Unreal Engine 5 Demo - Dissection

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

@VFX_Veteran what's your take on this? Would love your opinion.

My 2 cents - It's looks fabulous, but the animations seem very "canned".
It is very hard to see any details with the youtube compression but one thing that stands out to me that I really like is the heavy use of ambient occlusion. It's sorely needed in games today. I know it's expensive, but it's a necessary evil. FPS is really good (seems to be 60FPS). I'd have to have the game in front of me to really eval it. The other thing I notice is that their normal maps don't seem high enough for my liking. The tree detail fades away pretty rapidly with distance. BUT I do love that the foliage has very good occlusion.

• brain
Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It is very hard to see any details with the youtube compression but one thing that stands out to me that I really like is the heavy use of ambient occlusion. It's sorely needed in games today. I know it's expensive, but it's a necessary evil. FPS is really good (seems to be 60FPS). I'd have to have the game in front of me to really eval it. The other thing I notice is that their normal maps don't seem high enough for my liking. The tree detail fades away pretty rapidly with distance. BUT I do love that the foliage has very good occlusion.

Cheers! I really hope this is a decent game and has some nice PVE mode, would love to play with me mates.