What Are You Playing Right Now?

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Guilty Gear Strive, got my yo-yo character back and finally enjoying the game

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
The Last of Us Part II - very good game. Don't know if I 'enjoy' it (it's a bunch of miserable losers trying to kill each other), but it's entertaining and well made. I'm on Abby Day 1. When I beat this I'll move onto Ghostwire Tokyo

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - probably the best Crash game since Warped, I got it for free off PS+. Very colorful and fun, quite challenging too.

God of War Ascension - This was the "bad" God of War?? I'm enjoying it a lot, I think I'm about halfway through. I have beaten all the God of War games except this and III Remastered, I want to get them done before Ragnarok comes out. Graphics are amazing

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS3 Trilogy) - I got into R&C with 2016 and Rift Apart, now I'm playing the old ones. It holds up very well on the HD Collection, nice graphics and good gameplay.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Jumping onto Assassins Creed Odyssey after very much enjoying Origins recently. Have had these games since launch, but only with the 60fps could I muster up the desire.

Some immediate positive changes in Odyssey, dialogue options giving more agency to how much depth you want to go into while conversing. But the big one which open world has been crying out for is that Exploration mode is the default way to play the game. You no longer get an objective marker on your map - you get a description, Abandoned house on the west side of island xyz….and off you go. Brilliant.

Only at the beginning, hopefully the game continues to delight.
Quoting myself…

Made further progress in Odyssee. Sadly it’s not as good as Origins. It’s far to dense and busy, diluting the sense of wonder and immersion that Origins brought to the table. Reminds me of the disparity between Farcry 2 and the sequels.

The faster combat too feels more floaty and less connected, crunchy, something is not as good here.

🧐

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Quoting myself…

Made further progress in Odyssee. Sadly it’s not as good as Origins. It’s far to dense and busy, diluting the sense of wonder and immersion that Origins brought to the table. Reminds me of the disparity between Farcry 2 and the sequels.

The faster combat too feels more floaty and less connected, crunchy, something is not as good here.

🧐
That's a shame, I just got Odyssey, haven't played it yet though

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Beat ch4 of xenoblade chronicles 3. Also started cyberpunk 2077 on ps5. It was on sale so I decided to check it out. So far it's been pretty awesome. Also still plugging away at Monark. That game has started to become a real drag,but I've put so much time in it, I just want to beat it already.

Update: I gave up on getting the final ending of monark. The grinding and difficulty finally wore me down. I've changed my opinion toward the game, don't get it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Quoting myself…

🧐
Yeah, i didn't like odyssey as much as orgins either. Whatever you do, don't get valhalla. That one is even worse.

P

peter42O

Finally put some hours into Sword and Fairy. About 5 to be exact. Around the 3 hour mark, the game finally picked up story and character wise. I do wish that the game had American dubbing especially since even at extra large subtitles, they blend in with the game and you can't always make out what is being said. Other than that, the UI text needs to be enlarged. Seeing the main quest objective under the mini-map is so damn small. Other than those two issues, im enjoying the game thus far. Have done every side quest that popped up. World is beautiful but the pop-in is bad during cut scenes or when the camera pans around or zooms in/out. During gameplay, not as bad but still noticeable. Enjoying the gameplay/combat.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I let my anger cool down and gave Monark another shot. Used a different strategy and was finally able to beat it. My criticisms toward the game's length and grind are still there, but now that I'm no longer in a pissy mood, I can overall say I still liked the game, but it has issues.

P

peter42O

Dropped Sword and Fairy. Just not grabbing me to where I want to keep playing it and playing 6-8 hours of Xuan Yuan Sword VII beforehand was a bad idea. Just waiting for the Cyberheist expansion for The Ascent this Thursday and will probably buy Saints Row next week. With Evil West getting delayed from September 20th to November 22nd, the only new game release I have that im all in on is Steel Rising on September 8th. After that will be A Plague Tale Requiem.

Slow and shitty year for me. Too long of a gap between major games I wanted to play and like February, October 18th to December 2nd is packed with 5 games in 7 weeks for me. At this point, would prefer Gotham Knights and Evil West to get delayed to 2023. 2021 was better for me in regards to having shorter gaps in between new releases.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
 Finished The Last of Us Part II and God of War Ascension. I'm also on the last world of Crash Bandicoot 4 - not going for the 106%. Thought all three were good games.

Dropped Ghostwire Tokyo, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Spiderman. I'm going to finish Ratchet & Clank Going Commando and start Spyro Reignited Trilogy, specifically Spyro 2 (already beat 1)

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
 Finished The Last of Us Part II and God of War Ascension. I'm also on the last world of Crash Bandicoot 4 - not going for the 106%. Thought all three were good games.

Dropped Ghostwire Tokyo, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Spiderman. I'm going to finish Ratchet & Clank Going Commando and start Spyro Reignited Trilogy, specifically Spyro 2 (already beat 1)
God of War Ascension On ps3?

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
God of War Ascension On ps3?
Yeah man. I hadn't beaten it before. Graphics were amazing. Enjoyed some of the locales. Puzzles were pretty standard god of war. At least they tried mixing it up with the heal/decay thing, and the kratos double. I still need to finish God of War III Remastered and then I've beaten all of them including the psp games

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Yeah man. I hadn't beaten it before. Graphics were amazing. Enjoyed some of the locales. Puzzles were pretty standard god of war. At least they tried mixing it up with the heal/decay thing, and the kratos double. I still need to finish God of War III Remastered and then I've beaten all of them including the psp games
Nice one! 👍🏻

yewles1

21 Jun 2022
Indianapolis, IN, USA
PSN ID
yewyew1
I keep telling people that Ascension is underrated, also best PS3 visuals.

Reactions: SSfox

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
I keep telling people that Ascension is underrated, also best PS3 visuals.
As I was going through it, I started to think the story was getting a little weak, but otherwise it was a perfectly good game. Too bad I missed the multiplayer