What does Concord need to be a success?

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Game is set in space, with multiple alien species, new IP. They had near complete freedom to create anything. They go and create this uninspired, forgettable, AI generated, DEI obsessed bore. These type of devs have edge and should be making mobile games.
I think for a hero focus game outside the five main characters show the hero design could’ve been much better & striking I feel like that’s one thing you would have focus essentially have a bunch of concept artist to make different sci fi heroes & pick the best looking design.

Valorant hero design > Concord
Apex Legends hero design > Concord
Overwatch hero design > Concord

He’ll the different characters in Destiny like Xur, Lord Shaxx, Osiris comes out as better design characters then the ones in Concord outside the 5 shown in the trailer. 5/15 heroes is not a great ratio

Someone should make a thread of all the Concord hero design & rate them. I would do this but I’m not sure how to upload pics from my gallery to icon. I only know how to grab links from safari/google images by pressing the copy button on images or share button on links

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Eh I think this will do decent, we just have to accept the fact that this game full of hamburglar characters is not for us. If the gunplay is good it will do well enough based on that fact alone. Will these reach apex numbers- no that is a tall order but I think this game will do fine in the 50-150k daily ccu. They can atleast get 100k suckers of the rainbow crowd worldwide at least.

Reactions: Fenton

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Eh I think this will do decent, we just have to accept the fact that this game full of hamburglar characters is not for us. If the gunplay is good it will do well enough based on that fact alone. Will these reach apex numbers- no that is a tall order but I think this game will do fine in the 50-150k daily ccu. They can atleast get 100k suckers of the rainbow crowd worldwide at least.
Yeah...I am curious to see what happens. This is one of their GaaS games that's not been cancelled so Sony has confidence in the game and the studio.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
I needs to not be shit.

And a discount Guardians of the Galaxy Overwatch mod ain't it.

Je heeft het verpest, Hermen. Echt.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
If it succeeds it will be PC fans that will save it. It could have a decent base on PC, if the gunplay is fun like Destiny’s. I don’t think most PS5 players are going to bother. I still can’t believe Hulst decided to buy this studio. They should have let them prove themselves first because if the game flops, does the studio get shut down.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
If it succeeds it will be PC fans that will save it. It could have a decent base on PC, if the gunplay is fun like Destiny’s. I don’t think most PS5 players are going to bother. I still can’t believe Hulst decided to buy this studio. They should have let them prove themselves first because if the game flops, does the studio get shut down.
I think the whole game lives of if it’s F2P or not.

Also I can see why Hermen bought Firewalk studio from a developer talent they have ex Bungie, Destiny, Apex, COD & more. It was also maybe a low cost buy even if Concord flops the studio is talented enough to make a new live service again relatively fast.

Personally I would’ve waited till the game releases but again if the game is a mega hit like Helldivers the studio like Arrowhead sees no value in selling & continuing a partnership instead. Kinda have to make these 50/50 acquisitions sometimes. Sometimes they can hit big sometime it’s not but that seems to be live service in general & studios who make live service games.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I think for a hero focus game outside the five main characters show the hero design could’ve been much better & striking I feel like that’s one thing you would have focus essentially have a bunch of concept artist to make different sci fi heroes & pick the best looking design.

Valorant hero design > Concord
Apex Legends hero design > Concord
Overwatch hero design > Concord

He’ll the different characters in Destiny like Xur, Lord Shaxx, Osiris comes out as better design characters then the ones in Concord outside the 5 shown in the trailer. 5/15 heroes is not a great ratio

Someone should make a thread of all the Concord hero design & rate them. I would do this but I’m not sure how to upload pics from my gallery to icon. I only know how to grab links from safari/google images by pressing the copy button on images or share button on links
I was talking about the ones shown in the trailer discount Guardians of the Galaxy, the yellow guy with the scales even has that type of design made for extras in a movie to make the make up easy.

I'll already move on and forget this game exists. GaaS garbage, way worse than I imagined.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I was talking about the ones shown in the trailer discount Guardians of the Galaxy, the yellow guy with the scales even has that type of design made for extras in a movie to make the make up easy.

I'll already move on and forget this game exists. GaaS garbage, way worse than I imagined.
SOCOM is like an easy W even if it modernized & became a hero shooter it would be like Rainbow 6 but 3rd person with SOCOM gameplay

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
Crystal ball shit this game development stuff you start making a game chasing a popular fad and by the time your game releases four years later the audience has moved on to another fad.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Crystal ball shit this game development stuff you start making a game chasing a popular fad and by the time your game releases four years later the audience has moved on to another fad.
But this is not chasing a trend, they started this in 2018-19 which is well after the overwatch craze. They just made bad choices on character design, I bet the gunplay will be decent to great but that alone wont help this

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just have to wait and see. The gameplay might surprise everyone. And PS barely fails on gameplay.

5V5 arent for me, but neither is Fortnite and look at how successful that is. Fortnite looks like generic shit too but it prints money out.

We are not the market for this game, put your walking stick away. Playstation has to reach out and try different genres and MP games.

If they fail, I hope they try another MP game with an older IP, Killzone, Socom, Resistence instead. If they do well, then great

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Agree with many here. Sony would have been better reviving Socom or MAG.

I guess it could be a case of Sony wanting to cover every base in GaaS games.

They have a third person PvE game and now a Hero shooter.

There’s Destiny and Marathon an extraction shooter.

I guess a Military shooter like Socom or Mag is all that is needed and probably in development.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Not to listen to IconEra.
Looks like we found one of the 3 people that bought the FOUNDERS PACK!

I Love You GIF by Sesame Street

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Keep seeing f2p lies.

Fortnite didn’t start f2p. Or pubg. Destiny is a la carte 100 a year. Call of Duty sold blackout first and had 20 years of branding to fall on.

Finals and multiversus sure… they also died in two weeks.