Who here has a PC and a current gen console? How do you divide your time?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1709746205763.png

1709746238568.png

Seriously asking. One of the main reasons I hvnt gotten into PC gaming is because I'm happy with consoles and think I won't have time to really game on both. However I do want to be able to deal with mods and just have better experiences with some games if my rig is capable.

How much time do you spend on your PC as opposed to your console. And do you feel like having both is redundant?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
PS5: games on discs, PS+ games, games that are only on PlayStation yet to release on PC.
PC: games I rather play with mouse and keyboard, digital only games, PCVR games, PC exclusives

If a game has a botched port on either plataform I'll also take that into consideration.

Whenever possible I'll favor games on discs over digital on PC.

I have a RTX4060 so it's not necessarily about PC running games better than PlayStation (1080p at around 60fps is my usual target).

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PS5: games on discs, PS+ games, games that are only on PlayStation yet to release on PC.
PC: games I rather play with mouse and keyboard, digital only games, PCVR games, PC exclusives

If a game has a botched port on either plataform I'll also take that into consideration.

Whenever possible I'll favor games on discs over digital on PC.
Hmmm thnks. I think next year ima invest in a solid rig.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Me. 3080+3700x pc build specifically with ps5/xsx specs rumors in mind (that 3700x).
And I just paly on ps5. I got tired of playing on pc few years ago I think and I only recently realized that.
I will play on ps5 even if it's lower res or performance. I love the dualsense and just playing on console.
Elden ring, ac6, hogwarts, forspoken and other multiplat games I play on ps5 day1. Hogwarts was especially amazing ps5 port. quality 40fps mode is FLAWLESS in that game.
On top of that seamless pulse 3d (now moved on to elite!) and 3d audio. It's just a good time.
AND PHYSICAL MEDIA

I made an exception for re4 and while the performance was great, I had ton of crashes before everyone figured out RT setting was going over vram (3080 has only 10gb)

I still do play on pc but less often.. List of games (with platforms) finished in 2023.
So yeah, despite what I said above, it's a rather even split but new games are mostly picked on ps5.

Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe pc
Vampire survivors pc
Forspoken ps5
Hogwarts Legacy ps5
Horizon Call of the Mountain psvr2
Resident Evil 4 Remake pc
Resident Evil 4 HD mod pc
Resident Evil 4 Remake pc (ng+)
Uncharted 4 ps5 remaster
Earth Defense Force 5 dlc2 (coop)
Final Fantasy XVI ps5
Lost Planet x360
Armored Core VI ps5
Lies of P pc
Alan Wake Remaster ps5
Dark Souls 3 pc (+dlc)
Alan Wake 2 ps5
Half-Life 2 pc
Outer Wilds pc

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
My PC has been collecting dust for a while now.

One of the major reasons is I hate buying digital games.

Always physical for me so game on PS5 and Switch.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Hmmm thnks. I think next year ima invest in a solid rig.
If it's your first PC I would go for anything crazy, you might get yourself burned out if you spend too much and don't end up using it enought.

Sometimes I go months without playing on PC and other times I go months without touching the PS5.

I learned my lesson long ago not to worry about running games in ultra settings, native 4K resolution or anything like that. The best PC games are usually pretty easy to run.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Me. 3080+3700x pc build specifically with ps5/xsx specs rumors in mind (that 3700x).
And I just paly on ps5. I got tired of playing on pc few years ago I think and I only recently realized that.
I will play on ps5 even if it's lower res or performance. I love the dualsense and just playing on console.
Elden ring, ac6, hogwarts, forspoken and other multiplat games I play on ps5 day1. Hogwarts was especially amazing ps5 port. quality 40fps mode is FLAWLESS in that game.
On top of that seamless pulse 3d (now moved on to elite!) and 3d audio. It's just a good time.
AND PHYSICAL MEDIA

I made an exception for re4 and while the performance was great, I had ton of crashes before everyone figured out RT setting was going over vram (3080 has only 10gb)

I still do play on pc but less often.. List of games (with platforms) finished in 2023.
So yeah, despite what I said above, it's a rather even split but new games are mostly picked on ps5.

Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe pc
Vampire survivors pc
Forspoken ps5
Hogwarts Legacy ps5
Horizon Call of the Mountain psvr2
Resident Evil 4 Remake pc
Resident Evil 4 HD mod pc
Resident Evil 4 Remake pc (ng+)
Uncharted 4 ps5 remaster
Earth Defense Force 5 dlc2 (coop)
Final Fantasy XVI ps5
Lost Planet x360
Armored Core VI ps5
Lies of P pc
Alan Wake Remaster ps5
Dark Souls 3 pc (+dlc)
Alan Wake 2 ps5
Half-Life 2 pc
Outer Wilds pc
Ugh this is what I think will happen with me.

Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If it's your first PC I would go for anything crazy, you might get yourself burned out if you spend too much and don't end up using it enought.
I make gd money so I'm not really worried about the cost but yes I am worried about how often I'll use it. I bought an Xbox, switch, few other things that was just a waste bcus I'm always on my Playstation. Im tryng to avoid that.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
PC: Most of my gaming, aside for the rare circumstances where the port is significantly worse than a console version. I've now picked up the habit of waiting for PlayStation Studios games to drop on PC before playing them too. TLOU Part 2, God of War: Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West will all be new experiences for me on PC. I had a feeling FF VII Rebirth was going to be a long time before it hit PC though, so I got that for PS5.

PS5: PS+ games, console exclusives, edge cases where the console version may be better

My PC and console are both in the same setup and feed the same LG OLED display and I've got the comfy couch sitting right behind my desk, so I can do either desk or comfy couch gaming with 5.1 surround on both.

I'm running a Ryzen 7950X system with a RTX 4090 but if I had to do it again I would go Intel. Ryzen's got some weird jank still, and I'm kind of shocked at how little this gets acknowledged by techtubers and the like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PC: Most of my gaming, aside for the rare circumstances where the port is significantly worse than a console version. I've now picked up the habit of waiting for PlayStation Studios games to drop on PC before playing them too. TLOU Part 2, God of War: Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West will all be new experiences for me on PC. I had a feeling FF VII Rebirth was going to be a long time before it hit PC though, so I got that for PS5.

PS5: PS+ games, console exclusives, edge cases where the console version may be better

My PC and console are both in the same setup and feed the same LG OLED display and I've got the comfy couch sitting right behind my desk, so I can do either desk or comfy couch gaming with 5.1 surround on both.

I'm running a Ryzen 7950X system with a RTX 4090 but if I had to do it again I would go Intel. Ryzen's got some weird jank still.
Nice, thnks.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I've always had both, and for most of that time, I leaned Playstation because you get the disc, it just works, I work with computers so I don't want to fuck with them at home, etc.

But In the last ~4 years it's been almost all PC. The cross-gen period derailed my enthusiasm for the new generation. At this point it's easy to get a PC to outperform PS5. Steam Deck is a great new way to play almost every game ever at any time. No multiplayer subscription. I value my Steam library above everything else, and if I have the choice I will always get it on Steam.

• they're_right_you_know

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
View attachment 4438

View attachment 4439

Seriously asking. One of the main reasons I hvnt gotten into PC gaming is because I'm happy with consoles and think I won't have time to really game on both. However I do want to be able to deal with mods and just have better experiences with some games if my rig is capable.

How much time do you spend on your PC as opposed to your console. And do you feel like having both is redundant?
You are now Dead to me, fucking Traitor.

don't bother messaging me anymore, your new Pc friends @flaccidsnake and @Nhomnhom can fill that void.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I've always had both, and for most of that time, I leaned Playstation because you get the disc, it just works, I work with computers so I don't want to fuck with them at home, etc.

But In the last ~4 years it's been almost all PC. The cross-gen period derailed my enthusiasm for the new generation. At this point it's easy to get a PC to outperform PS5. Steam Deck is a great new way to play almost every game ever at any time. No multiplayer subscription. I value my Steam library above everything else, and if I have the choice I will always get it on Steam.
Maybe I invest in steamdeck 2.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I built a new gaming PC at the end of 2022. Prior to that I was on a gaming PC I built in 2016 and I spent 95% of my gaming time on PS5. Since the new PC, I spend about 80% of my time on PC and 20% on PS5, although that's mostly because I let my roommate who is broke play on my PS5. If I didn't, it'd probably be around 50-50 as I prefer playing jRPGs on my PS5.

• they're_right_you_know

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I have a PC (12700k/3080) and only play League of Legends on it sometimes, the last single player game I played on PC was Alan Wake 2 in November.

First person games will always be PC for KBM, besides that a lot of games I’d just rather own physically.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I have both, have not upgraded the PC since the 2080 Super.

It's hard to say, we play both on a regular basis.

PC is for emulation and games I prefer to play on it (RTS + FPS mainly).