Unconfirmed updates on PS5 Pro

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Bit dramatic don’t you think?
Not at all.
Switch is selling like hotcakes. Third parties are looking forward to the switch 2 more than PS6 or Xbox whatever. High end GPU sales on PC continue to decline. AMD announced they will refocus their Pc efforts to affordable mid-powered cards.

The signs are there.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Not at all.
Switch is selling like hotcakes.

WAS

Third parties are looking forward to the switch 2 more than PS6 or Xbox whatever. High end GPU sales on PC continue to decline. AMD announced they will refocus their Pc efforts to affordable mid-powered cards.

The signs are there.

Mid ranged cards will be vastly more powerful than a Switch 2 GPU. Also, Miyamoto yesterday saying that Switch 2 won't chase high end graphics literally confirmed Switch 2 GPU won't be so much powerful for a handheld. So, basically a GPU power at Xbone/PS4 level.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Yeah, it's seven years old. It's still selling better than Xbox.
Mid ranged cards will be vastly more powerful than a Switch 2 GPU. Also, Miyamoto yesterday saying that Switch 2 won't chase high end graphics literally confirmed Switch 2 GPU won't be so much powerful for a handheld. So, basically a GPU power at Xbone/PS4 level.
Thanks for proving my point.

Switch 2 will continue the low-mid tier power for a handheld. Switch 1 still ran some advanced games, even if they were 'optimised' to shit. But it proves that graphics, as always, matter little vs gameplay.

PS5 games look incredible. Ratched looks like a movie, horizon looks like a real, living world. Do we need moar powah? It's time Devs parked the lofty Res expectations, focused on physics, destruction and making games fun.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Yeah, it's seven years old. It's still selling better than Xbox.

Selling better than Xbox is really low metric. But Switch is at the end of its lifecycle so, of course sales are crap

Thanks for proving my point.

Switch 2 will continue the low-mid tier power for a handheld. Switch 1 still ran some advanced games, even if they were 'optimised' to shit. But it proves that graphics, as always, matter little vs gameplay.

PS5 games look incredible. Ratched looks like a movie, horizon looks like a real, living world. Do we need moar powah?

Didn't proved. Switch 2 even wouldn't be low mid tier power for handheld. You can bet it that big AA/AAA games will avoid Switch 2 just like it happened for Switch this gen. The further development of GPU technology follows the development of graphics and vice versa. And Switch 2 isn't there and won't be there. PS6 will be. But don't worry, Switch 2 will be gold mine for indies, same as Switch.

It's time Devs parked the lofty Res expectations, focused on physics, destruction and making games fun.

And games with modern and advanced graphics can have that too, yes. I mean, i loved the Control with advanced physics and destruction. It is soooo fun.

Last edited: