What's your origin story? - Explain your avatar and username

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
Falcs is short for Falcon. My first car was a 1995 Ford Falcon. Falcon is way too common and is pretty much guaranteed to be taken up anywhere I might choose to sign up. So Falcs it is. Plus I like how it sounds - Fal-csssss.

I chose my avatar because it's suits my posting style. I'm always chilled and I just DGAF.

What's your story?

22 Jul 2022
I think humanity as a whole is corrupt and we are nothing but a blight, and I look forward to the day any remnants of us are wiped from this world......
Jokes aside, I just thought a play-on of misanthropist would be funny. I chose this avatar purely for it fitting into the edgy girl aesthetic.

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Tubz / Tubzilla was a nickname i got when i was around 14 and i have used it ever since online.
The Avatar i made years ago for my Steam account when i played in CS 1.6 League 2 competitions. Now i use it for pretty much everything.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think humanity as a whole is corrupt and we are nothing but a blight, and I look forward to the day any remnants of us are wiped from this world......
Jokes aside, I just thought a play-on of misanthropist would be funny. I chose this avatar purely for it fitting into the edgy girl aesthetic.
You and i need to sit down at a campfire, hold hands, and sing some Kumbaya, my lord, together. 😍

We will get through this together.

Ps, remember to bring bear repellent.

Reactions: Obi-Wan

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
An origin story... haha

Well, you're not getting anything before 2014.

Back at the start of the PS4 gen I was already very hardcore as a PlayStation fan, I was on twitter and clear groups were either already established or formed around that time.
I met and became friendly with LED, Aegro, AP99 (Who was more of just a PS fan back then) , Jaytech, Rated D, Puertorock was there too and a few others.... TruGiffers might have been around too.

Back then I used a Wolverine avatar and briefly a young Palpatine avatar.

The main opposition at the time was Crapgamer, NxtGen720, IronWolf, Timdog and a few others.

So I started following more and more personalities from Gaf.... Shinobi and particularly the crowd that hosted the SDGC.... Mister Megative and co.

A usual day on twitter would typically focus on telling the Xbox crowd they were stupid to think the cloud was gonna make Xbox One more powerful and calling Timdog a lunatic for sitting outside bestbuy and counting how many people came out with Xbox's.
As well as making fun of him for posting that he was getting clearance from his wife to buy another Xbox.... he bought them quite often as I remember.

I was also at the forefront of several 'moments'.... I was one of the key people that accused Lucy O'Brien of being biased against Uncharted 4 and marking it 89 in the 'pre-review' so they could leave it out of GOTY discussion.
I also helped with the petition against the WaPo review of Uncharted 4, which marked it 40/100 and had no real discussion of the actual game of it... I researched and exposed the reviewer in question to have been part of IGN and run a 'contrarian corner' where he would just try and argue the opposite of the popular position on any game. Thus exposing he had ulterior motives / objectives.

I kept highlighting Lucy O'Briens terrible reviews up until Days Gone, where she really made a dogs dinner of the review yet again... focusing on perceived slights to her sex / gender rather than the actual quality of the game and entertainment value.

I was on IGN a lot in the comments section and was given various warnings.... eventually Peer Schneider came into a thread and asked me to settle down and that he didnt like to ban people.... but they did ban me soon after that. But things needed to be called out there.

Previous to joining Gaf, I was on VGChartz board and met many people that would later become Gaf members or remain in contact.

Gaf collapse happened and I empathized with EL, he didn't get a chance to defend himself from what were huge accusations and later I believe the person downplayed them or retracted them... but he had lost a massive amount of what he mostly built.

So I joined with the aim of being entertaining and adding some content and discussion to attract people back to the place... not really for any personal reason.
I picked JR Ewing as my avatar, as television was really really terrible in ireland growing up and one of the only good things was Dallas, which I would watch when I was at home sick from school. I have a general inclination for these older shows anyway.. like Murder She Wrote and a few others.
In Ireland, every family with a bit of money thought they were the Ewings and there was always in-fighting..... he's also kinda larger than life and memorable.
Plus Texans, cowboys and all that is fertile ground for memes.

Anyway.... I will make another post about my Gaf-days, if anyone wants to hear it.

I just like to strutt....

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Dead Crow, because why not? Crows are some of the smartest animals on earth and absolutely majestic.
I thought it was because you had an emo fetish and liked to dress up in makeup. Fs, I always get stuff wrong

The Crow GIF

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Darth Vader

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Overheard the name Xanthus back in high school when a bunch of folks in the Latin class came out.
I was writing a story at the time, and thought to put an E in front of it. Just because.

It became my known GT ever since.. Cant believe its been 16 years already.

Obi-Wan

Hello there!
24 Jun 2022
Falcs is short for Falcon. My first car was a 1995 Ford Falcon. Falcon is way too common and is pretty much guaranteed to be taken up anywhere I might choose to sign up. So Falcs it is. Plus I like how it sounds - Fal-csssss.

I chose my avatar because it's suits my posting style. I'm always chilled and I just DGAF.

What's your story?

We’re onto you, Fat Associated Lymphoid Clusters

“Fat-associated lymphoid clusters (FALCs) are atypical lymphoid tissues that were originally identified in mouse and human mesenteries due to that they contain a high number of type 2 innate lymphoid cells/nuocytes/natural helper cells. FALCs are located on adipose tissues in mucosal surfaces such as the mediastinum, pericardium, and gonadal fat.”

Obi-Wan

Hello there!
24 Jun 2022
I chose my name because I was mostly enjoying the new show and because I saw a Darth Vader here and thought some kind of fake forum rivalry could be amusing. There’s also a third reason, but I’ll get into that some day.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I chose my name because I was mostly enjoying the new show and because I saw a Darth Vader here and thought some kind of fake forum rivalry could be amusing. There’s also a third reason, but I’ll get into that some day.

You obviously didn't watch very closely.... his name is Larry.

• haha
OP
OP
Falcs

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
We’re onto you, Fat Associated Lymphoid Clusters

“Fat-associated lymphoid clusters (FALCs) are atypical lymphoid tissues that were originally identified in mouse and human mesenteries due to that they contain a high number of type 2 innate lymphoid cells/nuocytes/natural helper cells. FALCs are located on adipose tissues in mucosal surfaces such as the mediastinum, pericardium, and gonadal fat.”
removal.ai_tmp-631b31b55e38f.png

• haha

serral

1 Sep 2022
I used to have a meaningful name but a friend kept mispronouncing it, so I adopted the mispronounced version.