Why isn't Final Fantasy XIII on the PS5?

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
images

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
How is there no demand for it, can you elaborate more? It's one of the most commercially successful final fantasy games. FFXIII ALONE sold more than 8 mils and it was critically a hit too.
It was a comercial success based in name alone... it quality is at least controversial.
IMO the FFXIII quality was the reason to the sequels under-perform.

You say FFXIII sold more than 8 million alone but I could only find the info about over 7 million from IGN Japan in September 2017.
These are the data I have:

FFXIII: over 7 million as of September 2017
FFXIII-2: over 3.1 million as of January 2013
Lighting Returns: Who knows? From official trackers it sold a bit over 1 million only.

FFXIII Trilogy (all games sales): over 11 million as of September 2014.

If you combined the games sales you will see it matches SE 11 million for the franchise... 7.1 + 3.1 + 1.0m = 11.2m.

Reactions: Oogabooga
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
It was a comercial success based in name alone... it quality is at least controversial.
IMO the FFXIII quality was the reason to the sequels under-perform.

You say FFXIII sold more than 8 million alone but I could only find the info about over 7 million from IGN Japan in September 2017.
These are the data I have:

FFXIII: over 7 million as of September 2017
FFXIII-2: over 3.1 million as of January 2013
Lighting Returns: Who knows? From official trackers it sold a bit over 1 million only.

FFXIII Trilogy (all games sales): over 11 million as of September 2014.

If you combined the games sales you will see it matches SE 11 million for the franchise... 7.1 + 3.1 + 1.0m = 11.2m.
Yeah sorry 7 mils, but 7 mils is still really good for a japanese game. The majority of japanese games don't even crack 5 mils units sold. Even if it sold few thousands on the PS5 they are still making a profit for an easy port.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
oh no. She is just a lame character without emotions 😆.
How does she not show any emotions? she is just focused and knows how to cut through the bs to get the job done. She has one of the best character development and writing in gaming ever.

Lighting is annoying. I was like "Is this bitch angry/jelly her sister is getting the D and she isn't getting any?
😆.
The story start out so fast, they are litterally in a battlefield the moment the game starts. you really think someone who's going to war to take down the corrupt government and who's being robbed from everything they had will have time for romance? In fact, I appreciate there's no romance in her writing.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
How does she not show any emotions? she is just focused and knows how to cut through the bs to get the job done. She has one of the best character development and writing in gaming ever.

The story start out so fast, they are litterally in a battlefield the moment the game starts. you really think someone who's going to war to take down the corrupt government and who's being robbed from everything they had will have time for romance? In fact, I appreciate there's no romance in her writing.
Lighting was trying to be Female cloud. They failed and became just a model.

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
Game is great. It's a victim of FF7 fans gaslighting everyone to believe it's a bad game.
My dude this statement has been true for every FF game after 7 lol.

Which is weird cause I'm not saying 7 is bad but even compared to FF Tactics I don't understand how they can hold that game in such high regard that 25 years later they're still chasing that high trying to capture what their childhood brain gave them no matter how equally solid, and in some cases even superior, several of the games after it or even before were.

For me if you put them in front of me

Tactics > 12 > 9 > 6 > 10 > 8 > 7

All great games but c'mon, let it go. Every time a game in this series doesn't reach these supposed heights of 7 it seemingly destroys a developers career

Last edited:
  • haha
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
It is true tho.

Edit:
You like Lighting but dislike Cloud?.....I smell snif snif some of them sexism.
The only similarity both are ex soldiers, other than that I don't see it, both are totally different. Part of the reason why I dislike Cloud is I'm ngl bigotry, it's because his fans are annoying. Idk much about him just from the remake part 1 he is a shit character. Lightning is more interesting and likable than him and she has a gorgeous hair, Cloud hair is so atrocious 🤢 i might change my mind about him in the future. I didn't like lightning at first too, but for now he is a shit character.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
My dude this statement has been true for every FF game after 7 lol.

Which is weird cause I'm not saying 7 is bad but even compared to FF Tactics I don't understand how they can hold that game in such high regard that 25 years later they're still chasing that high trying to capture what their childhood brain gave them no matter how equally solid, and in some cases even superior, several of the games after it out even before were.

For me if you put them in front of me

Tactics > 12 > 9 > 6 > 10 > 8 > 7

All great games but c'mon, let it go. Every time a game in this series doesn't reach these supposed heights of 7 it seemingly destroys a developers career
Ikr. Nostalgia is one hell of a drug. They love the game so bad they want every FF to be FF7 0.2. They hate change and everything trendy. like I tried to play that game, but I couldn't. It didn't age well. Maybe it was good at its time, but logically speaking, every game that came after is better. While I enjoyed the remake, other than the awesome gameplay (which is not even part of the original) I don't see what's so special about it tbh. The story and characters (except for Tifa who is badass af) are okey at best. FF X has a better lore and characters overall. Some of the characters are lame like Jessie and that horrible scientist who reminds me of Trevor on steroid. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: Gh0stnTheBashShell

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
I'm sorry I keked at you in the other thread oogabooga, I actually really liked XIII & XIII-2 (Caius filtered me in LR and I never finished it). I think the battle system was the most unique and interesting out of all the FF games and a genuine joy to play. When I was playing through XIII I was surprised the game is considered shit

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I don't see demand for it.
I mean it was not a good game after all.
Still better than FFXV.
It actually was a good game with a good story and a good cast o characters. The game was a victim of the ps3/360 era where nonlinearity and Japanese games were hated for no good reason. I remember being sick of the push non linearity was having as if a game wanting to have a defined structure was a bad thing. It’s why we have a lot of shitty open world games nowadays. Ps3/360 gen was the worse gen ever for this.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Screw that turd of a trilogy. X is where it all started to go wrong and 13 is where it finally began to shit the bed… thankfully 16 looks like a major correction it’s been needing for decades.

WHERE IS MGS4!?

I mean I didn’t even like MGS4 too much. But I wouldn’t mind replaying it but it’s still lost.

Apparently not coming with the rumored 4k ports either …

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Screw that turd of a trilogy. X is where it all started to go wrong and 13 is where it finally began to shit the bed… thankfully 16 looks like a major correction it’s been needing for decades.

WHERE IS MGS4!?

I mean I didn’t even like MGS4 too much. But I wouldn’t mind replaying it but it’s still lost.

Apparently not coming with the rumored 4k ports either …
This is why you should stay away from drugs guys^ 🤦‍♀️ Final Fantasy 10, Final Fantasy 12 and Final Fantasy 13 are the top 3 best Final Fantasy games of all the time. That's isn't even up to a debate it's a fact.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Yossarian

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
remaster this, MGS4, GTA 4, and Puppeteer for PS5 with a 120fps mode for all off them and an optional ray tracing mode!

• fire

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
This is why you should stay away from drugs guys^ 🤦‍♀️ Final Fantasy 10, Final Fantasy 12 and Final Fantasy 13 are the top 3 best Final Fantasy games of all the time. That's isn't even up to a debate it's a fact.
I agree, that XII Zodiac Age and XIII are the best. Inb4 "zoomer", I have played all of them except XI