What have been your hardest gaming challenges in 2024 so far?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
For me these are the top

1 Completing End of Zoe RE7 DLC with no weapons on PS4 (It wasn't as hard on PS5 since I had the dual gauntlet weapon)

2. Passing the lava hoverboard section in Conker live and Reloaded Xbox

3. Beating Ethan Must Die in Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

4. Trying to beat the Canyon boss with and exotic car in Need For Speed Carbon on PS3 even with a bunch of upgrades (I couldn't beat the Canyon Boss after like 40 tries and I had to give up and make another Career profile with a muscle car and was able to beat the boss at a Canyon race without buying a single upgrade at all.)

5. Getting past the laser escape part in Conker's Bad Fur Day on Rare Replay (I did this back in 2016 on the original N64 without much issue but in 2016, the escaping the beach part was insanely hard 8 years ago on N64 but didn't give me much issue on Rare Replay which was right after the laser escape part)

6. Getting the platinum and all Separate Ways Trophies in RE4 remake on PS4

7. Finishing End of Zoe on Joe must Die Mode in Resident Evil 7 Biohazard PS4

8. Getting Platinum in Resident Evil 0

9. Getting all the trophies in Jack's 55th Birthday in Resident Evil 7 Biohazard on PS4 (Those Load Times)

10. Getting the Platinum and all Add on trophies for Resident Evil 2 remake on PS4

11. Getting past the tank park in Conker's Bad Fur Day on Rare Replay where you have to knock down the turret tower

12. Getting an S+ Rank in Resident Evil 3 Remake PS4 on Infernal Mode

13. Beating Night terror in Resident Evil 7 Biohazard on PS4 and Nightmare on the PS5 version

14. Getting past the cog part In Conker Live and reloaded on Xbox (The controls are way too slippery for platforming this part)

If I can think of any other I will let you know but as you can see Resident Evil 7's DLC gave me a lot of nightmare's this year and to make matters worse a lot of DLC trophies don't transfer to the PS5 upgrade meaning if I want to unlock them I have to redo them which all I can say to that is screw that noise.

To those who love RE7 like me, what did you think of it's DLC trophies? I found a lot of them to be insanely hard. the stuff like the daughters DLC, and Bedroom DLC were cool and easy. Also Not A Hero wasn't insanely difficult even on Professional but it did throw me off because when you aim in it looks down the site's which is different to how the main game handle's it! But Ethan Must Die wasn't too bad once you got the hang of it but that Margarite boss fight was insane at the end and was up to RNG because the weapons you have at the end are random. End of Zoe with no weapons might just be the most frustrating thing I ever played because of those damn gators!
Jack's 55th Birthday trophies were extremely tedious and I hated going thru 21 DLC over and over again until I got all the trophies.

Also damn RE4 remake does not love me at all, I got the handgun only trophy and no health item trophy on the same run and on the saddler boss I was doing great but glitched thru the floor and dies when I fell in the void at the bottom.
Also on my S+ Professional run the game softlocked after the Verdugo boss fight and I had to restart. I don't know I just think RE4 remake doesn't like me, All of this was the PS4 version running on the PS5 BTW

Last edited by a moderator:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I have been trying to beat Kingdom Hearts 2 on Critical Difficulty with the EXP Zero ability equipped keeping me at level 1. A level 1 critical run basically.
I'm a little more than halfway through and am currently stuck on three boss fights: The Experiment, giant genie Jafar, and Xaldin, and I keep getting my butt kicked due to how incredibly delicate Sora is. Does not take much to get killed.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
1. Getting the platinum in I AM SETSUNA, Lost Sphere and Oninaki in the short time between the time I found out they would leave PS+ Extra and the actual date they left the service. Not a real challenge per se, it was quicker than I thought, but at that time I thought it could be close.

2. Not crying all the time while playing Lost Words. Didn't expect to be confronted with something personal while playing a simple indie game.

3. Not ripping my ears from my head when talking to @Heisenberg007 in Helldivers 2. ( ❤️ )

4. Surviving @Bo_Hazem in Helldivers 2 and getting the platinum in the game thanks to him and @Heisenberg007 .

Also got the platinum in AC6 which some said was a hard game, but I didn't think it was.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I have been trying to beat Kingdom Hearts 2 on Critical Difficulty with the EXP Zero ability equipped keeping me at level 1. A level 1 critical run basically.
I'm a little more than halfway through and am currently stuck on three boss fights: The Experiment, giant genie Jafar, and Xaldin, and I keep getting my butt kicked due to how incredibly delicate Sora is. Does not take much to get killed.
I tried playing Kingdom hearts 1 on PS4 on normal mode and can't even get past the boss battle with cloud
kingdom hearts beach GIF

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Prince of Persia Lost Crown, the game is amazing but the platforming is brutal and rewarding. The boss fights were tough, but the platforming is the real challenge. It’s officially he best metroidvania of all time

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Finding time to play games 😂

But it is now better… first half had some months I didn’t play at all working in my job at day and on my new home at night 🔥

All the electric part of my home I DIY at nights.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Try to build up the will to justify paying to unlock Akuma in Street Fighter.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
FF7 rebirth genji trials. Harder than any souls game i've played that's for sure.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The Helldivers 2 platinum (only because I needed a good team) and finishing FFVII Rebirth, but because I don’t vibe with the combat system, it was a hassle in the end.

Everything else has been quite enjoyable.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Trying to reason with @Nhomnhom. unattainable platnium tbh.
I feel bad seeing people get banned and I don't hold anything against the dude, he could just go a little too far sometimes when arguing and could not control himself.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
This is one of the best years, play PoP lost crown, FF7 Rebirth, Stellar Blade
I have literally negative interest in precision platformers. I would rather watch paint dry. Stellar Blade and 7 R aren't on PC yet. Over on Switch we got a Good Feel game (faaaart) and a bunch of ports.

The only 2024 games I've played so far this year are Pal World and the Riven remake. Both were okay, and thats being real generous with Riven.

Ballatro looks good though, been thinking of pulling the trigger on it for months now.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I have literally negative interest in precision platformers. I would rather watch paint dry. Stellar Blade and 7 R aren't on PC yet. Over on Switch we got a Good Feel game (faaaart) and a bunch of ports.

The only 2024 games I've played so far this year are Pal World and the Riven remake. Both were okay, and thats being real generous with Riven.

Ballatro looks good though, been thinking of pulling the trigger on it for months now.
So you buy a platform that's overwhelmingly shitty shovelware games, bad AAA ports, + indies and are surprised you're having trouble finding games to play?

• Cerny
Reactions: 2spooky5me

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
For me, it would be wanting/having more time to play games but work has been busier than it usually is during the summer.