Unpopular Opinion - Insomniac is Wasting their Talents

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
After Wolverine, Id like them to make a new IP.
But Id also love to see an Xmen game from them. And theres bound to be a Spiderman 3 and Wolverine 2

They had there shot with Sunshine game. Spiderman has put them on the map big time

Reactions: JAHGamer

8BiTw0LF

This thread would'nt exist if Naughty Dog released something this gen - just something.

Sony need Insomniac to make blockbusters for the whole family - and they're masters at it. Wolverine will be their first 18+ game since Resistance. Let them have fun with it and shout at all the other studios, who should've released something besides remasters this gen.

Reactions: JAHGamer

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Maybe. But they found their niche and let them cook. Bunch of their games werent recognised or were flops.
I loved resistance so much and d love one day R4. But untill they get bored wirh marvel i doubt they ll touch other stuff.

Also if they ever make resistance or new ip, sony need to give them same marketing push. Spider man d sell but marketing s pushing it a lot in terms of sales.

Numero

29 Jul 2023
Insomniac is churning out high quality games for Sony at an absolutely unbelievable rate. Games are top notch, I am not arguing that, but I sure would love them to step away from the childish themes of Ratchet and Clank and Spiderman. I am more than down to play these types of games, enjoy them greatly in the variety of games I play, but these types of games will never be my absolute favorite, and I really would love to see what Insomniac could do with a fully mature world and narrative, ala TLoU.
They tried a mature take with the Resistance trilogy. Not bad, I loved the first game, but it didn't set the world on fire. They actually tried different things and new ips, they even tried both the multiplatform road and even a microsoft partnership. Many people likes to say that they are wasted working on spiderman but the truth is that they never were commercially successful and soon or later business reality would have had their head