Valorant Console Open Beta is now available on consoles

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I've seen gameplay videos and it definitely doesn't look as good as Concord but I will always give a game a fair try once I'm able to. The narrative this game is interesting though since it and Concord are aiming for the same crowd but only one is being crucified
Concord has been crucified for its terrible character design. But like I always said it looks great in every other area

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz and voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Concord has been crucified for its terrible character design. But like I always said it looks great in every other area
The fact the game is getting washed all because of the designs is so wild to me, when it does pretty much everything better than it's competition. Concord feels like a game that took a long time to make for sure, it feels polished and quality.

24 Jun 2022
I've seen gameplay videos and it definitely doesn't look as good as Concord but I will always give a game a fair try once I'm able to. The narrative this game is interesting though since it and Concord are aiming for the same crowd but only one is being crucified

Well one has generally good to quite good character designs (VALORANT), the other has generally poor character designs (Concord).

Also VALORANT already has rapport & cache from the PC space that benefits it on console; Concord is an entirely new IP with no pre-existing fanbase to draw off from.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well one has generally good to quite good character designs (VALORANT), the other has generally poor character designs (Concord).

Also VALORANT already has rapport & cache from the PC space that benefits it on console; Concord is an entirely new IP with no pre-existing fanbase to draw off from.
Crazy that character designs is more important than the act gameplay and fun factor but people also don't wanna pay for games anymore while demanding more and more

24 Jun 2022
Crazy that character designs is more important than the act gameplay and fun factor but people also don't wanna pay for games anymore while demanding more and more

I agree with your second part, but you're underplaying the importance of appealing character designs for any game in general. Certainly a genre like hero shooters. When people are spoiled for choice, you gotta give as strong a first impression as possible.

Concord doesn't give a strong first impression at all, i.e what you see before you even consider playing the game. Because those character designs are just more or less, quite generic.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
League > DOTA

DOTA stinks

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Dont worry. When Sony’s next game is a stunner, the usual media and anti ps fans will say looks and graphics dont matter, cinematic games suck blah blah, its all about gameplay.

Then a game like Rise of Ronin comes out and shills say its Assassins Creed with PS2 graphics, while gameplay and combat is on another level compared to most western open world games.

And the same real PS fans who are hating on Concord, wont care about how unattractive Mary Jane is…. Or Alloy. Or how Spiderman and Horizon does “woke”….. Right now, the PS fans/ Gaas haters will use there reasons to try and cancel or make a Gaas game fail. And Anti PS media and fans will join in as usual.

PS anti Gaas/MP fans are just siding with the same people who never make sense because its the closest link to what they dont want= cancel Gaas/MP games.

Conversation I had with a friend recently

Friend: “Concord characters have pronouns, is that really needed? This woke stuff is out of hand.

Me: Didnt you buy and spend hundreds of hours in Overwatch where there are pronouns and trans characters. Where their sexual preference is on display every 5 minutes?

Friend: Yeah but thats different. Concord looks ugly and generic.

Me: ……You play Fornite. This doesnt look generic to you?

The majority of Video game fans are just a tribal mind that wants to be right.

And they normally want to side with the people they think are cool/friends or a majority. Or side with what their social mentality is.
“Me and my friends against the Woke machine” is just another form of a karen now to me. Imagine if they used all this efford to cancel Overwatch 1. Or against Spiderman woke crap….

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Friend: “Concord characters have pronouns, is that really needed? This woke stuff is out of hand.

Me: Didnt you buy and spend hundreds of hours in Overwatch where there are pronouns and trans characters. Where their sexual preference is on display every 5 minutes?
This isn't true at all tho lmao, OW has never had a trans character, there are no pronouns, but they did just get a "non binary" character a few months ago....after 8 years.... This is a really bad false equivalency. If you like Concord, that's fine, but no need to be disingenuous.

Also the issue isn't just that Concord characters are generic, they're also EXTREMELY HIDEOUS! And downright offensive. Fortnite might be a bit generic but it still has its own distinct look and it looks FINE.

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This isn't true at all tho lmao, OW has never had a trans character, there are no pronouns, but they did just get a "non binary" character a few months ago....after 8 years.... This is a really bad false equivalency. If you like Concord, that's fine, but no need to be disingenuous.

Also the issue isn't just that Concord characters are generic, they're also EXTREMELY HIDEOUS! And downright offensive. Fortnite might be a bit generic but it still has its own distinct look and it looks FINE.
Not sure what OW you are talking about but…
  • Tracer
  • Soldier: 76
  • Lifeweaver
  • Pharah
  • Baptiste
  • Venture (this is the new one you are taling)
All are LGBTQ+.

BTW Tracer is lesbian and Emily is her girlfriend.
Soldier: 76 is gay (ex-boyfriend Vincent).
Lifeweaver is pansexual.
Pharah is lesbian.
Baptiste is bisexual.
Venture uses they/them pronouns.

All that is in the game if you played it.

• they're_right_you_know

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Not sure what OW you are talking about but…
  • Tracer
  • Soldier: 76
  • Lifeweaver
  • Pharah
  • Baptiste
  • Venture (this is the new one you are taling)
All are LGBTQ+.

BTW Tracer and Emily are girlfriends.
Soldier: 76 has a ex-boyfriend (Vicent).
Lifeweaver is pansexual.

All that is in the game if you played it.
WHERE in my comment did I say no one is lgbtq?? You always make things up I never said, the comment I responded to said transgender, there are no transgender characters, that's a fact and your response is completely irrelevant. You guys are being very disingenuous just to defend a garbage game

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
WHERE in my comment did I say no one is lgbtq?? You always make things up I never said, the comment I responded to said transgender, there are no transgender characters, that's a fact and your response is completely irrelevant. You guys are being very disingenuous just to defend a garbage game
So your reply missed the point lol

I only defend great games… I have no ideia why you hate games that are that good to play 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
next time READ before attacking people 🤦‍♂️
?
You didn’t understood yet? lol
You quote a post talking to his friend that
Overwatch has a lot of sexual preferences and you says trans is not there (when they announced a trans in March including use of pronouns) ignoring everything else lol
Your reply misses what the guy said.

But let’s play your game…

Which character in Concord is trans, gay, lesbian, etc? Tell me.

PS. Valorant has trans characters too… maybe you will start to hate it too.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
?
You didn’t understood yet? lol
You quote a post talking to his friend that
Overwatch has a lot of sexual preferences and you says trans is not there (when they announced a trans in March including use of pronouns) ignoring everything else lol
Your reply misses what the guy said.

But let’s play your game…

Which character in Concord is trans, gay, lesbian, etc? Tell me.

PS. Valorant has trans characters too… maybe you will start to hate it too.
don't move the goalpost, I never made a single claim, I was just debunking a lie. Then you responded to that with useless info just to defend a trash game, get out of here boy

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz