Which of these PS controversial initiatives would you cancel?

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Cancel pc ports, Gaas, cloud gaming and half assed portables and maybe mobile. If they really care about getting back into the portable space then they should make a new handheld system that has its own game support and not one that only works remotely from a Ps5

Reactions: JAHGamer

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
People advocating DRM in this thread o_O

People handwringing about Steam "taking 30%": guess how much the whole physical+retail pipeline takes. It's like 50% at full price. Do you want console vendors to end physical media? Valve taking a cut for Steam is both a business norm, and completely justified by the quality of Steam itself. Customers and publishers are both getting value from Steam, maybe more than any other digital storefront.
It's more that I don't think Sony should be plumbing away in the PC space regardless of Valve. But especially as it would seem Valve could be positioned to make in-roads into traditional *console market space between Deck 2/Steam Machine 2.

I never said anything about stopping physical or anything. I want a more full buffet presented. I'll take/buy BC/digital stuff in addition to this or that accessory, but if the priorities aren't aligned and we see things like lost 3P relationships, it's all the more worrying to see Valves moves, both the ones it makes, and the telling ones it doesn't. Call it doom posting, sure I guess. But I don't think it's too far removed from there, with Sony having started down this road.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
In our actual context, where AAA PC games frequently launch with big delays, broken code, and missing features, it's unhinged to expect PC players to jump on $70 games as soon as they're available. Publishers have some trust-building to do.
Maaan, that hits the ear all wrong, and tbh makes me feel a bit sick, I hope I've misunderstood you point. PC players "expect" Sony to do some "trust-building"?

I say Sony don't waste their time, effort and resources on... and get bad pr from, PC gamers who don't even appreciate the games they're getting. They should be buying a PS4 / PS5 by rights, to experience those 1P games. Sony would get more profits from someone buying a console and a 70 quid game where Sony get all the games sale percentage, and all the mtx sales percentage if the game has them.

They wouldn't have wasted money on Nixxes for PC ports; or would have at least repurposed them onto port jobs to and from PS4-PS5, like how they downported Rise Of Tomb Raider from XBO to 360, if memory serves correctly (or how Housemarquee down-ported or rebuilt ResoGun to use less explodey pixels (or whatever they're called), from the PS4 to PS3. Maybe made Nixxes the "rescue PS3 games BC team", if not going to be BluePoint's role.

I think people want Sony's games, possibly for the Deck rather than their actual PC's. A PS4 Portable would be better served than any PC/Deck focus. I think Valve are waiting to enter the traditional console space combo'd with Deck 2 and Sony are too stupid to realise it.

THIS is how Sony should be acting:

2 mins - 2.50 mins

Reactions: JAHGamer