What if? Sony wants to grab Take-Two Interactive in the event of a merger between Microsoft and Activision Blizzard. Note not a credible rumor.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I agree but one thing about this potential deal scenario is that any of the 2k sports games would have to stay multi platform and Sony already showed that they would be able to do multi plat sports games that stay in parity with the other systems with how they handle MBL the show. So that wont be a concern
Throw in with SSD and have a Sony Sports Network or PS Sports branding etc? There's "evo for sports games", right?

• fire
Reactions: Doncortez77

EN250

17 Feb 2023
Would probably be more as a bargaining chip and money earner, as well as to stay ahead of competitors in the space for market %.... so MSFT would keep COD the same on both platforms and maybe keep it out of gamepass.

Likewise Sony would keep GTA and RDR etc on Xbox to buy and would not be in the PSPlus offerings.

Both companies could earn their money and it would work as a disincentive to pulling games off the other.

If Sony do nothing... I could see MSFT just buying more, Sony didn't react to Zenimax and MSFT went on to Activision already. It's time to learn.....

You say using T2 as a deterrent? Sure, can work, idk if it's worth it, for me it's the same scenario as S-E, "why they don't buy them already?" well, because they have the games strongly associated already (well, at least FF) and sell better on their systems, so why bother when marketing alone does a great job?

Now, as for MS trying to buy more and the move is only to to beat them at their game, idk, regulators, do your damn job!? If not, go the biggest publisher available if money is not a problem, idk which one is it, but guessing: Tencent is 1st, so out the question, ABK is 2nd because it's AV+Blizzard+King and they're in bed with MS atm, so that leads us to EA which has yearly FIFA and NFL or T2 with GTA+RDR+NBA+Zynga, so whichever 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
You say using T2 as a deterrent? Sure, can work, idk if it's worth it, for me it's the same scenario as S-E, "why they don't buy them already?" well, because they have the games strongly associated already (well, at least FF) and sell better on their systems, so why bother when marketing alone does a great job?

Now, as for MS trying to buy more and the move is only to to beat them at their game, idk, regulators, do your damn job!? If not, go the biggest publisher available if money is not a problem, idk which one is it, but guessing: Tencent is 1st, so out the question, ABK is 2nd because it's AV+Blizzard+King and they're in bed with MS atm, so that leads us to EA which has yearly FIFA and NFL or T2 with GTA+RDR+NBA+Zynga, so whichever 🤷‍♂️

EA has so many licensed games and is so aligned with MSFT. i.e has EA Play included as part of Gamepass, that I don't think they are worth it.
They also probably see COD going to MSFT as a huge opening for Battlefield and I think that it is quite timely that BF2042 is appearing on PSPlus.....

So I default to TakeTwo as the defacto play to make in regards to western acquisitions, if we are talking about retaliation / reciprocity.

Reactions: VillaiN
D

Deleted member 417

EA has so many licensed games and is so aligned with MSFT. i.e has EA Play included as part of Gamepass, that I don't think they are worth it.
They also probably see COD going to MSFT as a huge opening for Battlefield and I think that it is quite timely that BF2042 is appearing on PSPlus.....

So I default to TakeTwo as the defacto play to make in regards to western acquisitions, if we are talking about retaliation / reciprocity.
Buy valve/steam.

They're more damaging as an acquisition than any other company in the industry.

• they're_right_you_know

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Repeat after me: "first party companies expand their studios to fill gaps in their portfolio, not to keep up with other first party companies."

EN250

17 Feb 2023

EA Play on GP probably doesn't bother them because they're one of the few that can ask for a price and MS will say yes to it, really want to know how much does it cost to subsidize that whole thing, should be burning cash like crazy

Badly performing BF games always get into PS+, we had BFV already and now 2042 :ROFLMAO: but you won't see 1 or 4, not even Hardline which was hated by the community because it wasn't "my military dudebroh shooterz" tho story mode was bad, so they were half right :p

What I wanna know is what's in the mobile side Sony people said their going to push, I didn't see any initiative yet, so if they consider T2 for Zynga ( 😑 ) at least would be better than saying and not doing anything, though people above said 40 billions for the whole thing, that's too damn much and out of their league, right?

• they're_right_you_know

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't think Take 2 is on sale and it should be way more than what Sony wants with the grow up synergy.
Sony wants cheaper studios where they can help to grow to create masterpieces.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
EA Play on GP probably doesn't bother them because they're one of the few that can ask for a price and MS will say yes to it, really want to know how much does it cost to subsidize that whole thing, should be burning cash like crazy

Badly performing BF games always get into PS+, we had BFV already and now 2042 :ROFLMAO: but you won't see 1 or 4, not even Hardline which was hated by the community because it wasn't "my military dudebroh shooterz" tho story mode was bad, so they were half right :p

What I wanna know is what's in the mobile side Sony people said their going to push, I didn't see any initiative yet, so if they consider T2 for Zynga ( 😑 ) at least would be better than saying and not doing anything, though people above said 40 billions for the whole thing, that's too damn much and out of their league, right?

Too much? Of course there is a point where a company is too much and 40 Billion I think is too high an asking price for TakeTwo.....

But if Sony REALLY wanted them, I could see them going to 30 or maybe around 35 billion. But this is an amount that would take around 10 billion out of their cash reserves and then need 20-25 more of debt issued in bond form or in stock etc....

It really is a huge sum for Sony but they have to consider the long-term and solidifying their position. There is a lot to consider.

If ABK doesn't go through though...it's all needless.