Why is there no Gamer's Gate 2.0 with all the MS leaks

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I'll take the angle that the main reason is that the original one was based on a woman going at it with a gaming journalist... Currently this is all those shills (paid or useful idiot) taking Phil's shots one after the other, or all at the same time, bent over backward, yet nothing of significance happens to the gaming media.

No woman, no gamers gate? I my guess here is that there must have been something true when some people said that was about sexism all along.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I'll take the angle that the main reason is that the original one was based on a woman going at it with a gaming journalist... Currently this is all those shills (paid or useful idiot) taking Phil's shots one after the other, or all at the same time, bent over backward, yet nothing of significance happens to the gaming media.

No woman, no gamers gate? I my guess here is that there must have been something true when some people said that was about sexism all along.
What's gamers gate ?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Its exactky this. Since that angle isnt there anymore they like whatever.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
What's gamers gate ?
7zubx4.jpg

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
As I understand it before it got stupid, it was originally a thing about games journalism ethicslism.
No, that was just the cover story. They had a point on the ethics of journalists but the reason why it blew up was because it tapped into a deep reservoir of resentment at the perceive loss of male exclusivity in certain quarters. Same reason why there's special vitriol towards women sports refs, the pushback against "wokeness" like sensitivity training and workplace sexual harassment laws, etc.

The other problem is the pendulum swung too far the other way and now everything is "problematic" and people use wokeness as a shield and cudgel to beat down people they disagree with or dislike without actually caring about equality or power dynamics.

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Nobody under the age of 50 even cares about game media, younger people go to Youtubers for Game news
I agree so in a way it was a blessing. Traditional media was only pushing press releases and sanitized opinions anyway. I do miss the days of the credible games journalist even if there were only like…3 of them.

Reactions: Box