What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

• Spiderman

Votes: 81 89.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Around the same

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Well the big guns are coming out and Spiderman 2 with the gorgeous graphics, exclusive console and controller seems to be coming out looking to kill it but there are many that see Starfield as the savior of Xbox and think it will sell alot especially being on PC. So which one do you think will dominate? My money is on Spidey of course! Btw they both can sell well but I think Spidey will be the more stringer of the 2 but who knows especially since pc adds alot of potential sales to Starfield.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
At launch? Spiderman 2 by a fucking long miles. Insomiac rarely miss.
Long term? Probably Starfield. Todd and Beth gonna sell that shit 10 times in a row.

Yeah I think I agree with this here.

Spidermans going to break records, Starfield will end up like Skyrim.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Starfield is relying on pc to carry it and theres still pc gamepass that more casual users will use that don’t care about modding, its essentially steam vs ps5.

Spider-Man is a way bigger IP that just had a major hit movie this summer. I will be surprised if Spider-Man doesn’t outsell Ragnarok.

Its not even a fun battle since we all know Microsoft isn’t gonna report sales anyway

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Spider Man 2 will outsell by big margin.

someones says, oh, but in 10 years, Starfield can sell more. who gives a shit about 10 years? that game will cost 5$, at that point it is not relevant anymore.

and Spider Man 3 will be released.

so how about we add Spider Man sales 33M + Spider Man 2 sales ?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Spider Man 2 will outsell by big margin.

someones says, oh, but in 10 years, Starfield can sell more. who gives a shit about 10 years? that game will cost 5$, at that point it is not relevant anymore.

and Spider Man 3 will be released.

so how about we add Spider Man sales 33M + Spider Man 2 sales ?

Probably around 40M by now

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm excited for Spiderman 2 but also excited to see how well it performs in sales. We know it'll do great but I'm curious how great. As long as Sony has bangers like these thyll always have a mindshare and a big, solid gaming base.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I'm excited for Spiderman 2 but also excited to see how well it performs in sales. We know it'll do great but I'm curious how great. As long as Sony has bangers like these thyll always have a mindshare and a big, solid gaming base.

People on forums underestimate the casual audience.

Like, for all the doomposting about how bad sonys showcase was you look at reactions to it on youtube and everyone is losing their minds over spider-man. Thats what MOST people care about, while people on internet message boards think something like a bloodborne remaster would be the biggest thing in the world lol

This game is going to sell a lot of ps5’s

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Spiderman gonna crush it. Skipping PS5 is gonna hurt Starfield bad. The Masses won't buy Xboxes to play it because PC is more compelling. But they don't have gaming PCs either so it just gets skipped.

Spiderman 2 is a bigger name, with a built in fanbase, and PS5 firing on all cylinders. They could sell 30% more on Steam too.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Spider-man 2 will in the short to mid-term. So first year to fifth year.

But if we're talking out to over 10 years, it's possible that Starfield with many rereleases could pass it eventually (as @historia says) but there will be a Spider-man 3 and 4 out at that stage and Starfield will still be one game...

So overall I say Spider-man as a series wins against Starfield in the longterm too.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022

But if we're talking out to over 10 years, it's possible that Starfield with many rereleases could pass it eventually (as @historia says) but there will be a Spider-man 3 and 4 out at that stage and Starfield will still be one game...

So overall I say Spider-man as a series wins against Starfield in the longterm too.

What were the spiderman sales like on PC?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Like i said before though, how many times can they re-release starfield on just xbox and pc platforms?

Skyrim came out on nintendo, playstation, xbox, pc, stadia, etc. unless Microsoft eventually buckle and make it multiplatform