What if: Microsoft bought Capcom...how would you react?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I got a XBSX as well, thanks to all Jim Ryan's stupid quotes before the gen started, and into the gen. Nothing on XB really that I wanted, other than vauge promises of BC and GP, but I wasn't hitching my wagon to Lyin' Jim Ryan without some kind of backup plan.

I'm not saying it will happen or even COULD happen... but I am curious how each person here might react if Capcom got acquired somehow.

Would you buy an Xbox to add to your PS5?

Currently I'm in the process of getting rid of my XBSX. A friend who grew up with only XB wants mine, since it just sits there collecting dust. Not even retail Retroarch saved that system for me, as there was usually some hiccup to contend with. Sometimes I wouldn't touch anything, and a game that worked fine yesterday couldn't be read until I reflushed the game files over ftp. The entire thing with just a cumbersome process, and I never shook the... offensive... feeling that I was "having to" play Resident Evil 2 PS1 on a damn XBSX. All I wanted Sony to do was support BC properly. I'd re-buy an old game digitally, hell I was already doing that on PS3 and even those weren't brought forward to PS4/5. XB has little new game/GP releases that interest me - even at £1 for 3 years GP was dogshit in terms of money value due to the poor selection and size of the games offered, IMO.

I'll only get an Xbox device again if it's some kind of portable handheld. Which tbf with the Surface Pro/Surface Duo devices team working together, they could do something pretty stylish. Otherwise I think there's not enough to differentiate the two consoles, due to sharing most 3rd party releases. Anything more superficial than the games, and most things like dashboard, controller preference comes down in PS5's favor than XBSX's, and that's saying something considering that I perfer most about the PS4 to the PS5.

Would you switch to Xbox?

Laugh Lol GIF

Would you buy a PC?

received_6110471902340315.jpeg

That's a pic of android double screen Surface Duo using Gamesir x2 USBC shell. Working on home WiFi out in back garden to remote play PS5, it's cool, for now. Dreading trying it on the bus one day and discovering I'm now carrying dead weight controller shell around all day that I can't use etc.

_20230409_202336-removebg-preview.png
Enter GPDWin 4. Portable PC, can be hacked to do more than android, with android's 3rd world experience and 3rd party Remote Play apps and controller shell mish-mash. Can solve issues with PS BC via emulation or GOG store.

In the scenario of XB buying CAPCOM, I think that'd just standardise my decision to base around PS5 with Android gamesir controller clip, and PC with GPD's portable pc for games which aren't currently on PS5.

Would you get rid of your PS5?

I would not. Performance wise I'm happy with PS5. Though I perfer them to XB, most things from PS5 dashboard, controller etc I still perfer on PS4. But as I gimmick myself several hopefull-solutions to the "lacking portability" issue, I can imagine very easily where cheaper Steam prices, cross-platform/cross-play online, now having the portable aspect with gpd win... Sony have a tough time selling me a PS6 down the line. If I ever commit the money to gpd win4 and that device is all I hope it will be... and Sony STILL haven't solved their own BC and Portability issues, and they lose Capcom IP exclusively to XB on top? I'm so done.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I got a XBSX as well, thanks to all Jim Ryan's stupid quotes before the gen started, and into the gen. Nothing on XB really that I wanted, other than vauge promises of BC and GP, but I wasn't hitching my wagon to Lyin' Jim Ryan without some kind of backup plan.

I'm not saying it will happen or even COULD happen... but I am curious how each person here might react if Capcom got acquired somehow.

Would you buy an Xbox to add to your PS5?

Currently I'm in the process of getting rid of my XBSX. A friend who grew up with only XB wants mine, since it just sits there collecting dust. Not even retail Retroarch saved that system for me, as there was usually some hiccup to contend with. Sometimes I wouldn't touch anything, and a game that worked fine yesterday couldn't be read until I reflushed the game files over ftp. The entire thing with just a cumbersome process, and I never shook the... offensive... feeling that I was "having to" play Resident Evil 2 PS1 on a damn XBSX. All I wanted Sony to do was support BC properly. I'd re-buy an old game digitally, hell I was already doing that on PS3 and even those weren't brought forward to PS4/5. XB has little new game/GP releases that interest me - even at £1 for 3 years GP was dogshit in terms of money value due to the poor selection and size of the games offered, IMO.

I'll only get an Xbox device again if it's some kind of portable handheld. Which tbf with the Surface Pro/Surface Duo devices team working together, they could do something pretty stylish. Otherwise I think there's not enough to differentiate the two consoles, due to sharing most 3rd party releases. Anything more superficial than the games, and most things like dashboard, controller preference comes down in PS5's favor than XBSX's, and that's saying something considering that I perfer most about the PS4 to the PS5.

Would you switch to Xbox?

Laugh Lol GIF

Would you buy a PC?

View attachment 983

That's a pic of android double screen Surface Duo using Gamesir x2 USBC shell. Working on home WiFi out in back garden to remote play PS5, it's cool, for now. Dreading trying it on the bus one day and discovering I'm now carrying dead weight controller shell around all day that I can't use etc.

View attachment 984
Enter GPDWin 4. Portable PC, can be hacked to do more than android, with android's 3rd world experience and 3rd party Remote Play apps and controller shell mish-mash. Can solve issues with PS BC via emulation or GOG store.

In the scenario of XB buying CAPCOM, I think that'd just standardise my decision to base around PS5 with Android gamesir controller clip, and PC with GPD's portable pc for games which aren't currently on PS5.

Would you get rid of your PS5?

I would not. Performance wise I'm happy with PS5. Though I perfer them to XB, most things from PS5 dashboard, controller etc I still perfer on PS4. But as I gimmick myself several hopefull-solutions to the "lacking portability" issue, I can imagine very easily where cheaper Steam prices, cross-platform/cross-play online, now having the portable aspect with gpd win... Sony have a tough time selling me a PS6 down the line. If I ever commit the money to gpd win4 and that device is all I hope it will be... and Sony STILL haven't solved their own BC and Portability issues, and they lose Capcom IP exclusively to XB on top? I'm so done.
might want to edit out irl names js