What’s the point of buying future PS console if your spending more compare to PC & PS no longer has exclusive games that can only be played on PS

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Genuinely asking why by a PS console when your spending more on PS then you would be if you just bought a PC or a Steamdeck that got you into the PC ecosystem at the same price as a console ($500)

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/s/W9JcjBgxqA

And with essentially the confirmation from leaks & Nintendo buying a port studio that will port 3rd party games Nintendo next console getting all 3rd party to either release day 1 simultaneously with PS & PC or after a short time releasing after. Nintendo seems to get the same games as PS with 3rd party if not cater more w Japanese & mobile studios & they have true permanent exclusive first party games unlike PS & Xbox.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/s/t2JLktBtUR

Funny how PS is nothing more then a delayed Xbox & chosen to follow Xbox while Steam went from 3rd party to realizing they can become the defacto gaming platform by letting other competitors cannibalize each other platform & storefront by seeking short term profit & short term growth. Steam platform & storefront become the place to play games which makes Steamdeck the better device to play Xbox, PS, PC & gaming in general with its library spanning wider then PS.

PC & Nintendo is the best combo for gaming. PS like Xbox is no longer in the picture in gaming in the long term.

Oh & Sony spending 26 billion on Paramount a dying entertainment company is funny there’s other targets like WB or double downing in gaming & turning gaming ip to established entertainment films, movies & animation. Sony can gain better & stronger ip for much cheaper that would help Sony as a whole instead of solely Sony pictures.

Someone said SpongeBob exclusive games would have potential. And that the Spongbob ip would have potential in gaming bruh

wpvq3svzgax81.jpg

Hell seeing the rise of Lego & it’s collaboration with gaming companies like Fortnite & collabs w PlayStation & Nintendo using there ip to expand into a new demographic acquiring Lego to bolster Sony & PS merchandise & toys business is a better target then Paramount for far cheaper

LEGO-Minecraft-The-Swamp-Adventure-Set-Creative-Toy-with-Crafting-Table-Mangrove-Tree-and-Alex-Figure-Great-Gift-for-Kids-21240_0cf6ebcf-37b8-4905-bc66-8cdbe12762c5.47aae2794b08f16eafc02aa4c738cb78.jpeg

i-am-the-lego-god-of-war-v0-7oweo997ryi91.png

76990_boxprod_v29.png

Lego is kinda a endless business mondel & its probably low cost w high profit

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Ezekiel and Puff

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Because of the main reason to buy a console: ease of use?? Lower hardware price point? Friends in console ecosystems? Being already invested in a console ecosystem (hidden switching costs)

Just warriors care that much about exclusives. Most people dont

I have seen the steam deck vs console comparison made many times but it doesn't make much sense. The steam deck it's just too weak. And not that ergonomic/portable. On top of thst You can buy a Switch lite and series S for the price of one steam deck.

PC is the best way to game to me but it's not perfect and it makes total sense that many people prefer a home console.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Genuinely asking why by a PS console when your spending more on PS then you would be if you just bought a PC or a Steamdeck that got you into the PC ecosystem at the same price as a console ($500)

And with essentially the confirmation from leaks & Nintendo buying a port studio that will port 3rd party games Nintendo next console getting all 3rd party to either release day 1 simultaneously with PS & PC or after a short time releasing after. Nintendo seems to get the same games as PS with 3rd party if not cater more w Japanese & mobile studios & they have true permanent exclusive first party games unlike PS & Xbox.

Funny how PS is nothing more then a delayed Xbox & chosen to follow Xbox while Steam went from 3rd party to realizing they can become the defacto gaming platform by letting other competitors cannibalize each other platform & storefront by seeking short term profit & short term growth. Steam platform & storefront become the place to play games which makes Steamdeck the better device to play Xbox, PS, PC & gaming in general with its library spanning wider then PS.

PC & Nintendo is the best combo for gaming. PS like Xbox is no longer in the picture in gaming in the long term.

Oh & Sony spending 26 billion on Paramount a dying entertainment company is funny there’s other targets like WB or double downing in gaming & turning gaming ip to established entertainment films, movies & animation. Sony can gain better & stronger ip for much cheaper that would help Sony as a whole instead of solely Sony pictures

Hell seeing the rise of Lego acquiring Lego to bolster Sony & PS merchandise & toys business is a better target then Paramount
-Can you get the same performance from a PC as a PS5? (do I have to use eBay to shop around for second-hand parts) will it include a ps5 controller for another 50 bucks, will the SSD be on the same level as the ps5 one,

-What about all the exclusives on PS5 (but they are coming to PC eventually)? How long do I have to wait, a year? Or 2 years?

-I don't want to fuck around with settings, updating shit, wishing I had spent another 100 quid on a better graphics card in 3 months time bla bla. Do I have to put all the shit together myself? when I can just take the ps5 out and plug the damn thing in.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
While there is overlap, they are still 2 seperate categories. An Applience vs a Computer, plug and play vs setup, theatre vs desk etc.
Blow job vs hand job, might not be the best comparison by me.

Come On No GIF by bubly

• haha
Reactions: Shmunter

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Why do people pay for food à la carte when they can just pay for a buffet?

PS is a premium experience, PC is not.

people value things differently.

Clearly, what Xbox offers has been rejected by the market.
PC is actually potato gaming

PS and Nintendo will give you la crème de la crème of what this medium has to offer.

• haha
Reactions: Infinity
OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Because of the main reason to buy a console: ease of use?? Lower hardware price point? Friends in console ecosystems? Being already invested in a console ecosystem (hidden switching costs)

I have seen the steam deck vs console comparison made many times but it doesn't make much sense. The steam deck it's just too weak. And not that ergonomic/portable. On top of thst You can buy a Switch lite and series S for the price of one steam deck.

PC is the best way to game to me but it's not perfect and it makes total sense that many people prefer a home console.
Steamdeck at the same cost price ($500) as a PlayStation console is a low cost barrier & ease of use.

Friends in console ecosystem? Did friends stop these hardcore Xbox fans migrating to PC? Also PS is adding the full ecosystem to PC like trophies & wouldn’t be surprised if friends/PSN gets fully link into PC with the PS PC launcher but by the way they added trophies to GOT without the PS PC launcher Sony is streamlining PC ecosystem more then PS console ecosystem

Exclusive are the only reason you buy consoles! There’s a reason since Xbox day n date PC Xbox console has lost 50% to 70% of there playerbase.

If exclusive didn’t sell consoles Nintendo Switch wouldn’t sell 150+ million. I’d argue Nintendo is the perfect example of exclusive games sell console Nintendo output more exclusive games then both Xbox & PS combine & Nintendo is #1 in the console market selling almost more console then both Xbox & PS combine

Why would people prefer a home console when those games can be played in a better hardware w more games? There’s a reason gen z are going to PC & Mobile & that’s because they have a wider library of games to play. So PS porting there games just make it easier to skip PS console.

Everything you said can be debunked by data & proven to be false

Reactions: Diah
OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
-What about all the exclusives on PS5 (but they are coming to PC eventually)? How long do I have to wait, a year? Or 2 years?
It really depend if you value saving money or spending more out of fomo & with PS live service games hitting PC day 1 the wait & fomo for PS games to be ported to PC is significantly easier & you save more money then buying a PS console by migrating to PC.

If you don’t mind spending & wasting more money for the inferior platform & storefront then you get a PS console if you don’t get fomo & value saving significant amount of money you invest in PC or Steamdeck

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
simple: PC gaming sucks
PC gaming does have issue but I rather save a significant amount of money & experience PS games at the best performance & that can only be experienced on PC.

Don’t hate PC, Sony themselves are making it a better platform & storefront to experience PS games & investment in gaming.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Steamdeck at the same cost price ($500) as a PlayStation console is a low cost barrier & ease of use.

Friends in console ecosystem? Did friends stop these hardcore Xbox fans migrating to PC? Also PS is adding the full ecosystem to PC like trophies & wouldn’t be surprised if friends/PSN gets fully link into PC with the PS PC launcher but by the way they added trophies to GOT without the PS PC launcher Sony is streamlining PC ecosystem more then PS console ecosystem

Exclusive are the only reason you buy consoles! There’s a reason since Xbox day n date PC Xbox console has lost 50% to 70% of there playerbase.

If exclusive didn’t sell consoles Nintendo Switch wouldn’t sell 150+ million. I’d argue Nintendo is the perfect example of exclusive games sell console Nintendo output more exclusive games then both Xbox & PS combine & Nintendo is #1 in the console market selling almost more console then both Xbox & PS combine

Why would people prefer a home console when those games can be played in a better hardware w more games? There’s a reason gen z are going to PC & Mobile & that’s because they have a wider library of games to play. So PS porting there games just make it easier to skip PS console.

Everything you said can be debunked by data & proven to be false

Gen Z goes to PC in part because they see streamers on high end gaming rigs. Gen X and Milennials didn't have that. They grew up with console wars and PC gaming was not as popular.
Many of the age old myths about pc gaming are spewed by that generation due to experiences they had as kids, such as "hours intalling drivers" or $ "5000 PC that gets old in 6 months" PC gaming is way more accesible to young milennials and Gen Z.

Console exclusives are just icing on the cake. If you prefer PC gaming you prefer it for its advantages and you know how to deaL with its negatives. I can't see old school console gamer going, ok god of war ragnarok release on PC NOW I am going to build a new PC and start my pc game collection from scratch.

There's a reason why Steam deck sold between 3 and 4 millon devices only. Its just complementary hardware for pc enthusiasts.

And regarding Nintendo: Why the Wii U sold so little then? FFS the Wii U carried the switch for half of its lifecycle with its library of games and was a BC beast including Virtual Console.

24 Jun 2022

If "ease of use" were the big driver, Xbox console sales wouldn't be dying. You guys have really got to stop ignoring Xbox just to justify SIE putting all their games on Steam.

Or maybe they aren't warriors, but people who appreciate gaming as an art form and recognize that full utilization of hardware features usually goes hand-in-hand with content exclusivity, especially for an industry that still has so much room to grow in immersive spaces like video games.

Most people don't care because most people see games either as money-making machines and nothing more, or cheap dopamine hits to consoome and nothing more. But ironically the only reason either type are playing games or are in the industry, is due to the backbone of games that pushed technological limits out of seeing the medium as an artform.

Ironic, that.

Most people who buy PS5s in its lifetime don't care about its power. Same goes for Series X. They buy them to mainly play games like Fortnite, Geshin, Madden, FIFA, etc.

Basically games that aren't really pushing the limits of the hardware.

Sure there are some reasons why a few will still prefer a console but "ease of use" isn't the selling point you think it is because, again, Xbox proves this isn't enough.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Gen Z goes to PC in part because they see streamers on high end gaming rigs. Gen X and Milennials didn't have that. They grew up with console wars and PC gaming was not as popular.
Many of the age old myths about pc gaming are spewed by that generation due to experiences they had as kids, such as "hours intalling drivers" or $ "5000 PC that gets old in 6 months" PC gaming is way more accesible to young milennials and Gen Z.

Console exclusives are just icing on the cake. If you prefer PC gaming you prefer it for its advantages and you know how to deaL with its negatives. I can't see old school console gamer going, ok god of war ragnarok release on PC NOW I am going to build a new PC and start my pc game collection from scratch.

There's a reason why Steam deck sold between 3 and 4 millon devices only. Its just complementary hardware for pc enthusiasts.

And regarding Nintendo: Why the Wii U sold so little then? FFS the Wii U carried the switch for half of its lifecycle with its library of games and was a BC beast including Virtual Console.

give it a listen.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/s/W9JcjBgxqA

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/s/t2JLktBtUR

Oh & Sony spending 26 billion on Paramount a dying entertainment company is funny there’s other targets like WB or double downing in gaming & turning gaming ip to established entertainment films, movies & animation. Sony can gain better & stronger ip for much cheaper that would help Sony as a whole instead of solely Sony pictures.

Someone said SpongeBob exclusive games would have potential. And that the Spongbob ip would have potential in gaming bruh

wpvq3svzgax81.jpg

Hell seeing the rise of Lego & it’s collaboration with gaming companies like Fortnite & collabs w PlayStation & Nintendo using there ip to expand into a new demographic acquiring Lego to bolster Sony & PS merchandise & toys business is a better target then Paramount for far cheaper

LEGO-Minecraft-The-Swamp-Adventure-Set-Creative-Toy-with-Crafting-Table-Mangrove-Tree-and-Alex-Figure-Great-Gift-for-Kids-21240_0cf6ebcf-37b8-4905-bc66-8cdbe12762c5.47aae2794b08f16eafc02aa4c738cb78.jpeg

i-am-the-lego-god-of-war-v0-7oweo997ryi91.png

76990_boxprod_v29.png

Lego is kinda a endless business mondel & its probably low cost w high profit
🤷‍♂️ go get a pc. Im not on console because its cheaper im on console because that's what I'm most comfortable with. I have probably 1200+ games on pc and I've not touch 1 of those games in about 7-8 yrs. I collectvfree games I buy charity bundles and still have no desire to boot up a pic and play them.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Thats an hour podcast, no way I am going through that! Summary?
there is a lot of info.

this is a summary in their video:

"A recent survey by the ESA,. paints a vastly different picture on who is playing on video game consoles. This debunks a lot of the narrative that younger generations are not gaming on consoles".