We'll hear "much more" about The Last of Us multiplayer spin-off this year

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
This... "year"? It's only fucking March now!

This sonofabitch MP has missed: being separated into its own MP game like Infamous First Light and several others. Then this actual MP sequel game has missed: TLOU days, TLOU2 launch, PS5 launch, TLOU PS5 Remake launch, RV show start, TV show season 1 end.

What are they doing over there, sniffing their fingers after dropping anchor in poo bay? Can we just please get this game out ffs?

Wait: June to hear about it... Does that mean it'll actually release this year still?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This... "year"? It's only fucking March now!

This sonofabitch MP has missed: being separated into its own MP game like Infamous First Light and several others. Then this actual MP sequel game has missed: TLOU days, TLOU2 launch, PS5 launch, TLOU PS5 Remake launch, RV show start, TV show season 1 end.

What are they doing over there, sniffing their fingers after dropping anchor in poo bay? Can we just please get this game out ffs?

Wait: June to hear about it... Does that mean it'll actually release this year still?
Haha damn I'm hype too and anxious but your mini meltdown had me laughing.

Bro it's going to be 🔥 this is Naughty God's and it bodes well they are putting in time on this. This shit is going to melt retinas in regards to mp games and be jam packed with modes and features. I cant wait too..

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I'm tired of it. I dont know if the fault is Sony or ND, but both seem pretty up their own ass with other crap and not focusing where they need to, historically.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I've been chilled out for like 10 years. Sony dropping the ball hard for far too long.

Because its taking them 3 years to make a massive multiplayer game?

The Office Reaction GIF

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Because its taking them 3 years to make a massive multiplayer game?

The Office Reaction GIF
Missing important milestones along the way, poor communication (look at our concept art!). And wtf they still gotta build? They have the gameplay engine from TLOU1 or 2, and they have pvp setup from Factions 1. They had rudimentary infected vs cpu enemy logic since 2013's Left Behind DLC had them attack the David's group/hunters in the shopping mall.

A game like Scavengers - pvp with roaming infected on the map as I understand it - should have been a game play mode within Factions. "oh shit, the other team let the bloater out, we're fucked". Just like if you threw an encroaching ring of spores around Survivor game mode, in my eyes you're 80% of the way to your own Battle Royal mode, with some updating/tweaking. We're talking 2013-ish, before GAAS took hold fully. Sony should have been at the forefront of both BR/GAAS. And everything like TLOU TV show now should have been realised like 5 years earlier.

Ffs I wish there was a go between device between phone touchscreen and laptop for real typing/easy post formatting out in the world. Gonna have to get my old Surface Pro out I think sometimes, but use on my lap on the bus? Eh....

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Lol we don't get no fancy bus tables where I am. Sometimes on a train, but they're about a rare aw the drinks/sweets trolley wench that comes round. Don't think I've seen one of them for like 15 years either now that I think about it lol.

You guy'll probably get a few ranty posts in here, then like a summery/refinement post later when I'm home/stoned/and hopefully in a better mood.

Fucking Sony/ND/Druckman... Where's Shia LaBeouf when you need him? JUST. DO. IT!

Reactions: Kokoloko

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Your CONCERN is noted.
It's not concern trolling? I'm genuinely annoyed.
When I can get home and cross reference some dates and stuff, as well as type lots properly, I can make the point(s) much better.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
To be honest they need to take as long as possible on this title because they have basically one shot to get it right. They've seen how many GaaS games have flopped right out of the gate or within 3-6 months. They need to make sure the pipeline and roadmap is completely solid and enough stuff to probably cover at least the first year of dlc/seasonal content. Also they need to launch AS POLISHED AS POSSIBLE, if they launch day one on PC like I know they will, any fucking stuttering in the game and you'll instantly lose half your day 1 sales and at least 20% of your steam ratings.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
It's not concern trolling? I'm genuinely annoyed.
When I can get home and cross reference some dates and stuff, as well as type lots properly, I can make the point(s) much better.
Well they literally said they will reveal the game rhus year. Once they announce it and go radio silent then you can complain

Reactions: Gamernyc78