Why isn't Final Fantasy XIII on the PS5?

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I really loved these games but i couldn't find them in the store 🤔 i found FF XV, FF X and FF XII the zodiac age, but no trace of FF XIII!! Isn't this weird!! Does square enix hate money or what 😅

Reactions: Yossarian

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
After experiencing ff15 i think i was too harsh on ff13, i think i stopped playing after chapter 10 or somewhere there.

I would defintley pick it up if they did some remasters.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
There is no PS4 or PS5 version of the game(s)....yet. I can see SE making a FFXIII remastered collection in the future.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Ff13 is just garbage. Zero level design one of the worst gameplay systems and a frigid character, so boring and annoying. Is not worth to go back to that world. We got more that enough already.

EDIT: Lighting is not even waifu material.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Maybe its sales and reviews, plus current demand, weren't big enough to deserve's Square Enix attention. Who I assume has been focused on other projects they consider have more sales potential.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Maybe its sales and reviews, plus current demand, weren't big enough to deserve's Square Enix attention. Who I assume has been focused on other projects they consider have more sales potential.
I think sales were fine because it got two sequels... well Lighting Returns can be considered more a spin-off but it is still a sequel of the story.

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

There is no way they cloud give green light to XIII-2 or Lighting Returns without demand.

Reactions: Oogabooga

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think sales were fine because it got two sequels... well Lighting Returns can be considered more a spin-off but it is still a sequel of the story.

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

There is no way they cloud give green light to XIII-2 or Lighting Returns without demand.
XII-2 was released barely a couple of years after XIII, meaning aprox. around a year and a half of development. And also meaning they already had a good part of it made before XIII was released.

XIII had development issues and went out of scope so they chopped it into multiple games. Something also happened in FFVIIR. Or with the XIII Versus spin-off, which also became ended too big so became a full numbered FFXV.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
XII-2 was released barely a couple of years after XIII, meaning aprox. around a year and a half of development. And also meaning they already had a good part of it made before XIII was released.

XIII had development issues and went out of scope so they chopped it into multiple games. Something also happened in FFVIIR. Or with the XIII Versus spin-off, which also became ended too big so became a full numbered FFXV.
Sure… FFXIII-2 feels like a DLC.

But if sales were not good for Square Enix, should they release these?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sure… FFXIII-2 feels like a DLC.

But if sales were not good for Square Enix, should they release these?
Because they did spend a shit ton of money making them and their engines, way more than they were used to, so they needed as much revenue as needed to compensate it. For that same reason FF (and others like Rockstar or DMC) went full multiplatform.

To compensate next gen extra costs that gen some previously AAA exclusive IPs went multiplatform, or started to release DLC. In the PS4 generation they did double down making more IPs multiplatform and increasing their DLC efforts going GaaS.

Once and if they are very successful in GaaS and their addons revenue represents a way bigger part than their game revenue part from selling games, as happens in let's say FIFA and I assume GTA or Street Fighter, their next step will be to go F2P: they will sacrifice that revenue from selling games but it will be compensated by the extra revenue from addons thanks to the increase in players from being free.

They will also increase their efforts in getting extra revenue from crossmedia/transmedia (movies, tv shows, books...), eSports where applies or merchandising.

And years later, once they need to increase again their revenue they'll go P2E (play to earn). Basically in these games they'll allow players sell each other in-game items or user generated content and the publisher will get a fraction of that transaction.

By that time the hardware of smartphones, tablets and (non-Nintendo) portables will be so powerful that will be able to run natively basically any modern AAA game, and if not game streaming will also have evolved enough to play any AAA game on any device with a screen and decent internet connection. Everybody will be used to multiplatform games with crossplay and PSN, XBL, eShop and Apple App Store will be the main crossplatform -most likely digital only- gaming ecosystems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
EDIT: Lighting is not even waifu material.
This is my waifu 😍
Snow_20Villiers_large.jpg

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I don't see demand for it.
I mean it was not a good game after all.
Still better than FFXV.
How is there no demand for it, can you elaborate more? It's one of the most commercially successful final fantasy games. FFXIII ALONE sold more than 8 mils and it was critically a hit too.
Ff13 is just garbage. Zero level design one of the worst gameplay systems and a frigid character, so boring and annoying. Is not worth to go back to that world. We got more that enough already.
Cap. the gameplay and the level design is one of the best in the entire series. The gameplay is so addictive and fast. loved switching roles back and forth. the only thing i hated about it, the game will be over if the character you are controlling dies off, despite the other characters being able to revive you. I loved the characters especially lightning Snow and Fang. Lightning might seem like a meanie at first, but she really grows in you and her character development is one of the best. She isn't really a psycho bitch like most people like to pretend, she just cut through the bs to get the job done. In the middle of the game she starts to express her emotions and she becomes like an older sister to Hope. loved the futuristic cyberpunkish environment. my favourite tbh. all FF games should be in cyberpunk futuristic environment tbh, it fits the series so well. 😍 ❤️ you can argue the story is mid tho, which I agree about. The linearity doesn't bother me, none of the final fantasy games had open world, they just have open areas to explore. FFX was linear af and it's my favourite FF.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
How is there no demand for it, can you elaborate more? It's one of the most commercially successful final fantasy games. FFXIII ALONE sold more than 8 mils and it was critically a hit too.

Cap. the gameplay and the level design is one of the best in the entire series. The gameplay is so addictive and fast. loved switching roles back and forth. the only thing i hated about it, the game will be over if the character you are controlling dies off, despite the other characters being able to revive you. I loved the characters especially lightning Snow and Fang. Lightning might seem like a meanie at first, but she really grows in you and her character development is one of the best. She isn't really a psycho bitch like most people like to pretend, she just cut through the bs to get the job done. In the middle of the game she starts to express her emotions and she becomes like an older sister to Hope. loved the futuristic cyberpunkish environment. my favourite tbh. all FF games should be in cyberpunk futuristic environment tbh, it fits the series so well. 😍 ❤️ you can argue the story is mid tho, which I agree about. The linearity doesn't bother me, none of the final fantasy games had open world, they just have open areas to explore. FFX was linear af and it's my favourite FF.
Too much text. Sowrry.

• haha
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I am willing to read concise and clear statements.
You didn't even read it to say if it's clear or not. Wtf 🤣🤣🤣🤣 i made a whole review about the game in the most CONCISE possible way. Just say you don't have the mental capacity to read more than 2 lines and go off.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
You didn't even read it to say if it's clear or not. Wtf 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I made a whole review about the game in the most CONCISE possible way. Just say you don't have the mental capacity to read more than 2 lines and go off.
I just faped and my face is tired.

Lighting is annoying. I was like "Is this bitch angry/jelly her sister is getting the D and she isn't getting any?

oh no. She is just a lame character without emotions 😆.