We reached out to Bethesda in order to ask if Marvel’s Blade is an Xbox console exclusive and the company declined to comment"

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
MS probably still trying to convince Disney to make the game exclusive.

Season 1 Please GIF

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Shouldn't of shown it off if Xbox isnt done negotiating the contract. Just created a shit show because of the uncertainty. People are talking more about what platform it's on then the actually ip.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
There's no fucking way they are "still negotiating the contract with Disney".

You think they are actively working on a game with a licensed Disney IP, announced it to the whole world, but HAVEN'T WORKED THE DETAILS?

Come on guys.

They don't want to tell us, and we're all free to make up our minds what that entails.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
All jokes aside, I don't even think MS knows what platform this will be on by the time it comes out. Series X might not even be an option by then. This game is way too early.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Disney knows how good exclusive AAA 3rd Party games do sell on PlayStation. I could see timed-exclusivity. It could launch a couple of years later on PS. But I really doubt if Microsoft will have next Gen another Xbox. It’s currently very early in development, so means this game could be probably be ready in 4-5 years, when also PlayStation 6 launches. You heard Phil Spencer, in 2027 they could exit console business if they don’t reach their targets. Not my words, Phil said so. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it's possible that they still may not have decided it. Maybe they only signed to get the IP and the only thing they have made is this CG and a powerpoint until now.

Disney knows how well Marvel games work in PlayStation, so I think they may not want to leave the game outside PS.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I know what happened.

Bethesda was in dire need of money so they approached Sony to buy some of their flop studios. Sony was interested in Arkane Lyon, they made a deal for Deathloop and gave them Blade as a "test" then MS bought Bethesda and now we're stuck in this mess.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I think it's possible that they still may not have decided it. Maybe they only signed to get the IP and the only thing they have made is this CG and a powerpoint until now.

Disney knows how well Marvel games work in PlayStation, so I think they may not want to leave the game outside PS.
One would expect that to be the case. But MS has more then enough money to cover that cost if they buy exclusivity for it. Not that anyone is expecting them to eat that cost but they definitely could.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
One would expect that to be the case. But MS has more then enough money to cover that cost if they buy exclusivity for it. Not that anyone is expecting them to eat that cost but they definitely could.
Yes. The thing is, in case MS would want to do this, would Disney prefer MS's money or would prefer to force bringing the game to a wider audience and still get the same amount of money or maybe even more and on top of that to get more brand recognition and prestige?

I think that in case of Disney, if the game is a turd like Redfall they'd get the money from MS. But if ends being good as a Dishonored or Spider-Man (not sure if Arkane and MS could achieve it now) then would be better to give it to an audience as big as possible.

The problem for them is that very likely they'll have to decide its console exclusivity now, before they start working in the game. So obviously having no idea about what quality is going to have.

Reactions: reziel