What do you think Bluepoint is working on?

What do you think Bluepoint is working on?

• Demon's Souls 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demon's Souls Sixth Archstone DLC

• Demon's Souls PC Port w/Nixxes

• The Last Guardian

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Given that they're likely working on at least 2 projects, I'm giving the option to select two choices.

It's been 4 years since they released a game and assuming they're not releasing a game within the next couple of months, it's going to be five years. While they did assist with God of War Ragnarok, this will be the biggest gap in their history between principal releases.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
9bK2g7C.png

They're working on an original IP.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
We know Bluepoint's "own game" doesn't exist, they are a support team and they don't have the team needed to handle their own AAA team.

I assume they are working as a support team on SSM's next new -or 'original', as you prefer- game (which I assume it will be a new IP).

Last edited:
OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
"Our next project, we're working on original content right now. We can't talk about what that is, but that's the next step in the evolution for us," Thrush said, noting that, even with remakes like Shadow and Souls, the studio was already partially creating original content. He explained how, really, the growth of the studio, both in the literal number of employees as well as types of projects, naturally leads to this next step, especially given the team's pedigree.

"The transition from remasters to remakes was to test ourselves and push ourselves harder for the next step," Thrush said, noting the team was at about 15 people during the production of the original God of War collection, right now is at about 70 employees, and grew to 95 people at its peak during Demon's Souls (with outsourcing work, too).

"Our team is a very highly experienced team, the average experience among most people is about 15 years, and all of them come from original development. It's not like we're a bunch of developers that got trained up on making remasters and remakes. We have that original game development mindset in our hearts, and that's what we're now ready, finally ready with the support of Sony to push forward and show what we can do, and show what PlayStation can do," he said.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were a God of War remake utilizing Santa Monica's latest engine retelling the story of God of War, but largely from scratch. That would certainly be preferable over remasters.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
We know Bluepoint's "own game" doesn't exist, they are a support team and they don't have the team needed to handle their own AAA team.

I assume they are working as a support team on SSM's next new -or 'original', as you prefer- game (which I assume it will be a new IP).
I can't entirely agree with this perspective. I think they do have the developers and resources to make a AA or AAA original game.

Though, I would like them to also continue supporting with remakes.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Personally, I would prefer to see a Resistance or Jak & Daxter remake trilogy.
Would you expect them to remake and consolidate multiple older titles into a single release, or remaking multiple games in franchise?

My only thought would be, if they committed to remaking an entire franchise, that basically locks them in for projects for at least like 6~10 years of development.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Would you expect them to remake and consolidate multiple older titles into a single release, or remaking multiple games in franchise?

My only thought would be, if they committed to remaking an entire franchise, that basically locks them in for projects for at least like 6~10 years of development.

If it's a full fledged remake, I would think that they would do all three games individually and charge $70 for each of them. This is what I would prefer. Would probably take several years of development but I would think that they would reuse assets which is normal and would cut down the development time. We'll see what they're working on eventually.

Reactions: DarkLordOtaku

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
they became a support studio for santa monica, hopefully they are able to staff up with key creatives and become a full fledged studio soon.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022

The post above yours already debunks this

You spent the last year claiming that Ragnarok was their "original content"

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
The post above yours already debunks this

You spent the last year claiming that Ragnarok was their "original content"
Sony is telling you that Bluepoint, Nixxes and Valkyrie are at the same level, do you expect original content from them too?

OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Sony is telling you that Bluepoint, Nixxes and Valkyrie are at the same level, do you expect original content from them too?

You looked at one slide and made a huge assumption.

They were listed at a partner studio. What that entails in practical terms is completely undefined.