What do you want from the next PlayStation CEO?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
He did mess it up though, he inherited a well oiled machine and mucked it up with PC ports, greenlit 12+ gaas games, made several terrible acquisitions like Bungie/Nixxes, crappy subscription services, pointless cloud focus, and worst of all, shutdown Japan Studio.
Those things would've happened regardless of jimbo
I think the only thing that was shaky for him in particular was being bad at communication. Also cloud focus where?

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Those things would've happened regardless of jimbo
Everyone says this but I doubt it. Also not to mention a ton of games went over to Xbox under his watch and not only that but Xbox got marketing rights and exclusive next gen features (Sega), Death Stranding and MLB also went to GamePass. That guy was really terrible at his job.
Also cloud focus where?
They're starting to invest a lot into cloud gaming, improving PS5 "blades", PS5 games 4K streaming for PS Premium subscribers. All a waste.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Purchase FROM. I want him to stake his entire tenure on it.

Kidding, but a Sony owned studio that releases high caliber JRPGs would be great.

Reactions: JAHGamer

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
  • Buy Capcom, Square Enix
  • Invests and keep nurturing more exclusives in East Asia, yes including Japan, South Korea, China
  • Protect all Japanese companies from bad influences like dirty xbotz and it's dogs
  • I hope the next CEO will be even more ruthless than Jim Ryan, all Japanese and Asia games console exclusives for PS5 excluding xbotz hell yeah.
  • Also no "we love all consoles, no console warz" bullshit like shawn layden era. It's always console warz foh life 😂

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Purchase FROM. I want him to stake his entire tenure on it.

Kidding, but a Sony owned studio that releases high caliber JRPGs would be great.
I think its too late for From, after how big Elden Ring was their valuation is probably sky high. Sony has a good amount of stake in it though. First party JRPGs are sorely needed, Legend of Dragon or Wild Arms remake or sequel would be amazing

Last edited:
Reactions: BroodCorp
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
  • Buy Capcom, Square Enix
  • Invests and keep nurturing more exclusives in East Asia, yes including Japan, South Korea, China
  • Protect all Japanese companies from bad influences like dirty xbotz and it's dogs
  • I hope the next CEO will be even more ruthless than Jim Ryan, all Japanese and Asia games console exclusives for PS5 excluding xbotz hell yeah.
  • Also no "we love all consoles, no console warz" bullshit like shawn layden era. It's always console warz foh life 😂
I agree, the fact that Sony lost Sega to Xbox is insane. And when I say "lost" I mean Xbox gets the better version of their games, exclusive marketing rights, and most of their games on GamePass, thats a massive L on Jim for allowing that happen. They also should've been more aggressive with Kojima.

Reactions: Puff
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Can we get some cute girls in Sony games from now on too while I'm asking for changes? Just remembered what Aloy looks like.

GIF by Giphy QA
Aloy is cute imo. No idea how people can call her ugly or unattractive.

th0570ydoq291.jpg

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
A big craw for me is Sony's BC support. I find that having to first of all setup dummy region accounts because some PS1 games were only fit for US's BC service... And then those PS3 digital PSOne purchases are stranded to be ridiculous. Or games that didn't migrate from PSNow to PS+. They were bought digitally under their BC program with the expectation of working going forward (well, obviously). And I say that knowing PS+ BC tier probably still outnumbers what's on XB's, I just want the ability to have a full meal. I didn't feel like the... history of the brand was understood or the audience respected properly, based on the moves Jim made, coupled with the opportunities he missed, or the statements he said. I hope next PS President understands BC and IP's roles, as far as strengthening PS's services, and wider Sony opportunities in media/anime/evo/themepark cross-promotions.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I'd love yoshida to take over. Is responsible for every great games