What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

• Spiderman

Votes: 81 89.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Around the same

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Agree.

I reckon it will beat GOWR in the first week.

Was it 5.1 million in 3 days?

30 million over the next 5 years is realistic.

Not sure if it will beat GoW. That made 5.1M in 4 days I think.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Not sure if it will beat GoW. That made 5.1M in 4 days I think.

Will be interesting to see.

GOWR was cross platform so that helped.

I reckon it will beat 5.1 million in the same timeframe.

GOWR did 11 million in 3 months which will be more different simply because the attach rate needs to be almost 20% of PS5 which is difficult.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Will be interesting to see.

GOWR was cross platform so that helped.

I reckon it will beat 5.1 million in the same timeframe.

GOWR did 11 million in 3 months which will be more different simply because the attach rate needs to be almost 20% of PS5 which is difficult.

Cross platform ain’t gonna matter at this point. There were less than 30 million PS5’s sold last year when Ragnarok came out. Maybe closer to 27m

By the time Spider-Man 2 comes out there will be 45-50m, almost twice as many, that makes up for that small difference of people that bought god of war on ps4. People aren’t buying brand new games on ps4 anymore outside of sports titles.

Spider-Man is also going to sell a lot of consoles more so than Ragnarok did.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Yeah I can see Spiderman outselling Ragnorak over the first week to month, but I think it will be close.

Also there has been a ton of releases this year. That's why you can't expect ToTK numbers because it's been a stacked year in terms of third-party releases on PS5.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Cross platform ain’t gonna matter at this point. There were less than 30 million PS5’s sold last year when Ragnarok came out. Maybe closer to 27m

By the time Spider-Man 2 comes out there will be 45-50m, almost twice as many, that makes up for that small difference of people that bought god of war on ps4. People aren’t buying brand new games on ps4 anymore outside of sports titles.

Spider-Man is also going to sell a lot of consoles more so than Ragnarok did.

I am certain it will beat the 5.1 million record but do you honestly believe it can do 11 million in 3 months?

In 3 months there will be around 50 million PS5s.

So basically 20% attach rate.

How many games have done that? I don’t think even Nintendo games do that.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I am certain it will beat the 5.1 million record but do you honestly believe it can do 11 million in 3 months?

In 3 months there will be around 50 million PS5s.

So basically 20% attach rate.

How many games have done that? I don’t think even Nintendo games do that.

Yeah, cause spider-man will keep selling with the console and its christmas season. Everything will get a huge boost from the holidays, thats the real secret behind Ragnaroks numbers. This year theres no shortage of consoles either. The redesign + Spidey is the 1, 2 combo

The original spider-man is still charting to this day, they aren’t front loaded games

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it's possible that Spider-Man 2 may have a better launch than GoWR, specially because this will be the first Holiday after a having solved shipment shortages for a while.

But I'm not 100% sure because this September/October we'll have a ton of big seller releases on PS and other platforms, and on top of that the rest of the year there have been a ton of great and big seller games. So the holiday gifts, or the games bought with a new PS5, may be other games.

In the long term way beyond launch, make sure Spider-Man 2 and GoWR will end selling over 20M units, probably even over 25M. I think Starfield won't even reach10M units sold.

Reactions: Muddasar

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I think it's possible that Spider-Man 2 may have a better launch than GoWR, specially because this will be the first Holiday after a having solved shipment shortages for a while.

But I'm not 100% sure because this September/October we'll have a ton of big seller releases on PS and other platforms, and on top of that the rest of the year there have been a ton of great and big seller games. So the holiday gifts, or the games bought with a new PS5, may be other games.

In the long term way beyond launch, make sure Spider-Man 2 and GoWR will end selling over 20M units, probably even over 25M. I think Starfield won't even reach10M units sold.
Subcription and PC releases are crous, Jim must know better before jumping gun

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Subcription and PC releases are crous, Jim must know better before jumping gun
PS subscriptions and Sony PC ports where already there before Jim became CEO.

Both PS subscriptions and PC releases are generating a ton of money to SIE and generating no issues to their business, there's no problem with them at all.

Jim is the most successful CEO that any console maker ever had, so he knows what he does.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
PS subscriptions and Sony PC ports where already there before Jim became CEO.

Both PS subscriptions and PC releases are generating a ton of money to SIE and generating no issues to their business, there's no problem with them at all.

Jim is the most successful CEO that any console maker ever had, so he knows what he does.
He inherits that from Andrew House so technically he is not really. But oh well, whatever.