What does Concord need to be a success?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
With the character choices they've gone for in a hero shooter it's DOA

This type of game lives and dies on its heros and this is just a bad joke

20240601_104552-jpg.5174

Tbh, I can see this in a multi-coloured-pride skin.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Unfortunately I think the weekly cinematics are going to be how we determine the sexuality of each character in the game.

Hero shooters suck.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: quest4441

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Just have to wait and see. The gameplay might surprise everyone. And PS barely fails on gameplay.

5V5 arent for me, but neither is Fortnite and look at how successful that is. Fortnite looks like gernetic shit too but it smashes copies out.

We are not the market for this game, put your walking stick away. Playstation has to reach out and try different genres and MP games.

If they fail, I hope they try another MP game with an older IP, Killzone, Socom, Resistence instead. If they do well, then great
There should be another deep dive at summer game fest really going thru & making it clear Concord is less Overwatch & more like Destiny, Halo, COD pvp with multiple modes with moba style hero.

Because everyone is calling it a Overwatch clone even thoe it doesn’t look to have that push style game mode.

Also showing level/weapon progression is there a gold or mastery camo challenges system like COD? How’s the rank mode? What’s the rank mode game types is there rank rewards?

What’s the roadmap? New season every 3 month? Will it be fast like 2 month season to add content fast & make it much stickier for people to grasp Concord as a game? Is there a battlepass? How do you unlock the heroes? What monetization looks like? Cosmetic monetization?

How’s the custom matches? Is there a good system to run tournaments/lan for the competitive side? It would be nice to show the game with pros to really show the gameplay it look like the trailer was against brain dead bots cpu. Get people like Shroud to play the game & give feedback while he plays the game.

They showed so much of Concord yet felt like they ain’t really show the good parts the parts people care about. Most are guessing if it will be F2P or $40

Reactions: Kokoloko

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
20240601_104552-jpg.5174

Tbh, I can see this in a multi-coloured-pride skin.
I can see her bulky canvas used for a skin resembling a snowman, teddy bear.

Either way that’s just a bad hero design idk what they were thinking. Taking a quick look & right away you see yuh this ain’t it let me go back to the drawing board. Like out of all of the cool design you can make all the badass sci fi characters you can make either human, alien, or animal. I’d take a space monkey as a hero or a tiger named el tigre that stands in its 2 legs & is a close range melee hero & the voice acting has a deep Spanish voice that’s monotone like puss n boots w a hint of humor.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I can see her bulky canvas used for a skin resembling a snowman, teddy bear.

Either way that’s just a bad hero design idk what they were thinking. Taking a quick look & right away you see yuh this ain’t it let me go back to the drawing board. Like out of all of the cool design you can make all the badass sci fi characters you can make either human, alien, or animal. I’d take a space monkey as a hero or a tiger named el tigre that stands in its 2 legs & is a close range melee hero & the voice acting has a deep Spanish voice that’s monotone like puss n boots w a hint of humor.
I think it is all about demographics, not necessarily bad hero design, but rather Hey, this character looks like you.

This character might not appeal to you or me but it surely does appeal to someone out there, and that's what they are aiming for.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
BLAZE

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
There are three major problems with this game:
1: It's paid, and the Hero Shooter genre is dominated by F2P.
2: A lot of competition and similar games (Overwatch, Team Fortress 2, Apex Legends, Paladins, Valorant and Marvel Rivals).
3: The character catalog is very monotonous and falls short of the above games.

For these problems, I suggest a few things:
1: If the game has good gameplay and a positive uptake in the beta, this won't be a bother, but even if that fails, there's a more desperate option: go F2P.
2: similar to the first option, if the game has good gameplay and public acceptance, it could be yet another hero shooter on the market, similar to the various PUBG clones (I see a lot of Destiny elements in the gameplay, so this could help it stand out).
3: ok, I admit I don't know how to solve this, it will all depend on the writing of these characters, but I honestly feel that only about 4 of them stand out in this cast of charisma-free characters

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They need to actually answer the prompt. That is to say, those weekly updates need to be weekly and they need to be updates. No delays, no "updates" that do nothing.

And even then the game might still fail.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The beta is going to make or break it. It’s all gonna be word of mouth.

It’s definitely understandable for Sony to chase their own Overwatch and not leaving that space dominated by Microsoft (by owning Blizzard).

The gunplay and movement looks solid. Art direction passable and inoffensive.

I would try it but not inclined to buy it ever at any point. I do not agree with launching f2p so best of luck to them on this because it’s gonna be tough to earn that playershare without huge momentum out the gate.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

DForce

24 Jun 2022
It doesn't help that some of the characters seem rather... bland.

The beta is going to have to REALLY impress a lot for this game to get off to a good start.

The game also needs to be priced accordingly. $39.99 with low-priced Microsoft transitions.