assume a PC version is coming January 2024 and can wait for that.

Also think recent competition from Baldur's Gate 3 in particular might be affecting it (a person with a PS5 & PC, and there are a lot of them, might've picked up BG3 for PC rather than FF XVI for PS5 if they had to make a choice), which just goes to show that PC and console do in fact have a large crossover audience (explains why Xbox sales have been struggling since Day 1 on PC for all games, a problem Sony risks repeating without adjustments).

Dunno where the game's sales are at right now...maybe 3.5 million? I don't see PC and Xbox ports adding more than 3 million combined, but I guess that depends on pricing. Really it's a Switch 2 port that might give the game an explosive jolt in sales, and I do think if that system is capable enough, we're going to see more Final Fantasy games on it for sure, like the rumored FF IX remake. Square-Enix aren't going to pass up those potential sales in Japan especially when it seems like Sony is only doing decent (compared to Switch) on hardware there, but abysmal in big software sales in that country (at least with the data we have so far).

Reactions: arvfab and Dabaus

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Well until it gets on a deal. These final fantasy threads remind me of tlous part 2 threads

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Can't spell 'agenda' without 'sugarbekit'

Unfortunate the game doesn't seem to have legs; I think that disclaimer (and all the talk) of a PC version happening six months later (and Yoshi-P flailing around to clarify that) have damaged early sales because at least some notable chunk assume a PC version is coming January 2024 and can wait for that.

Also think recent competition from Baldur's Gate 3 in particular might be affecting it (a person with a PS5 & PC, and there are a lot of them, might've picked up BG3 for PC rather than FF XVI for PS5 if they had to make a choice), which just goes to show that PC and console do in fact have a large crossover audience (explains why Xbox sales have been struggling since Day 1 on PC for all games, a problem Sony risks repeating without adjustments).

Dunno where the game's sales are at right now...maybe 3.5 million? I don't see PC and Xbox ports adding more than 3 million combined, but I guess that depends on pricing. Really it's a Switch 2 port that might give the game an explosive jolt in sales, and I do think if that system is capable enough, we're going to see more Final Fantasy games on it for sure, like the rumored FF IX remake. Square-Enix aren't going to pass up those potential sales in Japan especially when it seems like Sony is only doing decent (compared to Switch) on hardware there, but abysmal in big software sales in that country (at least with the data we have so far).
I do think Yoshi-P running his mouth that the game will show up on PC (Duh) couldve squandered some sales momentum. FF16 released around alot of big games. SF6, Diablo 4, unexpected hit that is Baldur's gate 3. I like what ive played of it so far so i am surprised its not doing better.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I do think Yoshi-P running his mouth that the game will show up on PC (Duh) couldve squandered some sales momentum. FF16 released around alot of big games. SF6, Diablo 4, unexpected hit that is Baldur's gate 3. I like what ive played of it so far so i am surprised its not doing better.
Pc sales won't do shit. This myth needs to die. Ff7 underperformed on pc. Like every other final fantasy

Reactions: JAHGamer

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Pc sales won't do shit. This myth needs to die. Ff7 underperformed on pc. Like every other final fantasy
FF7 isnt a great example of sales potential on pc because it was an epic store exclusive for like a year at least. With that said the brand is very much tied to sony and playstation at this point. So much so its quite frankly shocking sony hasnt made a play for acquisition of SE or significant investment in them to lock it down permanently.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's still selling well on PSN but I wouldn't be surprised if the legs were cut short because of the relentless campaign to sabotage this game sales. I've never seen something like this where the focus is all about calling it a flop. It started before the release and it's still going 2 months later.

Absolutely relentless and never before seen in my memory. Somebody mentioned TLOU2 but it wasn't that bad imo.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
It's still selling well on PSN but I wouldn't be surprised if the legs were cut short because of the relentless campaign to sabotage this game sales. I've never seen something like this where the focus is all about calling it a flop. It started before the release and it's still going 2 months later.

Absolutely relentless and never before seen in my memory. Somebody mentioned TLOU2 but it wasn't that bad imo.
Yes there was a concerted effort day one to downplay FF16 because Microsoft own the western games press and influencers. But i dont think their reach is so far and wide that it could effect the legs and sales of a game, espcially final fantasy on playstation. I think it has something to do with expectations from the wider audience and the game itself.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

Look at the top 40. There is a lot of deals going on. Once the digital is in it will be a different story

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
forspoken is awesome and still has legs and pisses me off that square Enix killed the studio because of some biased internet backlash. Not surprised about final fantasy legs, as it’s a good game but nothing about the bland characters or story is anything to write home about.

Makes all the people begging Sony to acquire square enix look all the more stupid. Their biggest franchise doesn’t seem to be growing in popularity.