What if? Sony wants to grab Take-Two Interactive in the event of a merger between Microsoft and Activision Blizzard. Note not a credible rumor.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Eh, I don't know if I believe this. Theoretically they have good enough credit to borrow however much they need to purchase, but I doubt this source.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I don't believe this "rumor" for a second, but the purchase would be worth it for GTA Online, NBA 2k, and Zynga alone.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Rythian?

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I hope not, rather them make their own new studios and invest in more new ips.
I agree and doesn’t make sense since Sony is way more cautious with their investments but, it would be funny to see the meltdowns and how many “professionals” would be against this but want the Activision deal with MS

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Good, take this thread as a "what if" for discussion. I'm sure it's fake but it's OK to wonder and discuss.

Reactions: Doncortez77

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Rythian is so fraudulent that he is basically a joke... I really don't understand why he keeps going with this charade.

All that said, TakeTwo is the most legitimate and potent company to acquire in the event the ABK deal goes through and Sony could definitely pull it off.

EN250

17 Feb 2023
Idk, only for R* and whoever does the sport games? I mean, yeah, GTA and RDR are huge events when they come out, but you don't mess with development of those and they come out whenever, the nba games are yearly and come with a license and that's the MLB license issue all over again, so it would be a Bungie situation, where they own but it's business as usual

The rest of T2 should be the same as well, trying to force exclusivity would be on a case by case basis, like idk, a new Bioshock game going exclusive, but before they'd have make sure it's worth it and also make it acquire the same level of polish and *prestige* their 1P games have

Reactions: Sircaw and Bryank75

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Rythian is so fraudulent that he is basically a joke... I really don't understand why he keeps going with this charade.

All that said, TakeTwo is the most legitimate and potent company to acquire in the event the ABK deal goes through and Sony could definitely pull it off.
I agree but one thing about this potential deal scenario is that any of the 2k sports games would have to stay multi platform and Sony already showed that they would be able to do multi plat sports games that stay in parity with the other systems with how they handle MBL the show. So that wont be a concern

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Idk, only for R* and whoever does the sport games? I mean, yeah, GTA and RDR are huge events when they come out, but you don't mess with development of those and they come out whenever, the nba games are yearly and come with a license and that's the MLB license issue all over again, so it would be a Bungie situation, where they own but it's business as usual

The rest of T2 should be the same as well, trying to force exclusivity would be on a case by case basis, like idk, a new Bioshock game going exclusive, but before they'd have make sure it's worth it and also make it acquire the same level of polish and *prestige* their 1P games have

Would probably be more as a bargaining chip and money earner, as well as to stay ahead of competitors in the space for market %.... so MSFT would keep COD the same on both platforms and maybe keep it out of gamepass.

Likewise Sony would keep GTA and RDR etc on Xbox to buy and would not be in the PSPlus offerings.

Both companies could earn their money and it would work as a disincentive to pulling games off the other.

If Sony do nothing... I could see MSFT just buying more, Sony didn't react to Zenimax and MSFT went on to Activision already. It's time to learn.....

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony isn't interested on acquiring a publisher of the size of Take 2, and doesn't have the budget to buy them.