We’re over halfway through the year, where is Xbox?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I keep hearing about how this is a slow year for sony and how its the last year of nintendo but both platforms has been consistently releasing games both first and 2nd party stuff throughout the first 6 months of the year.

When are we going to start seeing all these games from Xbox? It’s almost true that a lot of gamers are satisfied on hype alone because since the showcase almost no one is questioning where the actual games are and when most of them are going to receive release dates.

Shattered space - no date
Avowed - no date
Indiana Jones - no date

I’m not even sure what else they are publishing but is anything coming relatively soon? It seems like one of those things where they release a couple games around november/december and then claimed they won the year like in 2021, while the rest of the industry is currently going through hell due to the lack of major releases.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
"slow year for sony"
FF7 rebirth, Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Concord, Astrobot, Silent Hill 2. 4/7 already released.
also getting a free time-exclusive with wukong. not to mention the only console that has gotten ZZZ

"insane year for xbox"
Hellblade 2, Indiana Jones, Avowed 1/3 released. There is a chance that they get delayed to q1 2025 but MS is trying to save face. Odd how were inching towards fall but no dates?

has nintendo even released anything of relevance since mario wonder? As far as consoles go, sony is leaving their competition in the dust in terms of software ( something they have always done since ps1)

IMO this is hands down the best year for ps5 thus far.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
When are we going to start seeing all these games from Xbox? It’s almost true that a lot of gamers are satisfied on hype alone because since the showcase almost no one is questioning where the actual games are and when most of them are going to receive release dates.
Gamers glazing that show is crazy to me. Most of that showcase was games the announced 4+ years ago and they STILL have no release dates.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Gamers glazing that show is crazy to me. Most of that showcase was games the announced 4+ years ago and they STILL have no release dates.

I think its just the fact that everytime the xbox brand feels at its lowest and expectations are rock bottom, they do just enough to climb back out of the hole by doing what they’re supposed to do. Like you said, those games were all announced years ago and a lot of trailers still feel very vertical slice-y.

26 Nov 2023

It will never not amuse me how people rushed to social media to scream about Xbox winning “not-E3” when they just showed games they announced years ago. There’s a lot of gaslighting happening with Xbox that if don’t believe that things are crazy for Xbox you’re delusional. But hey I’m about as delusional as Xbox fans who talked up Hellblade being Xbox’s God of War

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I honestly do want to know when the next first party games are coming from xbox.

It seems weird that the media isn’t really talking about it and the narrative is still “dry sony year” when sony have two first party games launching in the next two months

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
2 Jun 2024
most that Xbox showcase was were third party games that people will just get on PlayStation and just announcements with no concrete releases Xbox dropped to next to no games in 2024 hellblade 2 was a dud compared to the first game and they want to say Sony is dry

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
What do you mean? They had the best gaming showcase of the year, Hellblade graphics are true next gen, and that 20 minute Starfield DLC was amazing 🔥😎

Just Kidding Whatever GIF by Team USA

• haha
Reactions: samoth

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I honestly think Sony's fall is going to surpirse people by the family friendly approach they are taking. I feel honestly if Astrobot, Lego horizon do well. Your going to see more spin off titles using their IP's.

Which is good. Because getting into Sony's brand of titles is what they want. They want to get your kids hooked on Lego titles featureing their characters. Then they beg mom and dad to buy them a PS5 for grown up horizon, or astrobot, or Frotnite.

Imagine a cool kids mario party title on switch with all Playstation characters? It's smart.

But it will take time to build that connection with customers not on your platform. ANd you do that through these type of titles. I keep going back to Mario Rabbids. They use mario's branding to build up the Rabbids titles. Rabbids had their success on wii as type of exclusive kid title.

Then when sales/interest dried they partnered with Nintendo and made a mario title with rabbids.

I expect Sly cooper, ratchet, among others to maybe have some kind of spin off directed at capturing kids.

They may use Nintendo to do it honestly.

Reactions: voke

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Personally, I believe that they want to make sure that they have the release dates set in stone before announcing them and EA hasn't dated Dragon Age which Microsoft has the marketing for so im sure that plays a factor into announcing release dates for Avowed, Indiana Jones and the Starfield expansion.

Reactions: Puff

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Microsoft literally announced their entire lineup for this generation and people think it’s amazing.

Reality is nothing shown will shift the tides towards Xbox.

Only Starfield had potential and failed. The only other games are Elders Scrolls and Fallout which aren’t coming this generation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: samoth and voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Microsoft literally announced their entire lineup for this generation and people think it’s amazing.

Reality is nothing shown will shift the tides towards Xbox.

Only Starfield had potential and failed. The only other games are Elders Scrolls and Fallout which aren’t coming this generation.
lol never even thought of it like this, they practically dumped everything they had planned in 2020.

Everwild won't come out this generation, MS was out here announcing next gen games back before this gen got started.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Not even xbox guy but this spinal dude is wafling

Last xbox show blow playstation state of play

At this point im concerned about sony lack of presence

• haha
Reactions: samoth
2 Jun 2024
Not even xbox guy but this spinal dude is wafling

Last xbox show blow playstation state of play

At this point im concerned about sony lack of presence
where's Xbox presence now hellblade 2 was a fart in the wind just more announcements to wait for and no drops

Ico

8 May 2024
its joever for xbox, game wise it seems nintendo will be the developer of the year again with sony following behind closely with their deals with other studios like square enix and shift up