ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Horizon Zero Dawn 3
GT8
Team Asobi platformer
Sony London new IP
Spiderman 3 (cause Insomniac does what they want)

Lol what? They've taken 2-3 years between each new title, but now it's going to take Team Asobi 7 years to release a new game? Or rather 9 years to release a full title, considering Astro's Playroom is little more than a tech demo?

For fucks' sake...

• they're_right_you_know
  • haha
Reactions: Kokoloko and EDMIX

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I intentionally put out The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 because they are not matter to the poster. He make post shitting on some other AA Japanese games so why does this matter to him?

Where did I say they don't matter to me?

EDMIX

Lol what? They've taken 2-3 years between each new title, but now it's going to take Team Asobi 7 years to release a new game? Or rather 9 years to release a full title, considering Astro's Playroom is little more than a tech demo?

For fucks' sake...

lol its a loose timeline, I merely included that cause I forgot they were working on a game. I don't mean LITERALLY exactly that is how everything will unfold or something...

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Insomniac is either crunching or they have the shit down to a science so well that they can work on multiple AAA at once and launch 1 per year.
They got that Ratchet and Clank money.
Joking aside, insomniac typically makes platformers, they are easier to make than the open world games the rest of sie are working on now.
There is no secret, Insomniac has enough people to develop 3-4 AAA games at the same times, while most other AAA studios only had enough people to develop only 1 AAA game at the same time. That allowed Insomniac to release games more frequently than the other studios.

Jimbo decided to highly increase the manpower of all their other studios to allow them work in more games at the same time in a Insomniac way, so in the future they'll be able to release games more frequently.

That is the reason of why XDEV is working on way more games than ever before, why SSM, ND, Guerrilla, Firesprite or Bungie are working on multiple projects at the same time while they didn't do it in the past. Or why XDEV, or specifically their Japanese team (the former Japan Studio 2nd party team, now in charge of the SIE 2nd party games developed in the whole Asia) are working on way more games at the same they ever did before.

And yet, fuck all to show except... GaaS.

His username should be "parrot"
Seems we have another flatearther who rejects reality and says that the nonGaaS games don't exist or aren't shown. Sure, the Spider-Man 2 previews we saw yesterday never happened. Rift Apart, TLOU and Returnal weren't released on PC a few months ago. Games like Death Stranding 2 or the China and India Hero Projects never were shown and games like Stellar Blade or Convallaria aren't announced for this year.

And well, let's act also as if for some reason they wouldn't also to strategically spread them in their release calendar and marketing slots with 2nd or 3rd party exclusives or big 3rd parties and indies with marketing deals. Most of them non-GaaS btw.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
There is no secret, Insomniac has enough people to develop 3-4 AAA games at the same times, while most other AAA studios only had enough people to develop only 1 AAA game at the same time. That allowed Insomniac to release games more frequently than the other studios.

Jimbo decided to highly increase the manpower of all their other studios to allow them work in more games at the same time in a Insomniac way, so in the future they'll be able to release games more frequently.

That is the reason of why XDEV is working on way more games than ever before, why SSM, ND, Guerrilla, Firesprite or Bungie are working on multiple projects at the same time while they didn't do it in the past. Or why XDEV, or specifically their Japanese team (the former Japan Studio 2nd party team, now in charge of the SIE 2nd party games developed in the whole Asia) are working on way more games at the same they ever did before.

Seems we have another flatearther who rejects reality and says that the nonGaaS games don't exist or aren't shown. Sure, the Spider-Man 2 previews we saw yesterday never happened. Rift Apart, TLOU and Returnal weren't released on PC a few months ago. Games like Death Stranding 2 or the China and India Hero Projects never were shown and games like Stellar Blade or Convallaria aren't announced for this year.

And well, let's act also as if for some reason they wouldn't also to strategically spread them in their release calendar and marketing slots with 2nd or 3rd party exclusives or big 3rd parties and indies with marketing deals. Most of them non-GaaS btw.

Shhh, quiet

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
All I see on Naughty Dog Twitter timeline are PC patches after patches. What a way to go.
That's all they are working on, 873 of them, all working on patches and a few sub contractors are archiving the code and assets of their failed GaaS game.

When TLoU PC is patched to their satisfaction they're all going to walk out then Neil Drukmann will shut the lights off for good, the studio is and always was a failure.

• haha
Reactions: EDMIX

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
That's all they are working on, 873 of them, all working on patches and a few sub contractors are archiving the code and assets of their failed GaaS game.

When TLoU PC is patched to their satisfaction they're all going to walk out then Neil Drukmann will shut the lights off for good, the studio is and always was a failure.
I appreciate the sarcasm, it’s well considered. But perception is also a valuable pillar of good will.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Arc

5 Sep 2023
It's sad that almost all major 1st party PS studios will only release one game for this generation. No wonder Shawn Layden call this unsustainable.

Most of them just released a big game. Triple A games take 4-6 years and hundreds of employees.

I agree. I keep pushing for the return of the mid-tier game. I don’t think the games that push the edge of technology should go anywhere, but I’d love to see other devs be able to put out great, riskier games without worrying so much about returns, and to do so multiple times a generation.

Sensible, fun bets that are 50 million budget and well under, instead 100 or 200 million which is just scarily unsustainable as the sole source of games for the hobby.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
you have to understand that without it the Xbox brand wouldn't have any online presence.
Funny because in my country, it is war between Sony PS and PC, and sometimes Nintendo takes misfires because of it, since Nintendo is so popular and has their own niche people don't care.

Huh duh you bought this PC for 200000 to run worse than a 70000 box that run Harry Potters game better.

Huh duh PC players get left over while PS players play new FF.

Huh duh biohazard 4 looks like shit on PS, PC for the wins.

Huh duh loook at handheld retards playing Pokemon at sub 20FPS.

Also Shitbox is used more as a shield for PC players.

Also PS warriors get absolutely shitted on by Jimbo ports that they kinda get clowned on by PC players, thanks Jimbo.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Making GAAS while depending on select third parties for single player games. Meanwhile MS is buying out the industry one publisher at a time while sony bean counters allow them to buy garage band start up studios.
Microsoft is buying garbage. Also ps has more triple A game’s in development and more new ip in development than Xbox despite having less studios. Every other new Xbox game coming is a remake, sequel or a clone of some other game. PlayStation was selective in its purchases Xbox went for best value acquisition now they’re stuck with a lot of garbage.
Outer worlds is just pretty off brand starfield, avowed off brand elder scrolls, clock work revolution off brand bioshock, ear history untold is off brand age of empires, ghost wire is getting a sequel and it flopped, the last dishonored flopped and is also getting a sequel, another doom, a James Bond game no one cares about, another co-op shooter that just sounds like redfall with fantasy elements, Indiana jones ( who the Fck ask for this), perfect dark reboot stick in development hell, sod3 stuck in development hell, ever wild development hell, contraband another co-op shooter in development hell, gears6, es6 yrs away and will look like sht just like starfield, cod still everywhere, overwatch on life support, diablo 4 player count dropping and another game probably not expect till next gen. After spending 80billion the Xbox line up looks like sht.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's been odd, 3 years into the gen without naughty dog. Suckerpunch too. Hopefully we hear from them soon.
Id be complaining less if GOW R, GT7 And Horizon 2 were PS5 exclusive, like Returnal and Ratchet and Clank

Reactions: EDMIX

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I feel you but I think these games being cross gen is fine. never has a game being "next gen only" ever made the game better for me. I think all of those games set out to do what they needed to perfectly.
I think they could of stretched for better performances if was PS5 only. When I heard Persona 5 was PS3/PS4 I knew it minimises the potential.
But I mostly say it would be better because it would of been nice if PS5 had more exclusives. It literally has Demons Souls, everything else is either cross gen or multiplatform. Something Sony has never done before

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I think they could of stretched for better performances if was PS5 only. When I heard Persona 5 was PS3/PS4 I knew it minimises the potential.
But I mostly say it would be better because it would of been nice if PS5 had more exclusives. It literally has Demons Souls, everything else is either cross gen or multiplatform. Something Sony has never done before
I think that the way console generations overlapped this time and the similitude between PS4/5 make it more viable than in previous generations.

This is not like a game made for PS5 would look completely alien to someone coming from PS4. None of the PS5 only games I have played so far made me feel like I was in a completely different universe, sure there is the odd thing here and there that would have made it unpractical to make the game for PS4.

Things that have annoyed me in the cross gen area are the way fast travel is still handled, especially in GoW Ragnarok, they load that tree place and have the travel portal pop-up then load again. They should have found a way to make it more direct on the PS5 version.

So far the PS5 has been more like a PS4 pro pro kind of thing, and I honestly don't care too much.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
But did it minimize the potential? It was a top 3 game for me that year despite it being a ps3 game. For example, Killzone Shadowfall was a very "next gen" looking and feeling game at launch. Despite that it was one of the mom unmemorable games I ever bought from Sony.