Updated with ign/nxgamer tech review Spoilers!! Spider-Man 2 On PS5 Is A True Next-Gen Masterpiece with DF Tech Review and eurogamer article. .

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
For game like baldurs gate 3 its ok to sacrifice fps for higher fidelity graphics

But for spiderman 2 youre gona need that fixed 60 fps locked

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
So what you're saying is the waySpider-Man is flying through the air, swinging from buildings, and then landing on an overpass at full speed, just doesn't quite look realistic to you.

🤔

No I said something about the momentum looks off with regards to what I expect from a game not reality

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Nixxes must be crying themselves to sleep knowing they have to adapt this game to run on a potato PC.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Game looks great! I am a little disappointed that they couldn't manage more RT features outside of reflections. In any case, Insomniac does great work so glad to see their latest iteration being a great experience.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Game looks great! I am a little disappointed that they couldn't manage more RT features outside of reflections. In any case, Insomniac does great work so glad to see their latest iteration being a great experience.
Thing of beauty.

Reactions: Frozone

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I, too, am often disappointed by my perception of fake-ass physics.
To be fair the guy is slinging his spiderweb through the city in all angles at blazing speed.

Sometimes he "hangs" lower than he is only to be pushed up or sideways, he passes through trees, etc. this is all to make the game more playable (or easier).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
To be fair the guy is slinging his spiderweb through the city in all angles at blazing speed.

Sometimes he "hangs" lower than he is only to be pushed up or sideways, he passes through trees, etc. this is all to make the game more playable (or easier).
It’s like the people who bitch about Ellie being invisible to enemies in The Last of Us. The dev team at Naughty Dog have even explained that they did test things in a more realistic way, with enemies being able to see Ellie, and it sucked all the fun out of the game because that turned every combat encounter into babysitting.

The LAST thing anyone really wants in a Spider-Man game is totally realistic physics for web-swinging, and anyone bitching about “It BrEaKs MuH iMmErShUnZ” is just sperging out and making an ass of themselves.

Video games are escapism, and total realism is the enemy of fun.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I, too, am often disappointed by my perception of fake-ass physics.

This is a lovely dance. I want the swinging to be faster and transition smoothly with fight, and some clips had me a bit worried.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Before I jump in, I'm wondering how many hours do you need to play to really know how good this game is? and how many mods do I need to play the game as intended? One last question, how many menus do I need to learn when I want to get somewhere?

It’s like the people who bitch about Ellie being invisible to enemies in The Last of Us. The dev team at Naughty Dog have even explained that they did test things in a more realistic way, with enemies being able to see Ellie, and it sucked all the fun out of the game because that turned every combat encounter into babysitting.

The LAST thing anyone really wants in a Spider-Man game is totally realistic physics for web-swinging, and anyone bitching about “It BrEaKs MuH iMmErShUnZ” is just sperging out and making an ass of themselves.

Video games are escapism, and total realism is the enemy of fun.
Well, if the other characters were visible to ennemies during stealth in TLoU (and other games that have side characters... which is all of them these days)... it would be pretty obvious how bad they were, I prefer sidekicks that are like the Gradius options, they catch bullets, help shoot... but never get in the way!.. oh yes, you still can't walk through them.