What Are You Playing Right Now?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Just about to start up the Last of us 2, lets see what all the fuss is about.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Finished Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition a few days ago and Ys Origin yesterday. Loved both of them. Now I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero

Reactions: TubzGaming

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
1. Playing Monster Hunter Rise on ps5, I don't like it as much as world but it is still a very good Monster Hunter game, it is very fast paced and the enemy variety is great. Hyped for Sunbreak.

2. Playing the Remaster of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, I don't like the additional changes the final mix version bought or the new cutscenes that ruin the context and mystery of the original. I also don't like the heartless recolours and the new camera controls. Other than that i am having a blast, this was one of my favourite games as a child.

Red2Radio

Icon Extra
13 Mar 2023
Germany
Because of a PlayStation Stars reward, I started playing "A Space for the Unbound". Love the pixel look and the story after chapter 1 is very intriguing. A lot of mysteries to uncover, I hope it will have a good resolution. Looking forward to playing more of it!

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Because of a PlayStation Stars reward, I started playing "A Space for the Unbound". Love the pixel look and the story after chapter 1 is very intriguing. A lot of mysteries to uncover, I hope it will have a good resolution. Looking forward to playing more of it!
Checked out the Pixel look at yer it's pretty nice, not sure about all those CATS though

Also don't forget to check out the most import thread on this forum.

Reactions: Red2Radio

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Finally beat Ryza 3 after 125ish hours. Maybe a review incoming. Spoiler, 7.5/10, wait for sale unless you really like atelier games. Might go back to platinum it

Reactions: Gamernyc78

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Finished of ghost wire tokyo, game had potential but the insanely tedious side acitivites killed it for me. What's worse is if you don't do some of these side activies like the spirit collecting which gives you a decent amount of XP, you don't get enough unlockable skills to make the dull combat a bit more enjoyable.

Now playing RE4 Remake.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Beat The Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero. Great game, looking forward to Azure and picking up Reverie in July. Still playing Xenoblade 2. I've beaten it before but I don't remember much past the first several hours. I tried Torna and it looks great but I wanna replay 2 first. I'm starting Ys: Memories of Celceta tomorrow as well

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Beat Forged In Shadow Torch. 8/10, very nice level design, deep combat system, janky localization. Would recommend anyone who likes sidescrolling beat-em-ups and metroidvanias to take a look. Honestly pretty underrated.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Red2Radio

Icon Extra
13 Mar 2023
Germany
I've recently got Nun Massacre on sale and that might be the most tense and scary game I've ever played. Got the good ending and am now trying for the normal ending. I've become a bit obsessed with the dev Puppet Combo, I hope more of their games get a console release.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Finished of ghost wire tokyo, game had potential but the insanely tedious side acitivites killed it for me. What's worse is if you don't do some of these side activies like the spirit collecting which gives you a decent amount of XP, you don't get enough unlockable skills to make the dull combat a bit more enjoyable.

Now playing RE4 Remake.

Damn, I still have Ghostwire in my backlog...at least I know what to expect.

I'm playing Star Wars Jedi Survivor. Enjoying it but the powers are pretty tame, I really thought they would lean into a variety of powers and give you a choice of being fully light side or more of a grey jedi.... alas!

Story is decent so far though.

Performance is as it says in the many articles... very bad in performance.

Combat seems very slow and cumbersome, lots of input lag. Not at all as slick as something like GOW or even Elden Ring.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Damn, I still have Ghostwire in my backlog...at least I know what to expect.

I'm playing Star Wars Jedi Survivor. Enjoying it but the powers are pretty tame, I really thought they would lean into a variety of powers and give you a choice of being fully light side or more of a grey jedi.... alas!

Story is decent so far though.

Performance is as it says in the many articles... very bad in performance.

Combat seems very slow and cumbersome, lots of input lag. Not at all as slick as something like GOW or even Elden Ring.
Oh that’s disappointing on Jedi

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Oh that’s disappointing on Jedi

Well, after so many great Star Wars games... Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Force Unleashed etc..... it just feels a bit shallow, especially given the deep lore they can pull from.

But yeah, the combat is not the best IMO.

I'll give my full thoughts when I finish.

Reactions: Shmunter

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Finally picked up hades on ps5 on sale and taking a stab at it. So far it's pretty decent, curse of the dead gods which was on ps+ a while ago is pretty similar mechanically.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Rolled credits on Hades, will keep playing for the epilogue. Probably won't stick around for the plat since that looks extremely grindy though.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Finished off burning shores, kinda disappointed tbh. Technically it was great, but didn't really find the story that interesting other then bits linking to the next game right at the end. Gameplay was always good, but none of the new skills was anything to write home about.

Now onto callisto protocol.

Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Playing Sakuna: of rice and ruin right now. It's on ps+ extra and been on my wishlist for like 2 years, this is the game that really made me break down and upgrade.

The game is awesome. It has a really cool leveling system. Besides having dated graphics and a bit of janky controls (which actually are fine) I love it. Haven't beaten it yet but I know it's going to be at least an 8.5 from me, depending on how the endgame is it could be a 9.

Gonna be buying the game and possibly doubledipping on pc.

*edit* Platinumed the game, first platinum in a while. Gonna stick with an 8.5 final score.

Story - 6/10: nothing too special, lighthearted enough but ends fine. Writing is nothing spectacular but does its job. Standard story of a spoiled goddess growing up and becoming someone respectable.

Gameplay - 11/10: probably the most fun I've had in a game in a long time. You wouldn't think a farming sim crossed with sidescrolling beat-em-up would work as well as it does, but it fucking does. Chaining combos and using your raiment skills to air juggle multiple times on multiple enemies is fun as fuck, and the leveling system is one of the coolest ideas I've encountered in games. You grow rice, and the better you make your rice, the stronger you get. Leveling doesn't happen from fighting enemies, but fighting enemies can give you drop items that help you make fertilizer for your rice. It's up to you to fine tune your yearly harvest. The gameplay loop kept me coming back for more even after I beat the game. That's probably the highest praise I can give it because there are plenty of games that I beat and thought were pretty good but never gave me the urge to return to them.

Music - 7/10: Nothing too inspired, but pretty decent.

Graphics - 6.5/10: It's a switch game. Nothing more needs to be said.

Voice Acting/Characters - 8/10: I thought everyone did a good job.

Last edited: