UK | Week 32, 2023 | top 40

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Look at that flopped Forsoken there. Thought it was a failure. Love all those PS games on there.

I also love how you made the thread just to piss on XVI, while posting a list with a lot of PS games on there. Nice try, though.
And Saint's Row right below it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Look at the top 40. There is a lot of deals going on. Once the digital is in it will be a different story
TOP10 Physical + Digital in July.

UK GSD July 2023 Top 10 (Digital + Physical)​

PositionTitle
1FIFA 23 (EA)
2Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
3Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
4Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision Blizzard)
5Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – 2009 Edition (Activision Blizzard)
6Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
7F123 (EA)
8Minecraft (Mojang)
9Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – 2022 Edition (Activision Blizzard)
10Diablo 4 (Activision Blizzard)

It's still selling well on PSN but I wouldn't be surprised if the legs were cut short because of the relentless campaign to sabotage this game sales. I've never seen something like this where the focus is all about calling it a flop. It started before the release and it's still going 2 months later.

Absolutely relentless and never before seen in my memory. Somebody mentioned TLOU2 but it wasn't that bad imo.
Really? The issue now is the compirance theories?
Since oficial launch numbers the situation is clear buy you guys keep crying, closing the eyes and calling haters these that see the reality of data showed.

Come back to reality!

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
TOP10 Physical + Digital in July.

UK GSD July 2023 Top 10 (Digital + Physical)​

PositionTitle
1FIFA 23 (EA)
2Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
3Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
4Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision Blizzard)
5Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – 2009 Edition (Activision Blizzard)
6Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
7F123 (EA)
8Minecraft (Mojang)
9Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – 2022 Edition (Activision Blizzard)
10Diablo 4 (Activision Blizzard)

Since oficial launch numbers the situation is clear buy you guys keep crying, closing the eyes and calling haters these that see the reality of data showed.

Come back to reality!
Diablo multi is 10. Get a grip dude. These units not money. Ffxvi still 70

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Diablo multi is 10. Get a grip dude. These units not money. Ffxvi still 70
Yeap... Diablo 4 sales post launch is not being good.
While it launch was on par with Hogwartz... after that Hogwarts showed good legs while Diablo 4 dropped a lot.

Most games this gen are $70... do you think FFXVI drop in sales are due it being $70 and not $60? That is at least new... weird others titles didn't saw that drop.

Last edited:

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Not really.

50 quid
If that price is representative of the genral price in the UK I is indeed not a particular tempting price : games just published can usually be found for around that price

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Come back to reality!
The obsession with the sales of FF16 is not a conspiracy theory. What other game gets multiple 30+ pages threads about sales before and after release? Multiple articles with journalists asking about the sales? Mat NPD and Chris UK harassment about sales? Weekly threads keeping track of the ranking worldwide. Is this a normal occurrence to you?

Even your non-stop talk about it is not typical behavior. Do you do that with every game? There is a huge, enormous spotlight on FF16 sales. It pollutes every conversation about the game. This thread was created by an Install Base reject with the sole intention of talking about FF16. They didn't even bother to write anything else.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The obsession with the sales of FF16 is not a conspiracy theory. What other game gets multiple 30+ pages threads about sales before and after release? Multiple articles with journalists asking about the sales? Mat NPD and Chris UK harassment about sales? Weekly threads keeping track of the ranking worldwide. Is this a normal occurrence to you?

Even your non-stop talk about it is not typical behavior. Do you do that with every game? There is a huge, enormous spotlight on FF16 sales. It pollutes every conversation about the game. This thread was created by an Install Base reject with the sole intention of talking about FF16. They didn't even bother to write anything else.
Definitely astroturfing and that's coming from someone who didn't really like the game. There's definitely an agenda here.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I do think Yoshi-P running his mouth that the game will show up on PC (Duh) couldve squandered some sales momentum. FF16 released around alot of big games. SF6, Diablo 4, unexpected hit that is Baldur's gate 3. I like what ive played of it so far so i am surprised its not doing better.
I don't think so. I think there's just a limited amount of people who wan't an "action focused" Final Fantasy game, as opposed to a traditional more RPG focused style game. That's why Yoshi-P and other SquareEnix members are going on about "What being a Final Fantasy game means to them"...

It's like wondering why Mystic Quest didn't do as well as FF6.. lol

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Definitely astroturfing and that's coming from someone who didn't really like the game. There's definitely an agenda here.
I forgot to add even the Judge at the FTC talked about it on her final report because Phil kept bringing it up 😅

Like no other exclusive in history got this much scrutiny.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Also love how everything is "an agenda" around here. Yep.. conspiracies and campaigns against FF16 to diminish the games sales.... are you guys for real?

The game isn't that god damn good... it's actually quite uninteresting as far as Final Fantasy games go. Bland characters, bland colors... which it tries to compensate for with over the top boss battles.

It's a fine game... but not the amazing hit Playstation fans wanted it to be.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz and Vertigo

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Also love how everything is "an agenda" around here. Yep.. conspiracies and campaigns against FF16 to diminish the games sales.... are you guys for real?
Name other games that gets this much scrutiny about sales. Even multiple members signing up here just to troll about it. Must be easy for you to name me a couple.

Where is Redfall on the charts btw?

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Come back to reality!
I can’t wait to see how silly you look next month for July NPD 🤦‍♂️ you can’t consistently use Takashi Bloomberg as your source and then complain about people “closing their eyes”

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Name other games that gets this much scrutiny about sales. Even multiple members signing up here just to troll about it. Must be easy for you to name me a couple.

Yeah these clowns are annoying. This is why gaming is going down hill, when amazing games/hardware like FF16 and PSVR2 come out they do everything in their power to downplay it and rush to label them as failures. Then when we get less great games/hardware they complain and cry about a lack of effort from companies.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022

Name other 3rd party exclusive games that get hyped by a specific fanbase like PS fans did FF16... Of course there's scrutiny.. Playstation and their fans where hyping this game up and they were specifically pitting it against Starfield, saying it was their "big game" for the summer... So obviously people are going to take great interest in how it does...

Let's not pretend that Sony getting it as an exclusive game isn't going to bring about extra scrutiny from other fanbases... considering that FF13 and FF15 released on Xbox day and date.. Clearly Xbox fans are going to want to attempt to show how releasing the game exclusively for Playstation was a bad move and that the game could have sold more had it released on both platforms. Why would that be a surprise to anyone? PS fans would do the exact same thing.

Who gives a fuck about Redfall? Why even mention that trash like as if I should care about it? lmao

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Yeah these clowns are annoying. This is why gaming is going down hill, when amazing games/hardware like FF16 and PSVR2 come out they do everything in their power to downplay it and rush to label them as failures. Then when we get less great games/hardware they complain and cry about a lack of effort from companies.
God you guys are insane... It's impossible for you to just accept that the game isn't a great Final Fantasy game. That the market for an ACTION BASED Final Fantasy game with almost NO RPG elements in it isn't as big as you hoped... ?

Do you guys seriously think some people on a forum trolling you about this games sales figures is ACTUALLY impacting the games sales? I think it's hilarious that you'd let Xbox fans think they have THAT MUCH power 😄

Reactions: Vertigo

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Clearly Xbox fans are going to want to attempt to show how releasing the game exclusively for Playstation was a bad move and that the game could have sold more had it released on both platforms. Why would that be a surprise to anyone? PS fans would do the exact same thing.

And sold like crap there, yes. You want games, but you won't buy it. So, you can blame yourself only. And you are acting suprised why devs ( Japanese one especially ) are avoiding Xbox. Why porting games to Xbox anyway. You think devs are happy when game barely recoup at least a cost of porting on Xbox? That's not enough for devs.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
And sold like crap there, yes. You want games, but you won't buy it. So, you can blame yourself only. And you are acting suprised why devs ( Japanese one especially ) are avoiding Xbox. Why porting games to Xbox anyway. You think devs are happy when game barely recoup at least a cost of porting on Xbox? That's not enough for devs.
Doesn't matter how it sold. You guys asked why there's scrutiny.. and I'm telling you. Don't talk to me like I game on Xbox ffs... Nobody is surprised that Japanese companies make deals with PS and avoid Xbox... cmon now...

You guys just need to stop acting surprised about how Xbox fans react when games that were once multiplat go exclusive. Let's be real... Sony's been fucking Xbox over for a while now with exclusivity deals.. and it's easy for them because Xbox is in a position of weakness... That's fine. But that comes along with extra scrutiny when those games fail to meet expectations...

Now... is Final Fantasy 16 really a failure? Well only SquareEnix and Sony know that for sure. Why you guys get so worked up over Xbox fans attempting to rub it's perceived failure in your faces is beyond me. This is what I mean about you guys taking this shit way too seriously.. It looks like it ACTUALLY affects you and pisses you guys off... like you're truly invested in Playstation..

Relax and just enjoy your game... Relax knowing that the game did far better on Playstation than it would have on Xbox if it was an Xbox exclusive. Relax knowing that your platform is the primary platform and gets all the games regardless of how well they do. If a Final Fantasy 17 is made... will be on Playstation... and will sell best there... so just chill.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
God you guys are insane... It's impossible for you to just accept that the game isn't a great Final Fantasy game. That the market for an ACTION BASED Final Fantasy game with almost NO RPG elements in it isn't as big as you hoped... ?

Do you guys seriously think some people on a forum trolling you about this games sales figures is ACTUALLY impacting the games sales? I think it's hilarious that you'd let Xbox fans think they have THAT MUCH power 😄
Who the hell was talking about Xbox fans? You children are irrelevant, I’m talking about the gaming community and media in its entirety. Not you casual renters specifically

• haha
Reactions: SLB1904

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Doesn't matter how it sold. You guys asked why there's scrutiny.. and I'm telling you. Don't talk to me like I game on Xbox ffs... Nobody is surprised that Japanese companies make deals with PS and avoid Xbox... cmon now...

You guys just need to stop acting surprised about how Xbox fans react when games that were once multiplat go exclusive. Let's be real... Sony's been fucking Xbox over for a while now with exclusivity deals.. and it's easy for them because Xbox is in a position of weakness... That's fine. But that comes along with extra scrutiny when those games fail to meet expectations...

Now... is Final Fantasy 16 really a failure? Well only SquareEnix and Sony know that for sure. Why you guys get so worked up over Xbox fans attempting to rub it's perceived failure in your faces is beyond me. This is what I mean about you guys taking this shit way too seriously.. It looks like it ACTUALLY affects you and pisses you guys off... like you're truly invested in Playstation..

Relax and just enjoy your game... Relax knowing that the game did far better on Playstation than it would have on Xbox if it was an Xbox exclusive. Relax knowing that your platform is the primary platform and gets all the games regardless of how well they do. If a Final Fantasy 17 is made... will be on Playstation... and will sell best there... so just chill.
The only angry person here seems to be you 🤡

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
How was it

Who the hell was talking about Xbox fans? You children are irrelevant, I’m talking about the gaming community and media in its entirety. Not you casual renters specifically
So you're saying it's not Xbox fans... but the gaming community in general which is shitting on FF16?

Maybe it's just not a great game then 🤷‍♂️