Where is the sales announcement for Helldivers 2 from PlayStation?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Probably too embarassed to admit that their internal projections fucking suck and have the industry all wrong, considering they put more marketing into foamstars and suicide squad than this game.
Yeah, but did anyone expect Helldivers 2 to perform like this? Don't tell me you saw this coming.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, but did anyone expect Helldivers 2 to perform like this? Don't tell me you saw this coming.
it was obviously looked better than both of them, especially Suicide Squad, where was obvious it will bomb hard.
everything in this game looked quality and you could tell it will be a success.

but of course, even best scenario success, wasn't that high for anyone.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
From Sony or Insomniac? Because the developer already give HD2 launch sales.
The developer never shared sales, the most similar thing did was an emoji of a finger pointing up replying to an estimation. Which could mean that it was accurate or that the real numbers were even higher.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No I actually predicted it would bomb. But Sony isn't me, they are a hundred+ billion dollar corporation with access to metrics and data I can't even dream of. And yet I can predict things like foamstars and suicide squad will bomb, so they should even more so.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Eh I kinda predicted it would do well just due to launch placement with 5 million needed to reach breakout hit. Market is ripe for new players in online space. Of course not to this level of success but I didn’t think it would fail at all.

I don’t know what the next major breakout hits will be. Kinda just expecting Destiny and Monster Hunter to be the next big online launches for the remainder of the year. Wilds will be huge.

That’s with me not expecting Concord this year at all. And even with that said… I’m expecting this year to be a great one for online games.

• brain

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
On PC I get all the older games like Metal Gear Rising, the exclusives plus now Sony games too.

Plus I get mods
You're complaining not enough new games are coming out (while we're actually buried in new releases) but then you talk about getting a PC to play PS3 games like Metal Gear Rising? You're against remasters but you want to play old stuff? Sony exclusives are also not Day 1 so you would be waiting even longer.

Yeah I think you're just talking shit and not making sense 🫤

I'm playing FF7 Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin, Unicorn Overlord, Dragons Dogma 2 and Helldivers 2. Only 2 are on PC.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
They might announce in their quarterly / annual report at the end of the month. It should be a big proof point for their GAAS strategy

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
No I actually predicted it would bomb. But Sony isn't me, they are a hundred+ billion dollar corporation with access to metrics and data I can't even dream of. And yet I can predict things like foamstars and suicide squad will bomb, so they should even more so.

I don’t think even Sony would have predicted this success.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The only thing that’s wild is that PlayStation’s third party deals are true console exclusives like Ronin and Foamstars. It’s a bit shocking those don’t have pc versions when Helldivers does.

(In foamstars case I consider console release to be the beta tho).

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You're complaining not enough new games are coming out (while we're actually buried in new releases) but then you talk about getting a PC to play PS3 games like Metal Gear Rising? You're against remasters but you want to play old stuff? Sony exclusives are also not Day 1 so you would be waiting even longer.

I'm playing FF7 Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin, Unicorn Overlord, Dragons Dogma 2 and Helldivers 2. Only 2 are on PC.
some of people here has no consistency in their views. like says no shit one day, then do 180 the other. don't get it sometimes especially in arguments.

• they're_right_you_know

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
some of people here has no consistency in their views. like says no shit one day, then do 180 the other. don't get it sometimes especially in arguments.
Yeah I don't get it. Sony is not releasing enough games so I'll get a PC to play Metal Gear Rising with mods.

What mods? Naked Snake with big boobs 🤣

• haha
Reactions: Yurinka and Umar

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

I never said I'm against remasters in general, don't put words into my mouth. We have already had the last of us remastered several times now but Sony ignores the ps2 ratchet games,Sly,infamous,killzone,Socom,Motorstorm,resistance and many more.

At the very least remaster games that are not available already on ps4/5.

We had a great Playstation classics store on the Ps3,Vita and even psp. Why Sony just port those over?

• brain

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022

Complaining for the sake of complaining basically.

Reactions: Gediminas

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I never said I'm against remasters in general, don't put words into my mouth. We have already had the last of us remastered several times now but Sony ignores the ps2 ratchet games,Sly,infamous,killzone,Socom,Motorstorm,resistance and many more.

At the very least remaster games that are not available already on ps4/5.

We had a great Playstation classics store on the Ps3,Vita and even psp. Why Sony just port those over?
There's so many classics coming out on PS+ Premium every month. Even with new trophies and enhancements.

I doubt you even look at them. I don't.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
There's so many classics coming out on PS+ Premium every month. Even with new trophies and enhancements.

I doubt you even look at them. I don't.

Not a single ps2 game, and third parties dont have trophy support so try again

Most classics coming have beenn Disney star wars ps1

• noneofmybizz

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I don’t know what the next major breakout hits will be. Kinda just expecting Destiny and Monster Hunter to be the next big online launches for the remainder of the year. Wilds will be huge.

That’s with me not expecting Concord this year at all. And even with that said… I’m expecting this year to be a great one for online games.
I think Destiny will do great as usual, and Concord plus Star Wars Outlaws will be the biggest fall 2024 game, plus AC Red whenever it gets released (mainline AC games sell >20M, and this is the most requested setting).

I think Wilds may be the fastest selling MH game after the great success of World, Iceborne, Rise and Sunrise. Specially being the anniversary, I think Capcom will market it hard. I think it will be a Switch 2 release title (+PS5+Xbox+PC). But remember, it's a 2025 title, like Marathon. I think Wilds and Marathon will be the biggest 2025 titles.

I don’t think even Sony would have predicted this success.
According to the head of Arrowhead, the studio and Sony didn't expect such huge succcess. I assume they, like me, expected it to perform 4x or 5x times better than Helldivers because of the jump to the MGSV/Gears AAA camera etc.

But nobody could have expected an increase of over 15x times better (and way more that will sell during years) in sales and like 70x better in CCU peak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddasar

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
It's easy to predict flops because 99% of the games do flop, there is a lot of slop released every year on steam alone.