What Games got snubbed at the game awards?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
For me, there are 3 big snubs.
The biggest by far is Hogwarts, it deserved a nom in at least art direction and best RPG.
Second is Genshin, Zelda getting a nom in best soundtrack is a disgrace when Genshin's entire soundtrack is full of extremely high level bangers (and Zelda is not)
Third is SF6 getting snubbed in GotY for Mario Wonder.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
For me, there are 3 big snubs.
The biggest by far is Hogwarts, it deserved a nom in at least art direction and best RPG.
Second is Genshin, Zelda getting a nom in best soundtrack is a disgrace when Genshin's entire soundtrack is full of extremely high level bangers (and Zelda is not)
Third is SF6 getting snubbed in GotY for Mario Wonder.
Mmmmhhh....Genshin Impact is a 2020 game...I' m sure it has had some expansion this year, but does it counts for the game awards?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: toadsage44
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Mmmmhhh....Genshin Impact is a 2020 game...I' m sure it has had some expansion this year, but does it counts for the game awards?
It gets a new soundtrack with every expansion (posting just the first disc of each soundtrack portion, each soundtrack has 3-4 discs)

1.0:
Intemission patch:
2.0:
3.0:
4.0:

Imo Genshin's soundtrack is easily in the top 5 all-time. It would be negligent to not nominate it simply because it's an ongoing game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think Street Fighter 6 made a ton of things right for its genre, many of them for the first time in the genre and that as happened with SF2, SFIV or SFV, many things introduced in SF6 will be the new standard in the genre and also for its eSports.

It's my personal GOTY, but I understand that for most people woulndn't be a nominee because don't care about the genre. But still, I think it's one of the most important releases of the year.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I think Street Fighter 6 made a ton of things right for its genre, many of them for the first time in the genre and that as happened with SF2, SFIV or SFV, many things introduced in SF6 will be the new standard in the genre and also for its eSports.

It's my personal GOTY, but I understand that for most people woulndn't be a nominee because don't care about the genre. But still, I think it's one of the most important releases of the year.
I agree -- but MK1 for me.

• haha
Reactions: Nym

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

Best fighting game got picked for its single player story mode. You can instantly write that off as a casual scrub garbage pick. Just as outrageous as picking a marvel film for an award at anything.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Screenshot_3-9340.jpg

For a 2nd year

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Best fighting game got picked for its single player story mode. You can instantly write that off as a casual scrub garbage pick. Just as outrageous as picking a marvel film for an award at anything.
Well, in addition to the absurdly ambitious world tour and other single player modes, SF6 also has best in class trainings and tutorials, online multiplayer modes, netcode, lobby, arcade cabinets and casual fun microgames and the most important thing: top tier gameplay.

For top players there are a few characters and mechanics balance issues, totally normal for the vanilla version of a fighting games. For being a vanilla it's in an stunning shape and has a shit ton of great stuff.

It has a fighting game history record of active userbase and retention in Steam as of now 4-5x times bigger than the 2nd (Tekken 7), which means the game is very fun and most players love it. Or at least more than they loved any other fighting game available on Steam.

Reactions: anonpuffs

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Deff final fantasy 16 and hogwarts legacy

Cant believe resident evil 4 a game that already won goty in 2005...

Are now running for goty candidate again

Not that i hate re4 remake but shits not fair:mad:

The Office No GIF

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Destiny 2 over Honkai Star Rail for community support.
On goty, honestly there were a lot of bangers this year, I would've personally added Armored Core 6 without replacing any of the nominees. I don't think Hogwarts was snubbed (At most it should've been in Starfield's place for RPG), Hogwarts is a good game but theres way too many great games.

Reactions: anonpuffs