Why hasn’t Sony been able to create anything approaching the quality of a Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I literally forced myself to finish BOTW because it just wasn't exciting for me. Add to that I've used my Switch maybe 10 times since launch. Even beating Mario didn't bring me that nostalgia or make me want to keep playing. Idk something is missing for me. Talk to me about that Tlou story and enactments when zombies come and try to bust in the house, talk to me about Ghost of T combat and world, Horizon, GOW, etc and they are all vivid in my mind and I'll be smiling ear to ear.

Subjective tastes I guess :)

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I literally forced myself to finish BOTW because it just wasn't exciting for me. Add to that I've used my Switch maybe 10 times since launch. Even beating Mario didn't bring me that nostalgia or make me want to keep playing. Idk something is missing for me. Talk to me about that Tlou story and enactments when zombies come and try to bust in the house, talk to me about Ghost of T combat and world, Horizon, GOW, etc and they are all vivid in my mind and I'll be smiling ear to ear.

Subjective tastes I guess :)

Yup, when you start talking about Ghost or Elden Ring combat in an open world vs Zelda, there is no competition.

Zelda combat is pretty flat and uninvolved compared to any of those games you mentioned, lack of story hurts Zelda, while Ghost expertly crafted a real situation into a mythical adventure and Elden Ring told a story with minimal cutscenes and mostly lore and exploration better than Zelda ever could.

Horizon is only on its second game in the franchise and the vision is incredible.... far more original than anything in Zelda or anything else in pop culture for the last 10+ years IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.