What do you think will sell more Dragon Dogma 2 or Rise of the Ronin. Both release in March.

Which one do you think will sell more?

• Total voters

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
View attachment 3403
Rise of the Rōninhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Rōnin#cite_note-2 is an upcoming action-role playing video game developed by Team Ninja and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The game is scheduled to release for the PlayStation 5 on March 22, 2024.

View attachment 3404
Dragon's Dogma 2 is an upcoming action role-playing video game developed and published by Capcom. A sequel to Dragon's Dogma (2012), the game is set to be released for PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X/S in March 2024.
DD is a more well known ip, is multiplat, has higher production values and the capcom has a lot of name recognition. Ronin while it looks good it doesn’t have the big budget PlayStation triple A polish to it. Team ninja games don’t generally do huge numbers or get a lot of recognition even when they are good. I would be surprised if ronin outsell DD. That would be a big W for team ninja and PlayStation but a big L for capcom considering how long ppl have waited for another DD game. It would probably 🪦 the franchise.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
DD is a more well known ip, is multiplat, has higher production values and the capcom has a lot of name recognition. Ronin while it looks good it doesn’t have the big budget PlayStation triple A polish to it. Team ninja games don’t generally do huge numbers or get a lot of recognition even when they are good. I would be surprised if ronin outsell DD. That would be a big W for team ninja and PlayStation but a big L for capcom considering how long ppl have waited for another DD game. It would probably 🪦 the franchise.
looking at DD2 18min latest gameplay, it is looking very underwhelming.

i even more now convinced of my right purchase.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It’s an interesting question in this case.

Multiplatform releases usually sell higher than exclusives just due to being available in more places, but the PS5’s dominance makes it possible for an exclusive to outsell multiplats.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
after the strong sales of sekiro, Nioh and Tsushima…

If Ronin hits it could hit hard and do 10 million. I’m not expecting this but Im still hoping it turns out great.

I’m taking the gamble day one.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
looking at DD2 18min latest gameplay, it is looking very underwhelming.

i even more now convinced of my right purchase.

This really has to be the only forum on the planet that doesn't like DD2

It's like some bizarre world in this thread

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
after the strong sales of sekiro, Nioh and Tsushima…

If Ronin hits it could hit hard and do 10 million. I’m not expecting this but Im still hoping it turns out great.

I’m taking the gamble day one.
Yeah Ghost of T surprised everyone with its sales. This could be another similar scenario.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
DD2 has IP recognition, has a very dedicated fanbase who've been asking for a sequel for a hot minute and kept it alive in the public consciousness, so a lot of casuals and non-fans will pick it up too, it's on multiple systems.

RotR is a new IP that has a style of gameplay that typically appeals to a more niche audience outside of the FromSoft branding.

I suspect RotR will be successful, but not do DD2 numbers.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
DD2 has IP recognition, has a very dedicated fanbase who've been asking for a sequel for a hot minute and kept it alive in the public consciousness, so a lot of casuals and non-fans will pick it up too, it's on multiple systems.

RotR is a new IP that has a style of gameplay that typically appeals to a more niche audience outside of the FromSoft branding.

I suspect RotR will be successful, but not do DD2 numbers.
Thts what ppl thought about Ghost of T and boy did it deliver numbers they didn't expect. Horizon as well as a new IP coming off a very lackluster Kill zone shadow fall sales.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Tsushima has the best word of mouth unlike any other PlayStation exclusive I know of.

Kinda want to put it into cult classic territory but it’s a bit more successful than that.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Really hard to say but I guess I give DD2 the edge. It has the ability to sell something on PC and Capcom has done a good job building hype in a short amount of time while RotR seems more subdued. This is within a month or two of launch, anyways. Lifetime will depend on game quality, pricing strategy (how long do you remain at 70) and whether DD2 goes to additional platforms.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Well we are only a few months away. March seems to be a gd gaming month with those 2 releases. Hopefully the combat in both are sublime.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Really hard to say but I guess I give DD2 the edge. It has the ability to sell something on PC and Capcom has done a good job building hype in a short amount of time while RotR seems more subdued. This is within a month or two of launch, anyways. Lifetime will depend on game quality, pricing strategy (how long do you remain at 70) and whether DD2 goes to additional platforms.

For multiplat devs, especially a Japanese publisher like Capcom, releasing or not releasing on the Switch 2 are going to be two very different separate scenarios in terms of sales number. Until we know more about which titles are going or not going to be on the platform, it's hard to get an accurate guess on how much any of their games is going to end up selling in the long run.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Zzero