Why does Xbox continue to beat the PS5?

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
There are loads of games for those who play in multiple systems or those who exclusively play PlayStation, PC or Nintendo. If you exclusively play Xbox then you have no games to play other than indies, third parties and whatever comes to gamepass. The choice of exclusives to pad the gaps between third parties is zero. Because of this, starfield and red fall will be welcomed with loving, open arms.

The mad part is that xbox fans are deluded and say it has never been better. Old xbox fans like me who point out how much worse xbox is now compared to 10 and 15 years ago get told how wrong we are.

Microsoft deserve their fans and their fans deserve the lack of quality and quantity of titles. Why the media haven't raked Phil Spencer or Xbox over the coals for releasing ONE exclusive in 2 years(!!!!) Show how much the media are paid off.

OT but I'm glad this place exists where we can talk positively about Sony's accomplishments, without shills and fanboys shutting us down.
OG XBOX was actually a time when MS had the most exclusives, but few people, especially XBOX fans actually know that. All they know is the 360 because LIVE got really popular along with games like COD and many MP and Coop games. Yet OG Xbox had so many unique single player games. XBOX went from that and started on an Indie, Mp, TvtvTv to Kinect craze......

As for the first half of this year, I know most of my time will be on Sf6, but my most anticipated SP games in the first half are; Atomic Heart, FF16, RE4 Remake, Wo Long, Suicide Squad and Dead Space Remake. I know the Sony games will come and I will buy those too, but I also suspect comparisons will get much more interesting as we head into 2023, this is the third year Cerny was talking about and we will be getting less crossgen games across exclusives and multiplats this year......

D

Deleted member 417

OG XBOX was actually a time when MS had the most exclusives, but few people, especially XBOX fans actually know that. All they know is the 360 because LIVE got really popular along with games like COD and many MP and Coop games. Yet OG Xbox had so many unique single player games. XBOX went from that and started on an Indie, Mp, TvtvTv to Kinect craze......

Microsoft were on fire during the og xbox days and i suspect thats because the original team wanted to honour the Dreamcast. Their vision of xbox was to create a Dreamcast 2. Now the vision of the division is to suck the industry dry, silence disenters and pay off shills to promote shite because they have no games.
As for the first half of this year, I know most of my time will be on Sf6, but my most anticipated SP games in the first half are; Atomic Heart, FF16, RE4 Remake, Wo Long, Suicide Squad and Dead Space Remake. I know the Sony games will come and I will buy those too, but I also suspect comparisons will get much more interesting as we head into 2023, this is the third year Cerny was talking about and we will be getting less crossgen games across exclusives and multiplats this year......

Ps5 only games are going to be sensational. We've already seen Ratchet which was phenomenal. I really do believe that PSVR2 games will look better than flat screen games.

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Ps5 only games are going to be sensational. We've already seen Ratchet which was phenomenal. I really do believe that PSVR2 games will look better than flat screen games.
Yes, there are so many games releasing this year. I think Insomniac says Spiderman 2 releases this year as well. Forbidden West DLC, this gen only. Rumors of LOU2 remake/remaster. I forgot to mention Stellar Blade, that game is day 1. I know reviewers may score it a 70 for some foolish reasons, like she is too sexy and this is about objectifying women, but last I checked, loving the look of an attractive and well-proportioned female was not a crime or neither is it illegal. I will get it day 1 regardless......

Funny thing is, there will be so many games announced this year too. Like Bend's game, Naughty's game, Barlog's game, rumors on Metal Gear Remake, I'm sure we will see a bit of Death Stranding 2, Silent Hill and perhaps even Castlevania, Bluepoint's projects etc.....Yet many moons ago, I heard so much noise on Hellblade 2, Avowed, Fable, State of Decay 2. All non-gameplay trailers, to this day we have seen little gameplay except the scripted hellblade smoke and mirrors "giant in the cave scene", if this was gameplay, it's very uninteresting and not very interactive.

This is the issue with MS, Sony has delivered so much last year and they are about to bring an onslaught already for this year and we've seen no gameplay from MS for games announced so long ago. I have a feeling Starfield is getting delayed again this year, Redfall will release, Hellblade I just saw is late this year, so it can easily skip it for more polish. I've never seen Forza Motorsport stretched so much, just shows what they showed in that trailer was just a spec video, maybe on a high end PC. Fable is not releasing anytime soon, neither is Perfect Dark. When MS fans don't have exclusives, what they fall back on are multiplats, they don't even care that Elden Ring run better on PS, they voted for Elden Ring and created Websites to boost the aggregates just to say ER beat GOW by so many GOTY's, it's sad. XBOX fans have been treating Elden Ring as though it was exclusive to their platform. They have to know they need to demand more from XBOX because PS fans played ER too along with GOW and Horizon and GT7 and Stray and Sifu.

I remember when I made a thread on GAF that Mattrick was a better XBOX head than Phil, xbox fans said I was trolling and that I just hated MS, but look at what XBOX has become under Phil, it's certainly not better than when Mattrick was running things.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yes, there are so many games releasing this year. I think Insomniac says Spiderman 2 releases this year as well. Forbidden West DLC, this gen only. Rumors of LOU2 remake/remaster. I forgot to mention Stellar Blade, that game is day 1. I know reviewers may score it a 70 for some foolish reasons, like she is too sexy and this is about objectifying women, but last I checked, loving the look of an attractive and well-proportioned female was not a crime or neither is it illegal. I will get it day 1 regardless......

Funny thing is, there will be so many games announced this year too. Like Bend's game, Naughty's game, Barlog's game, rumors on Metal Gear Remake, I'm sure we will see a bit of Death Stranding 2, Silent Hill and perhaps even Castlevania, Bluepoint's projects etc.....Yet many moons ago, I heard so much noise on Hellblade 2, Avowed, Fable, State of Decay 2. All non-gameplay trailers, to this day we have seen little gameplay except the scripted hellblade smoke and mirrors "giant in the cave scene", if this was gameplay, it's very uninteresting and not very interactive.

This is the issue with MS, Sony has delivered so much last year and they are about to bring an onslaught already for this year and we've seen no gameplay from MS for games announced so long ago. I have a feeling Starfield is getting delayed again this year, Redfall will release, Hellblade I just saw is late this year, so it can easily skip it for more polish. I've never seen Forza Motorsport stretched so much, just shows what they showed in that trailer was just a spec video, maybe on a high end PC. Fable is not releasing anytime soon, neither is Perfect Dark. When MS fans don't have exclusives, what they fall back on are multiplats, they don't even care that Elden Ring run better on PS, they voted for Elden Ring and created Websites to boost the aggregates just to say ER beat GOW by so many GOTY's, it's sad. XBOX fans have been treating Elden Ring as though it was exclusive to their platform. They have to know they need to demand more from XBOX because PS fans played ER too along with GOW and Horizon and GT7 and Stray and Sifu.

I remember when I made a thread on GAF that Mattrick was a better XBOX head than Phil, xbox fans said I was trolling and that I just hated MS, but look at what XBOX has become under Phil, it's certainly not better than when Mattrick was running things.
Mattrick was useless, but when he was top dog for Xbox, Phil was in charge of Xbox Game Studios, so all this rot in their game dev system was already a problem, and Phil was to blame then, too.

Mattrick was the one who conned the board of directors that the TV TV SPORTS TV TV WATERCOOLER bullshit was the way to make Xbox profitable and got the green light for the Bone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Mattrick was useless, but when he was top dog for Xbox, Phil was in charge of Xbox Game Studios, so all this rot in their game dev system was already a problem, and Phil was to blame then, too.

Mattrick was the one who conned the board of directors that the TV TV SPORTS TV TV WATERCOOLER bullshit was the way to make Xbox profitable and got the green light for the Bone.
Yes, but he gave them games in the 360 days. Since Phil took over, all he has given them are promises and a smile.......

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Phil Spencer is terrible at his job. They can give him another 15 awards and I’ll still think he’s horrible.

Gamespass hype has worn off (because umm derp no games) and now you wonder how it can make money at all when it they’re not growing consoles or subs. And that’s with gamespass being his only achievement.

Even before Activision and Bethesda they were just buying studios producing an anemic amount of software for nearly a decade already. When will that change? Maybe in another 5 years if the Activision deal goes thru?

He talked like a gamer and played it off like he cares. Now? Nah, I don’t buy it. Dude sucks.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Phil Spencer is terrible at his job. They can give him another 15 awards and I’ll still think he’s horrible.

Gamespass hype has worn off (because umm derp no games) and now you wonder how it can make money at all when it they’re not growing consoles or subs. And that’s with gamespass being his only achievement.

Even before Activision and Bethesda they were just buying studios producing an anemic amount of software for nearly a decade already. When will that change? Maybe in another 5 years if the Activision deal goes thru?

He talked like a gamer and played it off like he cares. Now? Nah, I don’t buy it. Dude sucks.

He's a visionary, stop that.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Phil deserves his award as much as Rise of the Thomb Raider deserved its writer's guild award and Halo Infinite deserves its GoTY awards.

All these awards are xbox related.

Games released in the same year as Rise of the Thomb Raider:
Witcher III
Bloodborne
Ori and the Blind Forest
Batman Arkham Knight
Metal Gear Solid 5
and many more...

This game has cringy writing, it should not even have been a runner up.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Phil deserves his award as much as Rise of the Thomb Raider deserved its writer's guild award and Halo Infinite deserves its GoTY awards.

All these awards are xbox related.

Games released in the same year as Rise of the Thomb Raider:
Witcher III
Bloodborne
Ori and the Blind Forest
Batman Arkham Knight
Metal Gear Solid 5
and many more...

This game has cringy writing, it should not even have been a runner up.
Thumb Raider?

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

He has fooled so many XBOX gamers, that's for sure. 50 year old + guy who wears a t shirt, jeans and sneakers, who hi-5's and pretends to play games.......Yeah, Phil will do anything to make the XBOX guys think he is one of them, and it's worked, because the worshipping I've seen of Phil in this industry is truly something else ....

Gamers and media were never so patient with Kaz Hirai, Ken Kutaragi, Jack Tretton and all these guys who delivered for so many years and some having gone through their own hurdles at Sony and bounced back. Accomplishments of any of these three, Phil will never come close to. The media/gamers are ready to cancel perhaps the best director in gaming history, Neil Druckmann over some inane stuff....That's the industry for you, meanwhile Uncle Phil continues to lie and promise games and gamechangers and he is getting awards for basically bluffing and doing nothing for decades.....

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
He has fooled so many XBOX gamers, that's for sure. 50 year old + guy who wears a t shirt, jeans and sneakers, who hi-5's and pretends to play games.......Yeah, Phil will do anything to make the XBOX guys think he is one of them, and it's worked, because the worshipping I've seen of Phil in this industry is truly something else ....

Gamers and media were never so patient with Kaz Hirai, Ken Kutaragi, Jack Tretton and all these guys who delivered for so many years and some having gone through their own hurdles at Sony and bounced back. Accomplishments of any of these three, Phil will never come close to. The media/gamers are ready to cancel perhaps the best director in gaming history, Neil Druckmann over some inane stuff....That's the industry for you, meanwhile Uncle Phil continues to lie and promise games and gamechangers and he is getting awards for basically bluffing and doing nothing for decades.....
It is so much worse when you consider he was head of Xbox Game Studios from 2008-2014, so he was DIRECTLY responsible for the complete shitshow that Xbox internal development has been for the better part of a decade now, as he chose his successor in the mongoloid known as Matt Booty, who apparently learned how to do the job from Phil.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It is so much worse when you consider he was head of Xbox Game Studios from 2008-2014, so he was DIRECTLY responsible for the complete shitshow that Xbox internal development has been for the better part of a decade now, as he chose his successor in the mongoloid known as Matt Booty, who apparently learned how to do the job from Phil.
So 15 years of incompetence. How many more to m$ wised up?