We’re over halfway through the year, where is Xbox?

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Can we play a showcase?
Yo last time they showed gears e day, perfect dark, indiana jones, fable, expedition 33, stalker, avowed etc thats a pretty stacked list

I know some of those might appear on playstation due to project lattitude but holy shit isnt this the wake up call playstation need for hermen hulst and friend cos i only got astrobot on my future playstation game list

• haha
Reactions: samoth

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
What do you mean OP , They are "COOKING"

200.gif

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Yo last time they showed gears e day, perfect dark, indiana jones, fable, expedition 33, stalker, avowed etc thats a pretty stacked list

When are those games releasing? Thats what the thread is about, we aren’t talking about trailers

I know trailers and showcases make for great online discussion but im a gamer first

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

I know some of those might appear on playstation due to project lattitude but holy shit isnt this the wake up call playstation need for hermen hulst and friend cos i only got astrobot on my future playstation game list
You don't know when any of these games are coming out except for stalker.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Stacked showcase, not Xbox this year, yes.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I honestly do want to know when the next first party games are coming from xbox.

It seems weird that the media isn’t really talking about it and the narrative is still “dry sony year” when sony have two first party games launching in the next two months
They will say Call of Duty, Doom and Fallout76/Starfield DLC. I personally don't count any of these games as Xbox first-party. Same whenever Minecraft releases something. This is not Xbox.

Most people didn't count Destiny 2 The Final Shape as a Sony release and it was super well-received and popular. Double standard.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024

Microsoft's roadmap consists of 21 announced games while Sony's roadmap consists of 9 announced games even though that should increase in September. Microsoft has three games and one expansion dated for the last four months of 2024 -

- Age of Mythology Retold on September 6th
- Diablo IV: The Vessel of Hatred expansion on October 8th
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 on October 25th
- Flight Simulator 2024 on November 19th

With three games and one expansion awaiting their release date -

- Avowed
- Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
- Starfield: Shattered Space expansion
- Towerborne

Sony has two games dated for August/September -

- Concord on August 20th
- Astro Bot on September 6th

With one game awaiting it's release date -

- Lego Horizon Adventures

Sony already released Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, MLB The Show 24 and Stellar Blade along with the Destiny 2 expansion a few weeks ago. Microsoft already released Hellblade 2 and the Fallout 76 expansion a few weeks ago. Total as of now is 4 games/1 expansion for Sony and 1 game/1 expansion for Microsoft. Barring delays, the yearly total will be 7 games/1 expansion for Sony and 7 games/3 expansions for Microsoft.

Basically, both will be tied with Sony being first half heavy and Microsoft being second half heavy which shouldn't be all that much of a surprise as Microsoft is always second half focused while Sony more times than not is first half focused.

Personally, it all works out great for me. Played and completed Ronin/Blade in the first half of the year with Astro Bot in early September on the Sony side while I await Avowed, Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Indiana Jones and Towerborne on the Microsoft side for the second half of the year along with two expansions for Starfield and Diablo IV.

Overall, 8 of my 20 game list for 2024 will consist of Microsoft/Sony published games and this excludes expansions. As a whole, this will be the best game output I have ever had in a single year from both Microsoft/Sony in the same year.

I'm definitely someone that has no issues with the games released or releasing this year on either side. My far bigger issue will be in late August when I have 10+ games for the rest of the year excluding expansions and have to figure out the order in which im playing them all. But to each their own.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Microsoft's roadmap consists of 21 announced games while Sony's roadmap consists of 9 announced games even though that should increase in September. Microsoft has three games and one expansion dated for the last four months of 2024 -

With three games and one expansion awaiting their release date -

- Avowed
- Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
- Starfield: Shattered Space expansion
- Towerborne

Sony has two games dated for August/September -

- Concord on August 20th
- Astro Bot on September 6th

With one game awaiting it's release date -

- Lego Horizon Adventures

Sony already released Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, MLB The Show 24 and Stellar Blade along with the Destiny 2 expansion a few weeks ago. Microsoft already released Hellblade 2 and the Fallout 76 expansion a few weeks ago. Total as of now is 4 games/1 expansion for Sony and 1 game/1 expansion for Microsoft. Barring delays, the yearly total will be 7 games/1 expansion for Sony and 7 games/3 expansions for Microsoft.

Basically, both will be tied with Sony being first half heavy and Microsoft being second half heavy which shouldn't be all that much of a surprise as Microsoft is always second half focused while Sony more times than not is first half focused.

Personally, it all works out great for me. Played and completed Ronin/Blade in the first half of the year with Astro Bot in early September on the Sony side while I await Avowed, Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Indiana Jones and Towerborne on the Microsoft side for the second half of the year along with two expansions for Starfield and Diablo IV.

Overall, 8 of my 20 game list for 2024 will consist of Microsoft/Sony published games and this excludes expansions. As a whole, this will be the best game output I have ever had in a single year from both Microsoft/Sony in the same year.

I'm definitely someone that has no issues with the games released or releasing this year on either side. My far bigger issue will be in late August when I have 10+ games for the rest of the year excluding expansions and have to figure out the order in which im playing them all. But to each their own.

Until Dawn remake is also schedule this year

Reactions: peter42O

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Microsoft Roadmap = Diablo, COD, Bethesda 🤣

Exactly as I said. Using Activision, Xbox, Blizzard and Bethesda (4 publishers) in list wars against Sony (1 publisher) LMAO 🤣

Reactions: samoth

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Microsoft Roadmap = Diablo, COD, Bethesda 🤣

Exactly as I said. Using Activision, Xbox, Blizzard and Bethesda (4 publishers) in list wars against Sony (1 publisher) LMAO 🤣

None of them are independent like they once were and are now owned and operated by Microsoft which makes it ONE publisher. It simply doesn't matter what they once were.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023

Perfect Dark was first announced 6 years ago last gen and we still dont have gameplay, India Jones is 1st person (makes me want to barf) expedition 33 is coming to PS5, Stalker is coming to PS5, and Avowed looks less promising each time it's shown. Its supposedly a short rpg well under 30 hours, hard pass. Fable's protagonist is very unappealing going to pass on that too. There were no exclusives at Xbox showcase that looked promising from a gameplay perspective.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Hey now, you're pulling a fast one here. The question isn't about Microsoft, its about Xbox. Its not like the answer is hard either, they had Pal World as a timed console exclusive in January (I think?) and then Avowed and Indy later this year, with dates being fluid to avoid bigger games. A light year, but far better than some of their previous ones.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Hey now, you're pulling a fast one here. The question isn't about Microsoft, its about Xbox. Its not like the answer is hard either, they had Pal World as a timed console exclusive in January (I think?) and then Avowed and Indy later this year, with dates being fluid to avoid bigger games. A light year, but far better than some of their previous ones.

He can correct me if im wrong but im pretty certain that Spinal is talking about Microsoft's published games when he says Xbox. Yeah, Pal World released first on Xbox but I didn't include it just like I didn't include Rebirth and others since they're not published by Microsoft/Sony so it evens out.

A light first half of the year but heavy second half which isn't a surprise since that's what Microsoft does most of the time.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

You care more about announcements, I care more about releases and in terms of releases PS has had the best year so far, it’s not even close. If you think otherwise, then idk what to tell you. Also. You only caring about Astro is a You problem.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
You care more about announcements, I care more about releases and in terms of releases PS has had the best year so far, it’s not even close. If you think otherwise, then idk what to tell you. Also. You only caring about Astro is a You problem.
There was a poll here awhile ago

About who got the better show xbox or ps5 this year, and xbox won by significant margin

So im not the only one thinking the same thing

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
There was a poll here awhile ago

About who got the better show xbox or ps5 this year, and xbox won by significant margin

So im not the only one thinking the same thing
Yeah I would agree on the show part. Xbox definitely put together a better video segment for the summer.

But releases and reality also matter.

He can correct me if im wrong but im pretty certain that Spinal is talking about Microsoft's published games when he says Xbox. Yeah, Pal World released first on Xbox but I didn't include it just like I didn't include Rebirth and others since they're not published by Microsoft/Sony so it evens out.

A light first half of the year but heavy second half which isn't a surprise since that's what Microsoft does most of the time.
Speaking of reality, what exactly are you talking about here? MS hardly even releases video games over the last 10+ years.