Visions of Mana not coming to gamepass as previously believed.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Update:

Visions of Mana not coming to Game Pass, Xbox confirms​

visions-of-mana-(6).jpg

Microsoft seems to have an earlier link for Visions of Mana store page coming to Game Pass:

Code:
<title data-react-helmet="true">Visions of Mana Game: Coming Soon to Console &amp; Game Pass | Xbox</title>
<meta data-react-helmet="true" name="description" content="Rejuvenate the flow of power in Visions of Mana, coming soon to Xbox Series X|S and Game Pass. Travel to the Tree of Mana in this action RPG."/>

Source

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Square is starting to kill their sales like Sega and rely on MS to make money.

All these publishers are so fucking dumb.

Oh, look. Square pulling a Sega. Like we said might happen.
Exactly but they didn't want to hear it. They think Square will be loyal to Sony forever 🤐

Reactions: JAHGamer and Puff

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
So is this where the doomposting begins again?One currently coming game, not their whole franchise you guys need to stay out of the forums if you can't handle news like this and freak out about every little thing a publisher does with Microsoft.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I told you, it's just the beginning
FF14 launching on Xbox this spring, then FF7R, FF16 and Visions all Game Pass Day 1.

The rest release parity with Playstation, no more exclusives on PS. Marketing with Xbox. Same as Sega. All the signs are there.

Reactions: Puff

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I just wish we would find out how much MS is paying these Japanese publishers for them to bother with Xbox.

I fear MS isn't actually paying them very much and they just want to make some money on Xbox since their games don't sell there. Most of these companies only think short term and devaluing their product is not something they care much about.

Truth is if you care about any of these games the odds of you not having a PlayStation or at least a PC is close to zero, MS doesn't seem to get it.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I just wish we would find out how much MS is paying these Japanese publishers for them to bother with Xbox.

I fear MS isn't actually paying them very much and they just want to make some money on Xbox since their games don't sell there. Most of these companies only think short term and devaluing their product is not something they care much about.

I have the opposite view.
Ports are cheap to make, the real barrier to doing them is more related to institutional will and/or technical know how.
MS is probably overpaying by a decent amount compared to the actual metrics due to their current standing in Japan but also their lack of Japanese titles compared in general.
I would not be surprised if these deals are lucrative. Ultimately though, I have no fucking idea 🤷‍♂️

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Ports are cheap to make, the real barrier to doing them is more related to institutional will and/or technical know how.
MS is probably overpaying by a decent amount compared to the actual metrics due to their current standing in Japan but also their lack of Japanese titles compared in general.
I would not be surprised if these deals are lucrative. Ultimately though, I have no fucking idea 🤷‍♂️
Including the game on Gamepass tanks the value on PlayStation as well, that is the cost I'm talking about. Look at Persona 3 Remake for example, it would be a much bigger deal if it wasn't MS handling the marketing and it being on Gamepass.

Metaphor: ReFantazio is another good example, it has zero hype behind it despite being made by the Persona 5 team because they got together with Xbox to promote it.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Like the Sony PC strategy, the actual porting cost is very cheap but it's not about that cost. That's not the reason why some people are against it.

I'm sure Xbox is paying the porting job but Sega lost many more benefits by marketing their franchises with Xbox exclusively and launching on Game Pass. It devalues the brand, the hype and the sales.

Visions looked awesome and I was going to get it. Not anymore. Same for Yakuza, Persona and the rest Square will give them.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Persona 3 remakes performance will be interesting. A game with PlayStation history marketed exclusively with Xbox. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people didn’t even know the remake existed because of it. Is the p3 remake on gamepass?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Of course it is. All their games are on Game Pass besides Like A Dragon 8 that came out this week. It will come soon to GP tho, give it 4-6 months.
I think Sony should be giving more attention to gran blue fantasy, if anything just to take attention off of persona 3. I think marketing tekken8 and gran blue hard would be a good counter balance. With all of this said, the way Xbox is going the past 3 weeks,they may not even be making a console.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Persona 3 remakes performance will be interesting. A game with PlayStation history marketed exclusively with Xbox. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people didn’t even know the remake existed because of it. Is the p3 remake on gamepass?
Pretty much all of the previews for persona 3 reload is really good. It will sell a lot despite game pass. You got PC and ps5 users who will buy this like hot cakes. Persona is the best jrpg franchise imo

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Just give me Rebirth and the final part of the Trilogy? And Square can self destruct for all I care.

• sad

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Pretty much all of the previews for persona 3 reload is really good. It will sell a lot despite game pass. You got PC and ps5 users who will buy this like hot cakes. Persona is the best jrpg franchise imo
"Like hot cakes" ... You'll be in for a rude awakening when you see the PS5 sales.

• they're_right_you_know

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Better to get some MS than waiting Xbox owner to buy the game.

I don’t blame Square for that… they are being smart.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I wonder if Square is classifying VoM as a "small title" and dumping it as part of their pivot to big titles. They dedicated one of their production units to Mana and this game is the result. Upon conception, at least, it was intended to be a big deal. In Japan, at least, Switch 2 might save it half a year after release but I think Square will have moved people on by that point.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
So is this where the doomposting begins again?One currently coming game, not their whole franchise you guys need to stay out of the forums if you can't handle news like this and freak out about every little thing a publisher does with Microsoft.
It's like clockwork. Also reddit mentions that things like this have happened for games that didn't actually get a Gamepass release.

Seems like a couple of posters only make these threads because they like watching the forum freak out over little things.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge