Updated with ign/nxgamer tech review Spoilers!! Spider-Man 2 On PS5 Is A True Next-Gen Masterpiece with DF Tech Review and eurogamer article. .

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Game looks great! I am a little disappointed that they couldn't manage more RT features outside of reflections. In any case, Insomniac does great work so glad to see their latest iteration being a great experience.
You‘re disappointed that a console with 10TF’s and limited AMD ray tracing cores couldn’t get more Ray Tracing features? Lol Show me another open world game on console, or on your preferred platform that is doing this.

• fire
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
You‘re disappointed that a console with 10TF’s and limited AMD ray tracing cores couldn’t get more Ray Tracing features? Lol Show me another open world game on console, or on your preferred platform that is doing this.
Well, if we only have reflections to look forward to for the rest of this generation then it's a sad state of affairs.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Well, if we only have reflections to look forward to for the rest of this generation then it's a sad state of affairs.
Bro it's baby steps and Spiderman looks phenomenol just like the first one did. How much do you expect from 500 consoles? This isn't a $800 plus computer.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Bro it's baby steps and Spiderman looks phenomenol just like the first one did. How much do you expect from 500 consoles? This isn't a $800 plus computer.

An 800 dollar computer can't pull the level of RT this game can. Hell, my graphics card can't, and it's both more powerful and cost more than my ps5.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
An 800 dollar computer can't pull the level of RT this game can. Hell, my graphics card can't, and it's both more powerful and cost more than my ps5.
Yeah I figured, I was just being conservative with my amount but I Def hear you. Consoles do alot for the price. We are lucky.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah I figured, I was just being conservative with my amount but I Def hear you. Consoles do alot for the price. We are lucky.

Imo you need around 1.5 to 2k to pull the visuals this game pulls with the same framerate etc. And you have to go Nvidia.

• Surprised
Reactions: Gamernyc78

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Not sure you joking or not.

A RTX 4060 is around 300 USD and it can run Cyberpunk Overdrive at 60FPS 1080p with a few tweaks

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

A RTX 4060 is around 300 USD and it can run Cyberpunk Overdrive at 60FPS 1080p with a few tweaks
spiderman 2 performance mode goes up to 1440p though, you're looking at a 4070 for that

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

Different resolution targets, different regions (pricing, I don't live in the US), etc. But regardless, even if you cut the budget to 1k, you have to pay double of the console price to run the same level of RT or thereabouts. You also have to deal with putting that PC together yourself (I don't mind, I always do that.)

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

If only a graphics card was the only thing you needed. It makes no sense just to mention one part of the equation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
If only a graphics card was the only thing you needed. It makes no sense just to mention one part of the equation.
Oh, but didn’t you know you can just have a friend GIVE you his old stuff when he upgrades, and all you need to buy is that one part? /s

PC gamers are hilarious that way. Out of one side of their mouths, PC is the greatest because of the high-end gear, but it’s also a deal because you can buy cheap parts and almost get the same performance as a console, if you have unlimited free time to tweak and troubleshoot.

PC gamers and Xbots tie their whole personal identity into what they play games on in an emotionally immature and often pathetic way, and they just CANNOT abide their platform/god of choice being shown to be less than they have pushed it to be.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oh, but didn’t you know you can just have a friend GIVE you his old stuff when he upgrades, and all you need to buy is that one part? /s

PC gamers are hilarious that way. Out of one side of their mouths, PC is the greatest because of the high-end gear, but it’s also a deal because you can buy cheap parts and almost get the same performance as a console, if you have unlimited free time to tweak and troubleshoot.

PC gamers and Xbots tie their whole personal identity into what they play games on in an emotionally immature and often pathetic way, and they just CANNOT abide their platform/god of choice being shown to be less than they have pushed it to be.
Yeah a free SSD, ram, disc drive, etc lol