Unconfirmed updates on PS5 Pro

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
FF16 has been missing in action regarding updates for PS5 Pro. I'm quite interested in playing this game on PS5 Pro, but it looks like maybe Square Enix isn't going to revisit it.

What can we expect then? Well the PS5 Pro Boost Mode should help this game tremendously.

FF16 has a quality mode and a performance mode and both modes use DRS.

Unfortunately, quality mode is locked at 30 fps. Square Enix should have a bit more respect for a game in the mainline of Final Fantasy. It should get at least a 40 fps mode like Forspoken.

If not, the best we're going to get is the performance mode locked at 60 with higher resolution but less fidelity. The game is also screaming for PSSR.

Square Enix is focusing on Rebirth, but they should be looking at boosting sales for all of these games. I'm not sure why we aren't holding Square Enix to a higher standard than this. It's literally one of the biggest games they've released in the last decade?

What other games are you looking forward to on PS5 Pro that don't have specific updates confirmed for yet?

OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Where's the Wukong update???

Wukong with base boost mode should be near 60 fps in performance mode. If they go back to it and use PSSR they can probably get fidelity mode in 60 with quality mode rendered internally at a lower native resolution. It would be interesting, but we'll probably have to wait since this studio is small. Game doesn't even support VRR.

Reactions: affrogamer

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Tekken 8 for sure... I am expecting something in late 2024 or some time in 2025 hopefully as Sony has the marketing rights for this game and has a very good relationship with the developers of it so I hope they're working on a PS5 Pro patch for it that will be out soon.

Reactions: The Icon
OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I want a Helldivers 2 graphics mode at 60fps

I wouldn't expect this. I think what's most likely is we see more stable framerates in both performance in quality modes. Locked 30 and locked 60.

At best they go back and do an unlocked mode for quality mode, but I don't know if they have the time to focus on anything else and sub 48 fps, VRR isn't going to help here.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
FF16 has been missing in action regarding updates for PS5 Pro. I'm quite interested in playing this game on PS5 Pro, but it looks like maybe Square Enix isn't going to revisit it.

What can we expect then? Well the PS5 Pro Boost Mode should help this game tremendously.

Unfortunately, quality mode is locked at 30 fps. Square Enix should have a bit more respect for a game in the mainline of Final Fantasy. It should get at least a 40 fps mode like Forspoken.

If not, the best we're going to get is the performance mode locked at 60 with higher resolution but less fidelity. The game is also screaming for PSSR.

Square Enix is focusing on Rebirth, but they should be looking at boosting sales for all of these games. I'm not sure why we aren't holding Square Enix to a higher standard than this. It's literally one of the biggest games they've released in the last decade?

What other games are you looking forward to on PS5 Pro that don't have specific updates confirmed for yet?
They really would miss on PRO PR. It would really help them to push some extra sales.

Unless they don't want to because of Rebirth

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I wish Sdga would do some unlocks for games like Lost Judgement, Yakuza..

Ronin getting update, wish, they would do it with Wo Long too.

Borderlands 3, Wonderlands should do it too, because next year B4 is coming.

OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
They really would miss on PRO PR. It would really help them to push some extra sales.

Unless they don't want to because of Rebirth

It's possible that they don't want Rebirth competing with FF16 and that a FF16 update could come at a later date.

I'm somewhat skeptical of the logic behind that though.

I think Sony could be spreading out updates for the PS5 Pro to better market individual titles, but I think there should have been more Day 1 support for things like PSSR. That said, I'm looking forward to boost mode, not just to see what games are improved, but to see how wide spread DRS and unlocked frame rates have really been this generation in preparation for not only mid gen refreshes but future consoles.

Nearly every game on the market should be able to get a patch to support unlocked framerates this generation as well as VRR and it should be a standard in console games moving forward.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I wish Sdga would do some unlocks for games like Lost Judgement, Yakuza..

Ronin getting update, wish, they would do it with Wo Long too.

Borderlands 3, Wonderlands should do it too, because next year B4 is coming.
There is some kind of boost mode for unpatched games. Not sure tech of these but any dynamic rez or framerate issues can be improved

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Honestly, PS5 games look so good that I can't see the improvements adding much. The 60fps will be a welcome boost but seems as most people play on performance mode, I would have liked to have seen more 120fps options.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
  • fire
Reactions: Boswollox

Stonehorn81

20 Sep 2024

I mean, it was good, I beat it, but it wasn’t what I want from FF. Frankly I was extremely disappointed in the lack of RPG mechanics and the focus on action combat. It rarely felt like FF.

Rebirth, to me, was nearly perfect. I’ll definitely be replaying it on Pro in November (late November if I can score the 30th anniversary edition of the Pro).

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Honestly, PS5 games look so good that I can't see the improvements adding much. The 60fps will be a welcome boost but seems as most people play on performance mode, I would have liked to have seen more 120fps options.
It’s the new games using ue5 or alternative using realtime gi or other taxing effects that are becoming problematic. Low base rez, poor iq with low grade uprez. This will become more common as the years progress.

The pro will make it palatable.

OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I mean, it was good, I beat it, but it wasn’t what I want from FF. Frankly I was extremely disappointed in the lack of RPG mechanics and the focus on action combat. It rarely felt like FF.

Rebirth, to me, was nearly perfect. I’ll definitely be replaying it on Pro in November (late November if I can score the 30th anniversary edition of the Pro).

That's a primary reason I haven't played it.

I would consider giving it a shot with some enhancements, but I'm quite miffed that Square Enix hasn't given us a traditional turn based AAA JRPG in over a decade...

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
It’s the new games using ue5 or alternative using realtime gi or other taxing effects that are becoming problematic. Low base rez, poor iq with low grade uprez. This will become more common as the years progress.

The pro will make it palatable.
Consoles chasing high end graphics will put them in the grave.
PS5 doesn't need better looking games, they already look amazing. What's the next step?