Where is the sales announcement for Helldivers 2 from PlayStation?

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Just unlocked Helldiver difficulty today and only level 24. I've noticed the player count has dropped a little bit, when it comes to pve a lot of people drop the game or play less when they've unlocked all the content. I understand the $39.99 price tag now.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What singleplayer games are we expecting for 2024 from 1st party PS studio this year.
For the already announced ones, as I remember I'd say you can play single player TLOU2R, Helldivers 2, MLB, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Destiny 2 The Final Shape, Until Dawn. Plus the HFW and GoT PC ports.

And who knows if Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, Concord too.

Astro bot maybe Uncharted spin off starring Nathan Drakes daughter? 2025 is looking pack for PS studios first party line up.
I'd say Team Asobi could announce their next game this year and release it next year. Regarding the next ND game, I'd bet it was started in H1 2021 and would be released maybe 5-6 years later, around 2026-2027.

GOW 1/GOW Saga remake is likely next year celebrating its anniversary.
I think it's likely they'll remake it but may take more time to do it.

Can we see Astro Bot, Uncharted spin-off, Concord & maybe another smaller first party this year?
I'd bet that being announced yes. But not released this year, I'd bet only Concord and an unannounced small game, something like a 2nd party VR game.

In modern times AAA games take 5-6 years to be made, to release the next ND game this year would be 3 years, I'd say not realistic.

PS studios needs to scale up massively to have 3 major games every 4 month
And how would they fund 9 major AAA games per year? Being $300M per game, that would be $2.7B in budgets for the major games released every year.

And you'd have to add minor games, remasters/remakes/ports, 2nd party games, 3P exclusives, marketing deals, 3P PS+ deals, R&D of upcoming accesories and next gen console... I think isn't realistic, with the current amount of projects they already are short in profits because already are investing on a ton of stuff.

With that level of extra investments they'd have major loses.

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
What games? Because they even admitted they have nothing in the pipeline until 2025
Honestly I am always more excited for what comes out of their china hero projects and 3rd party collabs from japanese devs. A final fantasy is more enjoyable than whatever cuckmann and his cronies at ND make

Reactions: MaxParrish

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What games?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_video_games
Because they even admitted they have nothing in the pipeline until 2025
They never said that. What Totoki said was no sequels of existing top selling IPs (GoWR and Spider-Man 2 level).

Meaning, they had planned for this year sequels of less selling IPs as could be Helldivers 2, Death Stranding 2 or Astro, the Destiny 2 expansion, the Until Dawn remake or major and minor new IPs like Ronin, Stellar Blade, Concord, Convallaria or Lost Soul Aside. Plus the PC ports like HFW and GoT.

Plus 3rd party stuff like Final Fantasy Rebirth, Granblue Fantasy Relink, Silent Hill 2 etc. plus indies, plus China/India Hero project stuff etc.

Has anyone on this site bought a warbond? Like in spend actual money to buy the credits instead of using the ones you get form mission. Maybe this sold well and the microtransaction income has been shit and that is why Sony is not bothering disclosing with giving out sales updates
In my case I bought the two versions, with the two Super Citizen Edition upgrades and one warbond.

Sony: No we won't talk about our new game selling 10m+ in a month
Also Sony:

image.png

image.png
This was said when Helldivers 2 still wasn't released, and Helldivers wasn't a major IP (Totoki specified GoWR and Spider-Man 2 levels when talking about a major IPs).

Apparently sold way more than they expected. Pretty likely even faster than Spider-Man 2 and GoWR.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: Ezekiel

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
I can see we get a official number of software sales later this month because of the earnings call.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
They never said that. What Totoki said was no sequels of existing top selling IPs (GoWR and Spider-Man 2 level).

Almost halfway through thr year and we still have nothing from playstation studios, no announcements for games coming out for the rest of the year.

Not exactly filling me with confidence for the brand.

Meaning, they had planned for this year sequels of less selling IPs as could be Helldivers 2, Death Stranding 2 or Astro, the Destiny 2 expansion, the Until Dawn remake or major and minor new IPs like Ronin, Stellar Blade, Concord, Convallaria or Lost Soul Aside. Plus the PC ports like HFW and GoT.

So pc ports, "remasters" and third party games?

Im really considering selling my ps5 and just getting a Powerful PC at this point.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im really considering selling my ps5 and just getting a Powerful PC at this point.
If none of the third-party games (even exclusives ones) on PS5 interests you then what would you play on PC? Valve is also not releasing anything btw.

You're always complaining about Sony first-party. It's like that's all you play and nothing else?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Probably in May.

I believe the Fiscal End Year Statement is scheduled for May.

That’s the only reason we are not seeing sales figures for Helldivers 2.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Almost halfway through thr year and we still have nothing from playstation studios, no announcements for games coming out for the rest of the year.
In your alternate dimension or dreams maybe. In our reality this is completely false.

So pc ports, "remasters" and third party games?

Considering you say PS Studios released and announced don't exist, if you say that you have a PS5 maybe it's also a lie.

I believe the Fiscal End Year Statement is scheduled for May.
Yes, May 14th. A month and a week from now:
https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Maybe they are still working out an acquisition price for arrowhead and announcing they said a bajillion copies sold would make other, larger suitors even more interested?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
They’re waiting for the huge sales from the Xbox port before they announce numbers 😂

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
If none of the third-party games (even exclusives ones) on PS5 interests you then what would you play on PC? Valve is also not releasing anything btw.

You're always complaining about Sony first-party. It's like that's all you play and nothing else?

On PC I get all the older games like Metal Gear Rising, the exclusives plus now Sony games too.

Plus I get mods