Why is Gaming considerd a "waste" of time?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I don’t know, Brazilians don’t feel like that. It just is weird to me when I see this take on forums.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You made a good point...

Anyway sharing something personal... I tried go to gym twice in my life (one of these times I regularry keep going about 1 month) and every single day I was there it doing physical exercices I keep thinking "I could be gaming", "I could be eating", "I could be working", "I cloud be drinking beer", "I cloud be watching TV", "I cloud be gaming", "I cloud be sleeping", "I cloud be doing something else", etc.

It was painful.

And I reallized that for me it was the biggest waste time in my life.
So I never tried to go gym again.

I'm the opposite of that society view :p
My routine on workdays is:

Work
Gym
Game
Sleep

Repeat

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
You made a good point...

Anyway sharing something personal... I tried go to gym twice in my life (one of these times I regularry keep going about 1 month) and every single day I was there it doing physical exercices I keep thinking "I could be gaming", "I could be eating", "I could be working", "I cloud be drinking beer", "I cloud be watching TV", "I cloud be gaming", "I cloud be sleeping", "I cloud be doing something else", etc.

It was painful.

And I reallized that for me it was the biggest waste time in my life.
So I never tried to go gym again.

I'm the opposite of that society view :p

I have a few friend's whose social lives have been ruined by worrying about macros and lifting weights all their lives. I know quite a few gym goers (including my own father) and their neurotic training severely limits their social life. I, too, was once in this position. I was dropping parties and wasting tons of mental and physical energy getting up and running my precious macros. I don't hate gym, but besides getting up 2-3x a week and constantly counting macros, it can be just as unhealthy as too many games.

Reactions: ethomaz

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Studies show that it has a lot of psychological and physical health benefits as well as improving memory. historically people thought reading and writing were a waste of time.

No one doubts that video games can make you feel good, most fun things do. I’m speaking towards the skill that takes time and discipline to develop. There’s very little outside application where you can apply that effort elsewhere but video games.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
No one doubts that video games can make you feel good, most fun things do. I’m speaking towards the skill that takes time and discipline to develop. There’s very little outside application where you can apply that effort elsewhere but video games.

Elon Musk is the richest man on the planet, thanks to video games he got into coding.

Many people make money by streaming their games or playing E Sports.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
My brothger said I had to force me going for 6 months before I start to like :D
I was "WTF? 6 months? I give up"... I won't support painful 6 months for maybe like after that... when I like things I like imediatlly and I don't need to keep trying fo that.
I just do other types of exercise, biking, hiking, ski, etc. It may not all be possible to everyone, but it feels good to see something else than a screen of some sort.

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
This image of the nerd/loser was only accurate in the 90s when both videogame and anime were still niche. Now they are both multi billion dollar industries.

Normies, Chad, Stacies, CEO/10k, Celebrities, Athletes, Combat fighters, fkn everyone is into anime and video games.

Israel Adesanya is a current P4P fighter and he's a complete weaboo WITH a Naruto tattoo on his belly button. Ryan Garcia is an instagram Chad model + top boxer, and another dude who walked out to the ring with Naruto Sneakers on. Errol Spence Jr is a current P4P top 3 boxer who's on video fkn debating Jiren vs Goku.

"anime is for losers"

Tell that to Dylan Sprouse, who's banging Barbara Palvin, AND got her to do anime cosplay with him.
1689900002308.png
1689900030094.png

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Ive always worked out, also work, party socially and have good amount of friends, have my girl and also game alot. I've never really been around that crowd that looks down at ppl for gaming. At my job there's a bunch of vegan, yuppies that do yoga all day and if anything lol I don't look down on them but I be like "wtf". I'm also an avid anime watcher and I know alot of adults now that are into it whether it's for their kids or because they enjoy it. I wear all types of anime gear and get asked or complimented alot on it.

Mega stars from famous soccer players to baseball players, boxers, actors, basketball players etc game and watch anime. Shit when Fortnite first came out alot of diff sports victory dances was the Fortnite floss lol they knew what time it was!