What do you think will sell more Dragon Dogma 2 or Rise of the Ronin. Both release in March.

Which one do you think will sell more?

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1703218409537.png
Rise of the Rōninhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Rōnin#cite_note-2 is an upcoming action-role playing video game developed by Team Ninja and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The game is scheduled to release for the PlayStation 5 on March 22, 2024.

1703218457492.png
Dragon's Dogma 2 is an upcoming action role-playing video game developed and published by Capcom. A sequel to Dragon's Dogma (2012), the game is set to be released for PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X/S in March 2024.

Reactions: Sircaw and Diah
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Lmao I see what you did ... Well I guess it's not the same day after all? 😅

Maybe I can beat Ronin in 2 days? Lol
Hey it was a gd discussion now I'm anxious to see how they sell. I didn't even know they both released in March.

Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Hey it was a gd discussion now I'm anxious to see how they sell. I didn't even know they both released in March.
Well I'm sure Dragon Dogma will sell well especially on PC followed by PlayStation. I hope it will have a breakout moment similar to what happen to Monster Hunter in the west.

But I want Ronin to be a huge success too. I'm not fully sold on it as yet, but I always support new IP's.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Why is Sony not moving Rise of the Ronin to March 29th? I don't get it. There's nothing that day.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Rise of the Ronin, it's 1st party and more eyes are on it. My hype for Dragons Dogma 2 deflated when I went back and played part 1 recently, that game aged badly and is in no way considered one of the open world rpg greats. I might give in to fomo and buy Dragons Dogma 2 but it has to knock it out of the park in reviews. Rise of the Ronin can get a 7 and I'm still buying it.

Reactions: Diah

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
no idea but i'll vote for Ronin just cuz im more excited for that one.

Rise of the Ronin, it's 1st party and more eyes are on it. My hype for Dragons Dogma 2 deflated when I went back and played part 1 recently, that game aged badly and is in no way considered one of the open world rpg greats. I might give in to fomo and buy Dragons Dogma 2 but it has to knock it out of the park in reviews. Rise of the Ronin can get a 7 and I'm still buying it.
same, I never liked it years ago, tried it again recently and it aged poorly. I don't get the hype

Reactions: Gamernyc78 and Diah

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Dogma. Its multiplat. Its hyped by rpg weebs. I couldnt get into it no matter what.

Cautiously optimistic about Ronin.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If you only look the first or second month sales rankings, I'd say maybe Dragon's Dogma. Capcom normally sells more than Koei Tecmo, specially when one is multiplat and the other one exclusive. I think Capcom will also get higher MC and more modern visuals. Rise of the Ronin has been under development since forever and may seem outdated in some areas to some people.

But I'd say that in the long term they may have similar sales, or Rise of the Ronin may sell more due to long term Sony marketing and featuring in the store plus potential future pc port.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
DD2 could be the break out game for the series. I’m not ruling that out. First game was niche tho.

I don’t subscribe to the idea that DD’s release date hurts Ronin one bit tbh.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Difficult question. I'm goign to go with DD2 because it has a previous version of the game which became really popular.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
DD2 is a sequel to a game that has managed to sell 7.9M copies as of September 30 2023 and is also multiplat. Capcom also has been on a roll for the last few years, there's some goodwill there by fans. I feel very confident that the launch sales are going to be massively in favour of Dragon's Dogma.

As for long terms sales, well it all depends on what the actual products end up being. I think there's a greater chance that Dragon's Dogma 2 manages to hit out of the park compared to Rise of the Ronin which is a big departure in game design for Team Ninja, but stranger things have happened.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
DD2 could be the break out game for the series. I’m not ruling that out. First game was niche tho.

I don’t subscribe to the idea that DD’s release date hurts Ronin one bit tbh.
DD1 was a sleeper hit, it got really big after positive word of mouth.

Itsuno the director is also behind DMC3,4 and 5.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
DD2 will sell more but I am looking forward to both. For me, I'm looking forward to ROTR gameplay due to team ninjas previous games.

DD2 will be far more polished though and i expect it to be quite impressive.